CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
money wise. I know there is a lot of usa leafs here in Norway that haven't even had the chance to use carwings. I suspect you would have had lots of customers there. beeing able to turn on heat remotly is something I miss in my 2012 usa leaf (driven over 2 years here in Norway,Europa)
If you like, I could check with the Norway leaf forum, to see how many would like a replacement for carwings.

Quick update from personal experience because its a day before this announced change -- the web site for this still seems to work (last activity update on Carwings for my LEAF was posted Friday, 9/25; I wonder if the history will carry over?) but the smart phone app (at least on iOS) is kind of cranky, lots of 'network connection was lost' messages even though I'm in an area with pretty strong AT&T coverage but after a few tries it finally updates.

We'll see how smoothly this goes tomorrow but we've already been warned that it could 'choke' a bit during this transition and with how other major IT upgrades have gone, with this kind of scale we'll see how long it will take to work (hopefully better?); it appears at least for the smart phone app, that will run sometime into October before we might see an updated app (either in the Apple App store or otherwise).

At this time of year, I don't use it much (nice temps so no pre-cool or pre-heat needed) but would be nice if its working again before it gets cold ...

redLEAF said:
Quick update from personal experience because its a day before this announced change -- the web site for this still seems to work (last activity update on Carwings for my LEAF was posted Friday, 9/25; I wonder if the history will carry over?), but the smart phone app (at least on iOS) is kind of cranky, lots of 'network connection was lost' messages even though I'm in an area with pretty strong AT&T coverage but after a few tries it finally updates.

I have wondered the same thing: not only do I wonder if the history will carry over, but what about the Info Feeds, etc.? I had no issues with connectivity/usage this past weekend, but I use Leaf Link (not the Nissan app).

It's been almost exactly 1 year since the 'driving history' part of my CARWINGS collected (or shared with me, anyway) data. I guess as long as I can check charge status, get plug in reminders, and precondition via some app (LEAF Link preferred, or Nissan's app) I'm OK.

CarWings login currently giving me a 404 error as of 1 AM Pacific Time. I'm guessing it's so they can move everybody over to the new portal.

RonDawg said:
CarWings login currently giving me a 404 error as of 1 AM Pacific Time. I'm guessing it's so they can move everybody over to the new portal.

+1 at 5:43 AM Central; plus now the smart phone app has a message that says 'incorrect username or password. please try logging in again.' which of course means its totally dead until the new web site gets updated; would be interesting if it stays dead until a new app becomes available or if it will interface with the new site; probably won't but we'll see ...

I've tried a few times to accept the user agreements and complete the registration, but it has failed. The error message says to call EV support but I think I'll wait a little longer to see if it's just the site transitioning.

I was able to get registered, but not add the vehicle. Called them up and they said they won't be able to enter the VIN until tomorrow. :x

I live in Canada. Car wings stopped working this morning. No notice. No emails, no nothing for Nissan or mynissan.ca. Any other Canadians totally in the dark?

leafedbehind said:
..can't accept the online agreement without getting an error. System must be overwhelmed. Too many LEAF owners out there! :)
Yeah, my Leaf shows up with it's VIN and such, but I'm at the same stage, can't accept the NissanConect EV Agreement...

Close(ish). ;-)

desiv
btw, I wasn't able to login with my Carwings username. It didn't say anything other than invalid username. So I used my e-mail address and my carwings password and that took...

Despite the old tech (AT&T 2G) it was nice when it worked; coming out to a pre-heated or pre-cooled car was like the car was welcoming you ... any improvement would be welcome and perhaps worth the wait ... but, I was able to get through ... once you've registered, you'll need to punch in a new Nissan system generated PIN and password IN THE CAR so it updates ... instructions posted here:

Print these instructions to complete NissanConnectSM EV enrollment in your new Nissan LEAFSM;. You’ll need to enter the following PIN and Password in the vehicle’s navigation system when you first start the vehicle.

NissanConnectSM EV; PIN: undefined
NissanConnectSM EV; Password: undefined

Important: NissanConnectSM EV; PIN and Password are both case sensitive.

Step 1:
Turn your LEAF™ on and accept the Terms & Conditions (if required) in your navigation equipped vehicle.

Step 2:
Press the "Menu" hard button on your dash, followed by the "CARWINGS" button on your touch screen.

Step 3:
Press the "CARWINGS Settings" button on your touch screen, then select "Sign in."

Step 4:
Enter the NissanConnectSM EV PIN (User ID) and Password found above.

Please note:
You can select uppercase and lowercase letters on the touch screen keyboard in your LEAF™. PIN and Password are
case sensitive.

Step 5:
Once you have entered your PIN and Password, press "Send ID and Password."

Step 6:
After confirming permission to sign on to the account, NissanConnectSMEV will connect to the center.

Download the NissanConnectSM EV App to your smartphone, or access NissanConnectSM EV on any computer or tablet device to set the climate control, monitor driving range and state of charge.

The Apple store doesn't yet have the Nissan Connect EV app available yet, but they've mentioned that already; I'm going to try this with the PIN and password they provided me and see if it updates over lunch today as you need to do it in the car. As others have said, may take awhile but at least got through this first step; after it acknowledges in the car will see if 'old' app still works on the phone.

Thanx for the info..
redLEAF said:
I'm going to try this with the PIN and password they provided me
Who is "they"?
Were you able to accept the license agreement on the website or did you call and talk to someone on the phone?

Just wondering..

desiv

desiv said:
Thanx for the info..
redLEAF said:
I'm going to try this with the PIN and password they provided me
Who is "they"?
Were you able to accept the license agreement on the website or did you call and talk to someone on the phone?

Just wondering..

desiv

The site provided both once it acknowledged my LEAF info, no phone call ... I'm sure its an automated random number/character generator system using algorithms, etc.

redLEAF said:
The site provided both once it acknowledged my LEAF info, no phone call ... I'm sure its an automated random number/character generator system using algorithms, etc.
OK, I got in.
Logged out, and then logged back in (using Chrome instead of IE. Not sure if that matters).
Then I was able to accept the agreement.

Once accepted, the "Edit Vehicle" button shows my new PIN and Password..
Haven't gone to the car to try it out there yet...

OK, just took a break and ran out to the car to try it..
It wouldn't take the PIN password yet... (at least not for me..)

Just copied/pasted the PIN/Password so I could switch to a font that helped (0's with dots in them to make sure they aren't capital O's).
I was typing it in right (or at least trying to..)..

So either I have to wait a bit more for something to link on the backend, I really did type them in wrong (don't think so, but I work with users all day who didn't think they did something, and I'm a user.. ;-), or there's something else wrong (I need to call them or?).

I'll try again later..

desiv

I am in the same boat. It will not take my new username and pin. I tried useing both my new user name which is my old user name with my email address added at the end as well as the random numbers and letters from the welcome message.

Put in the new info in the car and tried to connect a few times but each time it failed so will have to try again on the way home from work ... now when I log-in to the Owners site and CARWINGS it shows this (even though my VIN is correct, the car side hasn't registered yet so actually this makes sense):

NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match

Your NissanConnectSM EV PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your NissanConnectSM EV PIN and Password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the NissanConnectSM EV functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

Hopefully its just a volume thing as many could be trying at the same time ... until the car registers itself with its 'new' credentials not much else to do although those with some more time on their hands may want to try the support center number as perhaps they can manually update things there (if you're able to get through!)

Back