California Central Coast LEAFers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaK

Okay, I know you're out there. There are at least two with quotes from Coast Nissan ahead of me. Anyone from Santa Barbara to San Miguel lurking out there?

Linda
(Red SL ordered 9/13)

It probably should be LEAFs since LEAF is acutally an acronym (Leading, Environmentally friendly, Affordable, Family car).

Nissan official plural is LEAFs.

In another thread we discussed what a bunch of them together would be called, and came up wilh many suggestions (look there, do not re-discuss here), with perhaps the "rustle of LEAFs" being popular.

I would be one of the Coast Nissan hopefuls - got the 'delivery in March' note from Nissan this week.

slojohn

Congrats. I still have a penduary delivery (or MAYbe)? I was first told that I was 4th in SB then 7th, now no idea.

You know, I always say I live in Silicon Valley, but I guess in theory I am really a Central Coast LEAFer, because the water in the creek behind our house ends up in Monterey Bay, not San Francisco Bay. But, then, Silicon Valley is really more a state of mind and a way of life than an actual physical valley. And I do live much closer to San Jose than to any coastal city.

Brian and I (Santa Maria & Morro Bay) have put up a Facebook group too. We both ordered from Santa Maria Nissan, and currently have delivery dates of April (for Brian) and March (for me).

Have you all put your data in the forum's spreadsheet? It is being maintained in at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949. Once we get a quorum here on the central coast, we need to have a get together somewhere centrally located!

Hey slojohn, have you ordered a personalized license by chance? I snagged SLO EV...can't wait to put it on my little red LEAF.

Have a black SL on order from Coast Nissan--April delivery date according to my account.

Any word on compatible charging stations around SLO? Can't find any info online.

My dashboard just changed to a April delivery and I no longer have the option of changing color. The Santa Barbara Nissan has L2 chargers. Also the Rabobank in Goleta has L2 chargers. Besides the dealers I also thought the Rabobank in Santa Maria and First Bank of SLO are supposed to have chargers.

There is a CRVP EV workshop this coming weekend for those who are interested. It is in Santa Barbara on Saturday 2/12 from 1PM to 3PM.
Please follow the link below for more information.

http://www.cecsb.org/index.php?option=com_events&type=event&task=details&id=257

For anyone in the Santa Barbara area the weekend of April 16. The Community Environmental Coucil is having its 12th annual green car show.

http://www.cecsb.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&Itemid=112

There is also a ride and drive planned. If we could get more than 1 LEAF in the area they might be able to include it in the ride and drive.

My LEAF slipped from April to May so it is unlikely to be available to support the event. Maybe someone else out in the community that we haven't heard from?

got the "within 7 days" notification on Wednesday. Still no public charge ports that I know of in the SLO area except at Coast Nissan.

HI sloheidi,

Just got back to this part of the forum....I've been learning my new car for the past 3 weeks! Woo hoo!!!

Anyway, I do know that Rabobank is putting L2 chargers. I know that Paso has one and I think the other is in AG. I emailed Rabobank to thank them, and asked if they might be putting one in a SLO branch soon. I don't know how soon it will be, but they do have it in the books to be done at some point.

I met John at Coast Nissan today as he and his wife were picking up their Cayenne Red baby. Make sure you get the refrigerate level in your A/C checked before you drive it home.....seems to be a problem, and I got caught in it today. There is a thread to read under Main Owners Forum/"Troubles"

Linda

Congratulations to SLOJohn and his wife. I am sorry to hear that LindaK's car had the 'a/c' shutdown problem. My car has gone from April->May->Pending. Maybe it will give them time to figure out the 'a/c' problem. Santa Barbara Nissan is supposed to have their dealer demo before the Santa Barbara green car show and if so it will be at the show for the driver and ride.

Hi Central Coasters. Glad to here SLOJohn got his, that makes 2 with LindaK. If my dashboard is believable, I should
have mine Monday or Tuesday.

I plan to show off my LEAF at the SLO Earth Day event this month. Want to join me?

Thanks mgoleta. Gosh, I hope they get this A/C thing fixed long before May!! Coast Nissan still has my car and will for the weekend. Last word a few minutes ago was that the Nissan Engineers are reprogramming, and so I guess there is some kind of software patch that will be the answer. I'm actually happy to wait so that they get it done right the first time! Guess this is why they call us guinea pigs, eh?

Linda

Back