COLOR CHOICE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walter

I am so glad I chose Cayenne red for my Leaf, it's like having a new car every time I drive it. The car seems to change colors right in front of your eyes. One minute it's red and then it's bronze. Sometimes it appears to be a shade of cinnamon and then it's gold. I never know what to expect or look for when I come out of the store. What a great color and the metal flake is the best I've seen in years. Thank you Nissan................ :D

I was parked t the Post Office in my Blue LEAF when an elderly woman commented how she liked the color. Thank you. When I mentioned the car is a Nissan LEAF. Nothing registered - she had no idea what a LEAF is. I mentioned it is an electric vehicle - doesn't need gasoline, runs solely on battery power. Still nothing resonated with her. Perhaps she was color blinded by the blue.

walter said:
I am so glad I chose Cayenne red for my Leaf, it's like having a new car every time I drive it. The car seems to change colors right in front of your eyes. One minute it's red and then it's bronze. Sometimes it appears to be a shade of cinnamon and then it's gold. I never know what to expect or look for when I come out of the store. What a great color and the metal flake is the best I've seen in years. Thank you Nissan................ :D

Another +1 for red, the Cayenne red is very similar to a shade of red I've seen on a late model Porsche 911. We had a sunny day today and the paint shines brilliantly ... Very happy with it. What's interesting though is that the 'marker' I use to find it in a full lot is not the color but that distinctive blue antenna tip (although that only works when not blocked by SUV's)!

We had missed getting a Cayenne Red orphan via phone by 15mins :(
but we got a Super Black one that our family really likes :D
(Ok for the climate we live in and the color is less common. :) )
Just Zaino'd it this weekend for the first time. Feel a little better that is finally done.
When we got our Prius, we thought the paint on that was thin. It's even thinner on the LEAF!

I have a silver because when I ordered (July 2011), the Nissan ordering website claimed that red and blue would add months to the production. I do wish I'd gotten a red. Oh well.

We love the blue. We get lots of nice comments on it. I like the metallic highlights and the color stays clean looking very nicely. I do admire the red, especially the way it changes color in different lights, but I have zero regrets about the blue. No offense to anyone's choices, but my wife is just glad that we got "a color" for a change, instead of black, grey, white, or silver, like almost every car you see out there.

Almost 4 months after picking the blue, i too admit that i like the red better. It sure would be cool to see various hues at different times of the day.

The blue is still a head turner. Almost too conspicuous to make me startled. Previously, we have always bought the neutral colors (listed above).

A red Leaf. Just what i need to complete my mid-life crisis :D

I was toying with a super black Leaf, alas....I have a super black 2005 T-Bird and dust clothes too numerous to mention. What is it they say..........variety is the spice of life, no exception with the Leaf :lol:

linkim said:
When I mentioned the car is a Nissan LEAF. Nothing registered - she had no idea what a LEAF is. I mentioned it is an electric vehicle - doesn't need gasoline, runs solely on battery power. Still nothing resonated with her. Perhaps she was color blinded by the blue.

Next time mention that it never visits a gas station, it charges at home like a cell phone.

Back