CARWINGS changing to Nissan Connect EV - ONLINE NOW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my experience: Found the owner portal link via another message thread in the main forum, couldn't log in and had to reset my password. Once that happened, I was able to get in and accept the agreement etc. Got the new pin and password, and used them in the Leaf, which worked 1st try...

Back to the owner's portal and did a refresh, and car info updated!

Found some Nissan connect app in the IOS app store, logs in ok, but none of them showed the Leaf...
So back trying the old "nissan leaf" app and leaf link, with the new login / pw, and it worked !!!

So after about 60 min of this, I am back to where I was before.

Thanks all for the info!

dyyuan said:
Got the new pin and password, and used them in the Leaf, which worked 1st try...
What?
I hate you! And I mean that in the best possible way!
;-)

Hopefully it's timing (maybe busy or maybe they are actively converting over cars to the new system and aren't yet completed).

I'll try again around lunch time..

As for the App, I notice they mention specifically the "NissanConnect EV app" and I don't see anything with that specific name in the appstore yet...
Wonder if it's coming still....

desiv

desiv said:
dyyuan said:
Got the new pin and password, and used them in the Leaf, which worked 1st try...
What?
I hate you! And I mean that in the best possible way!
;-)

Hopefully it's timing (maybe busy or maybe they are actively converting over cars to the new system and aren't yet completed).

I'll try again around lunch time..

As for the App, I notice they mention specifically the "NissanConnect EV app" and I don't see anything with that specific name in the appstore yet...
Wonder if it's coming still....

desiv

I remember seeing a screenshot of the website saying carwings will be update to the new nissan connect ev app. They need to make this less confusing though theres 2 nissan connect apps on the playstore now and with ev there will be 3...

I was able to log in using my email (despite the notice to Leaf owners on the login page explicitly saying to log in with your old user name, which didn't work), and accept the agreement on the first try. It did not ask me to create a new username using email (again, contradicting what it explicitly says on the login page)

Will head to the car in a bit to try the PIN and Password.

As for the new app, the notice previously said the new app would be pushed automatically to users who have updates enabled, so presumably they're going to put it in the App store as an update to the existing app, not as a new app.

It's 2015 and Nissan just decides to switch things over without informing anyone. But then Carwings is so 1990s and maybe they are operating in a time warp.

Oh wait, OP says it will switch over. Just like that.

Nissan, you are completely clueless.

pjoseph said:
It's 2015 and Nissan just decides to switch things over without informing anyone. But then Carwings is so 1990s and maybe they are operating in a time warp.

Oh wait, OP says it will switch over. Just like that.

Nissan, you are completely clueless.

What a minute ... don't kill the messenger! ... this is totally on Nissan to get it right, the ONLY thing that mentions itself being 'automatic' would be if you're set to auto download your app updates and the NissanConnect EV app is available it will show up to apply it --- if you have an iOS device you can find this under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and then make sure Updates is slid to 'green' (just checked my iPhone 5s and its 'on'). At least one person who was successful has posted this update will work with the 'old' smart phone Carwings app so once my car decides it wants to register, I should be OK as well

OK, working here too!
Went back to the car around lunch time.
When I started it and went into the settings, the username and passwor were blank (probably because I had cleared it earlier and then it failed after that). I re-entered them in again and this time, it took!!!

Then I loaded the Carwings App on the iPhone and changed my username from what it was to my e-mail address and logged in.
Worked!
I did an update and it showed me my update..

So, no new app yet, but looks like i have my functionality back!
Guess it was mostly timing as they work on it..

desiv

edatoakrun said:
Looks like Nissan wiped out all driving history.
I checked and mine isn't there..
Not sure if it's gone or just hasn't been migrated yet..

I never really checked that, but I know some people did, so hopefully it is still to be migrated..

desiv

Done. Here's the summary / FAQ for those who need their hands held.

What do I have to do on the site
Sign in to https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/. Fill in the requested information and agree to the disclaimers. Click the Nissan ConnectEV tab, and make note of your credentials (pin and password).

