Does 2013 LEAF Lock/Unlock button light up?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquahmonk

Quick question: Does your lock/unlock botton light up when your headlight is on?

On my 2013 LEAF it doesn't light up on driver and passenger side
while the window and power mirror switch lights up.
Thanks

On my 2013 sl it does not light up at all .. The window and the mirror control does light up a orange color.. In the dark its a poor design. My passengers and myself just wildly poke in the dark until the right button is found... In a emergency your screwed. The door handles don't even over ride the locks .. The 2012 murrono i got for a loaner had the same buttons but had illumination.

I wonder if the 2012 leafs had door lock button illumination also ...

Sorry it took me this long to reply ..

I'm sure all it would need is a jumper wire to get it to light up if it has the bulbs already .

Hah, I was about to complain to the dealer about this. Those buttons look like they're supposed to be lit.

I decided to take apart the drivers side switches and see what is up with the button illumination.

The good news:

The circuitry and the lock button supports being illuminated.

The bad news:

Like just about all modern button illumination it uses a surfaced mounted LED. Normally that's not that big of a deal but the LED that fits the circuit board are so small that they are almost invisible. I think it measures .5mm x 1mm

Back