California Central Coast LEAFers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LindaK, I see in the another post that you got your car back and you don't have to go without for a whole weekend :) . I understand that Nissan believes they understand what was happening and they finally had a fix that should work. Apparently the initial fix they had wasn't sufficient but everyone should now have the updated fix in place. So any cars fixed in the last few days hopefully won't experience it again and any new cars won't experience it ever. BTW my wife and I drove back through Morro Bay from the Piedra Blancas seal rookery earlier in the week. I thought there may have been a small chance to see a LEAF on the road but it was likely that your car was already in the shop.

C1987, congrats :) . There are some due to be delivered shortly here on the south coast (sounds like the same truck making deliveries up north with your car.)

Sorry I missed you, mgoleta! Sally looks so nice with the backdrop of the green hills! That's such a wonderful drive to San Simeon this time of year!

I'm sure Brian (c1987) is busy learning all the new toys on his car. It takes a while! I'm still waiting to see photos on FB.

"C1987, congrats :) . There are some due to be delivered shortly here on the south coast (sounds like the same truck making deliveries up north with your car.)"

Thank you. It's been a long wait. If I get a chance to do a test drive to Goleta, can I stop at your place for talk and juice?

Guess I need to post some photos for Linda and others wanting to see it. It's on the list of to do's now.

my husband and daughter saw a blue leaf pass by our house on their way to school this am--c1987 perhaps? supposed to get my black one next week (finally!) and was told they're updating the software at port first--I can wait a little longer I guess ;)

c1987 said:
Thank you. It's been a long wait. If I get a chance to do a test drive to Goleta, can I stop at your place for talk and juice?

Guess I need to post some photos for Linda and others wanting to see it. It's on the list of to do's now.
Sorry I missed this post. I normally just use the View new posts and I didn't see it.

Sounds great. SLO to Goleta sounds ambitious in a LEAF, 100mi. How would plan the trip? The Santa Maria Nissan (70 miles to Goleta) I beleive has L2 but I am not aware of anything in between. There has been some talk of trying to get one put in at the Gaviota rest stop but I am not sure there has been anything but talk on that.

Right now I can only offer 120V. We have 240V outlets at work waiting for the Leivton 160 units (they say sometime between mid April and early May). Once that happens I will also put that in at home. The Nissan dealer here has L2 available and is very close by (a couple of miles.) There has only been one additional car delivered on the south coast so far (total of 2). I still don't have my car. I supposedly have a VIN assignment, 1436. Still just a waiting game for me. Based on my PD, CS and the DB its arrival ranges from next week to early June. I was hoping to have it for the green car show next weekend in Santa Barbara.

Finally got my car yesterday--was a long wait as the wrong car (right vin, wrong trim and no qc) arrived 5 weeks ago and it took this long for the "right" one to arrive. I'm very happy with the car but not so much with Nissan corporate...now it's mine, though! :) ha!

Anyone tried a drive up Cuesta grade yet?

sloheidi said:
Finally got my car yesterday--was a long wait as the wrong car (right vin, wrong trim and no qc) arrived 5 weeks ago and it took this long for the "right" one to arrive. I'm very happy with the car but not so much with Nissan corporate...now it's mine, though! :) ha!

Anyone tried a drive up Cuesta grade yet?

Congratulations SLOHEIDI. I have had my car a week. The wait was painfull but the car is wonderfull.

Thinking of trying a weekend trip from slo to Santa Barbara--prob with stop in Santa Maria for extra "juice" but also want to know what's avail in sb before I get there too--any info? Know any ev-friendly hotels?
Btw, tried the new j1772 charger at the marsh st garage today in slo and found it worked great! Got 3-4 bars of charge for $0.75 parking fee (2 hrs parking)

sloheidi said:
Btw, tried the new j1772 charger at the marsh st garage today in slo and found it worked great! Got 3-4 bars of charge for $0.75 parking fee (2 hrs parking)

Heidi- that's great news! I hadn't looked for a while. Where is is located in the garage? Ground floor?

Also, you asked about the grade. SLOJohn's wife uses their LEAF to commute up the grade every weekday. Word from John is that you don't "gain" everything you "lose" going up, but you do get back down with more "miles" than you had at the top of the grade. As you would expect!
John and I actually passed each ot
her on the CP campus a couple of weeks ago. What fun!

sloheidi said:
Thinking of trying a weekend trip from slo to Santa Barbara--prob with stop in Santa Maria for extra "juice" but also want to know what's avail in sb before I get there too--any info? Know any ev-friendly hotels?
Love that Marsh St. location (1st hour free!) ...

Santa Maria *and* Goleta Rabobank have a "tesla" labeled station that's been converted to J1772 :)

Click on the green "bubbles" on this map:
http://www.evchargermaps.com/?SiteID=93454_2&Want=TSL&Zoom=9

Same is true of two other Rabobanks: Salinas & Atascadero.

sloheidi said:
Santa Barbara Nissan has 2 L2 chargers that don't show up in Carwings for whatever reason. I sent a message to them asking them what their usage policy is for non SB Nissan customers. I don't think there would be any issue but it is easier to ask first. I will post info when I get it.
The Goleta Hampton Inn is literally next to the Nissan dealership. I am not aware of any the local hotels having chargers but I haven't really checked into that. I will try to inquire from some people that should know.

LindaK said:
Congrats mgoleta on your new glacier Pearl baby!!
Thanks. It was on the local news (KEYT) last Friday night with our local U.S. Congresswoman.

The only hotel I found is the Canary Hotel. I know they had a Tesla charger but they were going to have their engineer let me know if they converted to J1772. I have heard conflicting reports about this from different people.

I also checked out the charger at the Goleta Rabobank this morning and verified it works with the LEAF. It is free and an L2 charger.

Hey Central Coasters--would you be interested in participating in a Relay/Rally ? At our last SF Bay Area gathering, we discussed the possibility of driving a baton and a passenger (or two) from SF to LA in LEAFs. We get volunteers to drive 60 mile segments and do a hand off to the next LEAF. If there's enough interest, we could also consider doing Sacramento to San Diego. Quite a logistics challenge, but doable I think.

gascant said:
Hey Central Coasters--would you be interested in participating in a Relay/Rally ? At our last SF Bay Area gathering, we discussed the possibility of driving a baton and a passenger (or two) from SF to LA in LEAFs. We get volunteers to drive 60 mile segments and do a hand off to the next LEAF. If there's enough interest, we could also consider doing Sacramento to San Diego. Quite a logistics challenge, but doable I think.
Interesting idea. Time frame? We have tricky segment from Santa Maria to Goleta.

Getting home. 135 mi round trip. Just takes a little planning. Goleta Rabobank has L2 charging. If you are comfortable with it, okay.

The idea is that each participant drives a segment that's long enough to require a charge when they get to the hand off point. So, ideally, the hand offs all occur at charging stations, whether they be public or private. I've been finding that I get an 80% charge in about 5 hours, so not a big deal to "refuel" at a destination. There's at least one journalist who's interested in covering the event if we can pull it off.

Timeframe TBD--I think it might take a while to get enough volunteers lined up, plan a route, etc. I'm guessing sometime around end of summer or early fall? Any thoughts?

Back