I can't log in. It's saying username/password is incorrect.
Use your email address as the username. For me, it was rejecting my old username, but my email address worked fine.

What do I have to do in the car?
Press "Menu" button on the console to the right of the touch screen.
Touch "CARWINGS"
Touch "CARWINGS Settings"
Touch "Sign In" then enter your CARWINGS PIN and password (case sensitive)
Touch "Send ID and password" then touch "Yes"
Let it phone home. You'll get an activation successful message when complete.

My historical data is gone from both the car and website, where is it?
This is normal. We don't know if Nissan will migrate the old data, but the assumption is yes. It's presently cleared out from the car and web.

I downloaded the NissanConnect app like the site told me to do, but I can't connect to my car.
NissanConnect is not the same as NissanConnect EV. I have no idea why the site links LEAF owners to download the regular NissanConnect app- it won't work with the LEAF. Nissan will be pushing out the new app in place of the old CarWings app, so enable auto updates on CarWings and wait for it. In the meantime, CarWings app still works. If you get a bad username/password error, use your email address as the username.

I get an error saying the VIN / PIN do not match.
Tap on Reset Data. Then enter your information. Also, remember that your user ID and password are case sensitive.

I was able to enter my new user name (pin) and password and connect with Nissan. It came back with an error that the VIN in not associated with the account and to call Nissan.

DiamondDan73 said:
I was able to enter my new user name (pin) and password and connect with Nissan. It came back with an error that the VIN in not associated with the account and to call Nissan.
I got that error.
But when I went back and tried it in the car a few hours later, I was able to put my PIN/PWD in there, and it finally took it, and then the error was gone on the webpage.

So it might take a bit of time between some of the steps, but the process above is sound.. ;-)

desiv

What does connect to vehicle media center mean?

I seem to be in some kind of No Man's Land
- web page would not take old sign on. Created sign on with e-mail address
- web page does not show any vehicles, but won't let me add vehicle because vehicle already added
- web page has all my other history and settings
- old phone app won't work with old sign on,opens with new sign on. Then tells me set up is not complete
- new phone app signs on with new address, but appears disconnected
- when I try to add vehicle I see pop up that says Connect to Vehicle Media Center.
- tried to connect to USB used to load music. Got cycling trying to read USB stick.

After all that, the Carwings connection in the car still works with the old User ID.

mjblazin said:
- web page would not take old sign on. Created sign on with e-mail address
That's the same e-mail address you used for CarWings when you set it up? Created? You used the same password as your Carwings account, but just the email address to login? You shouldn't need to create an account.
mjblazin said:
- web page does not show any vehicles, but won't let me add vehicle because vehicle already added
Confused here..
You say it doesn't show any vehicles, but then said vehicle is already added?
You should see your vehicle info (VIN, etc) on the webpage.
If you don't, it doesn't sound like you have your e-mail linked to your car/account. If you created an account above, that might be the problem. If it's the same e-mail address that you used for Carwings, that's wrong and you probably will have to call them.
If it's a different e-mail account, try logging in with the e-mail tied to your Carwings account, and then your Carwings password.
mjblazin said:
- web page has all my other history and settings
Not totally sure what you mean by "history", but yes, it should have your car info and basic settings.
But if it doesn't have your car, I'm not sure how it can have your history and settings?
mjblazin said:
- old phone app won't work with old sign on,opens with new sign on. Then tells me set up is not complete
Correct, setup is not complete.
It sounds like there's an account issue still, but once that is done, there is still more..
You still have to go to your car and follow the steps in kubel's excellent post above...
Once the car registers/logs in, then you should be good..

desiv

DiamondDan73 said:
Now when I "send my ID and password" it comes back with to use carwings service, you need to create an account.
Probably do just need to wait.. (I hate waiting.. )
Just for clarity, the "ID and password" you mention are the PIN (for user) and password you got once you logged into the new website and accepted the terms of agreement?

desiv

Back