AV: Never seen such a horrible customer service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keydiver said:
Interesting email I just got from Nissan:
They don't say by how much they have lowered the price, but I'm still not interested.

Yep, I got the same e-mail. Sent them back an e-mail complaining about the $100 AV assessment charge.

GPowers said:
keydiver said:
Interesting email I just got from Nissan:
They don't say by how much they have lowered the price, but I'm still not interested.
Yep, I got the same e-mail. Sent them back an e-mail complaining about the $100 AV assessment charge.
I'll be interested in seeing their new pricing, when someone finds it, please post. I've already got my EV Project Blink, but it's good to know to share with new LEAF buyers as we meet them and pick the best charging option for their needs and budget. It's possible AV might change for the better - which is especially important since they are the only vendor Nissan will tell you about.... Though Nissan should inform LEAF buyers better, especially in their automated process about AV - their integrated partner - or - here are the links to directories of ither charging hardware (Plug In America) and you coordinate with your own electrician.

ElectricVehicle said:
GPowers said:
I'll be interested in seeing their new pricing, when someone finds it, please post. I've already got my EV Project Blink, but it's good to know to share with new LEAF buyers as we meet them and pick the best charging option for their needs and budget. It's possible AV might change for the better - which is especially important since they are the only vendor Nissan will tell you about.... Though Nissan should inform LEAF buyers better, especially in their automated process about AV - their integrated partner - or - here are the links to directories of ither charging hardware (Plug In America) and you coordinate with your own electrician.

I think Nissan need to make the DIY option more ready available and not push so hard for the AV option. They should be more forthcoming with the other options like upgrading the included EVSE, and other manufactures products.

GPowers said:
ElectricVehicle said:
GPowers said:

I think Nissan need to make the DIY option more ready available and not push so hard for the AV option. They should be more forthcoming with the other options like upgrading the included EVSE, and other manufactures products.

They have an agreement with AV who made an investment in the entire project. Don't expect them to be forthcoming in options, expect them to hide them and make it seem there are none. If this info were available in the order process fewer people would be upset and if the industry did not pray on the fear and uncertainty of consumers people would not think they need to buy an expensive AV or other product.

Cash and carry price was $721 early this year, before they jacked it up a whopping 38% to $999 *just* before I bought my Leaf.

In hindsight, I would have been better off blowing my $100 assessment fee at a carnival midway where I would have felt just slightly less screwed.

mbutter said:
Cash and carry price was $721 early this year, before they jacked it up a whopping 38% to $999 *just* before I bought my Leaf.

In hindsight, I would have been better off blowing my $100 assessment fee at a carnival midway where I would have felt just slightly less screwed.

I blew off the assessment fee and bought one on e-bay for around $600.

Wow, that's surprising. I had my appointment, received a call from the owner of the electrical company the day before, and received a call 30 minutes before he arrived which was 10 minutes BEFORE the time arranged the previous day. Great service thus from the contractor here in Denver, that's for sure. Of course, the installation hasn't happened yet, but so far they have been nothing but great.

Ohm Boy

I was scheduled for an assessment last Friday between 8 am and 12. My wife got a call at 5 pm on Thursday saying they had to reschedule. I had taken Friday off from work, so needless to say I was not happy :x

dtomko said:
I was scheduled for an assessment last Friday between 8 am and 12. My wife got a call at 5 pm on Thursday saying they had to reschedule. I had taken Friday off from work, so needless to say I was not happy :x

Skip the AV assessment and buy your own EVSE then get an electrician to hook it up. Save some money. I did, I saved about $2000, did it myself.

dtomko said:
Tell them not to come and consider yourself very happy for having saved $100. I foolishly gave them the $100 only to find out that I could save more than $2000 by not using their "service".

Ray

I recently received my email from Nissan to schedule my home assessment. From what i have been reading is not everyone has done the home assessment.
How do i get a waiver from Nissan to skip this step and order my car. I am located in NY.
Thanks

Call Nissan customer service. Just request a waiver of the AV assessment and install. They may ask what you intend to do. Just tell them you plan to get a GE Wattstation, Leviton or whatever installed by your local electrician. This waiver will not delay or have any effect on ordering or getting your Leaf.

smkettner said:
Call Nissan customer service. Just request a waiver of the AV assessment and install. They may ask what you intend to do. Just tell them you plan to get a GE Wattstation, Leviton or whatever installed by your local electrician. This waiver will not delay or have any effect on ordering or getting your Leaf.

I did this and not only did the customer service associate I spoke to not in any way try to convince me to go with AV, she AGREED that a GE Wattstation would better fit my needs.

Back