Delivery date - 01/05/11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While waiting for my turn at bat (EV Project Installation Date)
I decided to ask about relocating the EVSE to an alternate location.
Ecotality contacted me quickly, had the electrician contact me and inside of a few hours, I was all set

The old location is shown in these two pics (to the right of the sink)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57087921@N06/5300899457/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57087921@N06/5301495494/in/photostream/

The new location is shown in these two pics (with life size photo)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57087921@N06/5301495858/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57087921@N06/5300900665/in/photostream/

The new location will not require stepping over the cord while the LEAF is charging.

Also, no additional cost for the new location (included in standard EV Project allowed amount).

Silverleaf, how far from your electrical panel is the installation and will they leave you with exposed conduit inside the garage as well as outside?

Silverleaf, how far from your electrical panel is the installation and will they leave you with exposed conduit inside the garage as well as outside?

It's approximately 36 feet (27 feet across and 9 feet in front to back).

Yes, there will be exposed conduit outside up into the attic and inside down to the EVSE.

I will just paint the conduit from the attic to the EVSE to match the wall.

Outside is consistent with other gas, electric and water conduit. Inside is just a short drop.

Wow your garage looks almost like mine ,same cabinets and sink ..We have the cabinets covering both sides of the garage except for a 18" openin on one wall ...I hope the blink will fit in there...

OT: How does one get onto Dashboard? There is no link from my Nissan Account to Dashboard.

Also: What is EV Project and how do I get onto it?

Also: What is the 'e' in SL-e mean?

Thanks in advance.

Interleaf said:
OT: How does one get onto Dashboard? There is no link from my Nissan Account to Dashboard.

It's our own terminology, carried over from what dealers see when they look at our account. All it means is your nissan-usa account for the LEAF

Interleaf said:
Also: What is EV Project and how do I get onto it?

You can't....it's a done deal as far as choosing participants.

Interleaf said:
Also: What is the 'e' in SL-e mean?

The "e" means that a SL will receive the Quick Charge port free, as part of the EV project.

Thanks Michael.

Being in So. Calif, can I assume that I am on EV Project and getting an L3 port?

If not, how do I find out if I am EV Project, and if I am not, can my dealer make me EV Project?
:?:

I inquired about getting into the EV Project not too long ago and was told that if you have already placed an order, it's too late. I'm also a renter which disqualified me but I wanted to double-check since I had sign-off from my property owner.

When you put your $99 down you had a button at the bottom of the screen to do a survey for the EV project. I would log back in to Nissan web site and go to theevproject.com web site and apply. I would also call the Nissan online chat phone number and ask about it. It is worth you efforts to save a few 1,000 bucks

Jimmydreams said:
Interleaf said:
Thanks Michael.

Being in So. Calif, can I assume that I am on EV Project and getting an L3 port?

If not, how do I find out if I am EV Project, and if I am not, can my dealer make me EV Project?
:?:

To be a SoCal resident eligible in the EV project, you need to be in the cities of:

San Diego
Los Angeles

And I know that for LA the EV project is full - I talked with the guy no more than three weeks ago.

165531_492146009843_704969843_5786857_4624909_n.jpg

Just got a call from my dealer (Mark at Connell Nissan) saying that our car is at the dealership and will be ready for us to pick up tomorrow! :)

My dashboard says 'week of January 13, 2011'

Back