Blue Nissan logo on Wheel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spies said:
I am curious to know if the dealer managed to "peel off" the blue tint :D

As far as I know, it is likely anodized aluminum (or something similar), so not "peelable". Also, though the site says "standard", I believe the blue trim to be standard on colors other than blue (probably so the two blues don't clash).

Pre-production cars did not have the blue emblems. Perhaps not all early production cars had blue emblems as well as "real" production ramped up.

LEAFguy said:
Spies said:
I am curious to know if the dealer managed to "peel off" the blue tint :D

As far as I know, it is likely anodized aluminum (or something similar), so not "peelable". Also, though the site says "standard", I believe the blue trim to be standard on colors other than blue (probably so the two blues don't clash).

Pre-production cars did not have the blue emblems. Perhaps not all early production cars had blue emblems as well as "real" production ramped up.

Our blue Leaf has blue wheel icons and blue hood and hatch emblems. The blue wheel caps are not coated, they are anodized - nothing to peel off.

the blue i can understand. blue water, blue skies both signify clean.

but when we were looking at the wheels during the meet, mine did not look blue but now i can sorta see a bluish tint. now it could also be the blue car reflecting onto the silver as well. but the blue seems more prominent now. definitely not a bright blue and to be honest with ya, i need to look at them again when i am out in good light (which i dont have in the garage)

sorry, i started this and then got real busy this week. I'll get a picture of mine but I don't see a 'tint' of blue on them. I'm trying to decide if I should even care. It's just that I love the color and sorta want them blue..

oh another odd thing. I found a few places with blue paint.. yes blue paint on the wheel. It came right off but it was blue paint matching the car. Huh?? tires go on way after paint so this makes no sense to me at all. Today was the first time that I hand dried the car after a wash and I got down and was carefully cleaning the wheels when I noticed it. Again.. yes more pictures. something to do.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I found a few places with blue paint.. yes blue paint on the wheel. It came right off but it was blue paint matching the car. Huh?? tires go on way after paint so this makes no sense to me at all.

A blue "dot"? I think that is a QC marking and not related to paint on the car.

mwalsh said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I found a few places with blue paint.. yes blue paint on the wheel. It came right off but it was blue paint matching the car. Huh?? tires go on way after paint so this makes no sense to me at all.

I found the same thing the first time I washed my Leaf. It was blue paint, matching the car, that was almost 'splashed' on the wheel. It came off with a little bit of fingernail action, but it was on each tire. I couldn't figure out why....

Jimmydreams said:
mwalsh said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

I found the same thing the first time I washed my Leaf. It was blue paint, matching the car, that was almost 'splashed' on the wheel. It came off with a little bit of fingernail action, but it was on each tire. I couldn't figure out why....
Remote possibility here, Jimmy, but worth a try. Did you and SeattleBlue perchance order mudguards and, since blue wasn't one of the available colors at the time, maybe NIssan spray painted 'em after installation?

Just bored on a Sunday afternoon,

Glenn

Jimmydreams said:
mwalsh said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:

I found the same spot of blue paint on the wheel of my RED car. So I think mwalsh is correct.

Glenn said:
Remote possibility here, Jimmy, but worth a try. Did you and SeattleBlue perchance order mudguards and, since blue wasn't one of the available colors at the time, maybe NIssan spray painted 'em after installation?

Just bored on a Sunday afternoon,

Glenn

Nope, no mudflaps, Glenn. ;)

the paint on at least one of the wheels was not in the form of a dot but a very thin blue line. I've wiped most of it off but I found a bit in one of my pictures:
1193708015_WzECH-M.png

Also - here is the wheel with the silver (not blue) wheel cover like it should be.

1193693813_pqnCL-M.jpg

Those are all chrome instead of a silver background with either chrome or blue logos. Those are what you would typically see on chrome wheels (factory ones that have been chromed).

I thought it might be an SL trim thing, but it seems kind of random.

My Red LEAF has the blue badges.

One wheel badge (circular insert?) looks like chrome on a chrome background. The 2nd (on the Red LEAF) looks like a bluish tint on a wheel-rim gray.

Is that correct?
Are they inserts?

At best mine I would consider silver with a bluish tint....maybe. its so subtle that it could be the blue car reflecting onto the silver.

SeattleBlueLeaf, you now own a collectable LEAF! :) These are just wheel caps and somehow you got full chrome caps. I just checked and even the pre-production wheel caps are painted with a chrome logo (like cardw's). Even Japanese LEAFs center caps are painted. Don't really know what vehicle yours are for. Perhaps accidental production? Also, it seems that on yours the circle around the word Nissan is incomplete. Unusual.

Back