Confimed Appearence at Auto Shows?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virg012

Most of us are in a similiar situation - Never test drove a Leaf but intend to purchase/lease. I do believe the handling and ride will be different a but would love to actually SIT in a Leaf. I'm 6'2 and want to make sure the interior specs are within my acceptable limit. We could follow the Nissan tour and see the car that way but it would also be nice to see this at a car show, hopefully not behind some velvet ropes or on top of a stage.

So, for those of you in the know, will the Leaf be at any upcoming auto shows where it can be touched by human hands?

I'm not sure if you read the topics on the LA Auto Show, but we were very disappointed that the only LEAF there was behind ropes and you couldn't touch it. It was apparently more of a pre-production model than the ones currently out on the drive tour, and Nissan didn't want anyone sitting in it.

Given that the LA show is considered second only to Detroit in terms of prominence among US auto shows, and given that LA is smack in the middle of the green revolution and an early market for the LEAF, this was an astounding omission.

We have no way to know Nissan's plans for bringing production cars to auto shows that they'll let people sit in. Obviously, they'll do that at some point, but my guess is that it'll be a few months down the road, considering that the dealers won't get demonstrator cars until what was it, April 2011?

virg012 said:
Most of us are in a similiar situation - Never test drove a Leaf but intend to purchase/lease. I do believe the handling and ride will be different a but would love to actually SIT in a Leaf. I'm 6'2 and want to make sure the interior specs are within my acceptable limit. We could follow the Nissan tour and see the car that way but it would also be nice to see this at a car show, hopefully not behind some velvet ropes or on top of a stage.

So, for those of you in the know, will the Leaf be at any upcoming auto shows where it can be touched by human hands?

Just to reassure you on the fit issue, I am 6'3" and I fit in the car fine both for legroom and headroom.

So, for those of you in the know, will the Leaf be at any upcoming auto shows where it can be touched by human hands?[/quote]

Just to reassure you on the fit issue, I am 6'3" and I fit in the car fine both for legroom and headroom.[/quote]

Thanks for the reassurance. Comfortable fit or fit if I tilt my neck forward, take short breaths........

Fit depends drastically upon your body's proportions, not just total height. One 6' 5" guy (with long legs) fit in fine. My 6' 2" body only had 1" headroom in the all-down, full-back driver's seat. Another guy with big, long legs had trouble with knee space. Still others report being too short. My wife needed to be far forward (which is also higher) for her feet to reach the pedals.

If there was a different model Nissan with essentially identical driver-seating dimensions, that would be helpful.

Most likely, the seat rail can be moved up, but probably not down. Has anybody looked at the seat-mounting details in the LEAF?
In other similar Nissan models?

Back