California Rebate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Just checked the website, and it looks like California has about $3 million left in the rebate fund. Anybody have a sense of the rate of decay of that fund, and whether it will be renewed?

Well, according to the page you were presumably looking at, there have been $17M issued in FY 2012-13 and $3M remaining. Since the California State FY starts on July 1, that means an average of $17/9.6 = $1.77M/month. If it continued at the same clip, $3M would last 1.7 more months. There are 2.4 months left, so the money will probably run out some time in June. I think there will almost certainly be funds added for FY 2013-14, and the policy each year that they ran out has been to put requests they can't satisfy on a wait list, that is satisfied before they start giving funds to people who apply in the new FY. The only hitch is that it sometimes takes a few months before the new funds are approved and allocated.

My guess: If you apply in May you will get the money quickly. If you apply in June you may have to wait two to four months for it.

Ray

Back