End of HOV Lane for Hybrids; More Room for Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mogur said:
This would never fly. Remember that the primary idea behind the HOV lanes is to cut emissions. Reducing congestion and travel times is a secondary consideration.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i think they should toss personal vehicles out of the HOV lanes and allow commercial only vehicles designed for maintenance/delivery (no taxis) roles. this impacts the service company's bottom line directly. i know a package driver for a company that supports USPS and he gets paid big OT because he estimates that traffic adds 2-3 hours to every day of work.

so, not allowing large 8 mpg diesel truck to move freely thru traffic instead of spending significantly more time, speeding up and slowing down is not reducing emissions?

sounds like you have not been stuck behind one of them with your windows open before

Nope, all my vehicles have microfilters and I use recirculate with the windows closed. Takes care of that nasty diesel smell very nicely.
I rarely ever drive with the windows open in traffic. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I have even used the sunroof, other than to ventilate when parked...

And no, I would not allow big diesel trucks to use the car pool lane. I don't believe that the current federal code would allow it either. Having then cut back and forth across traffic to get in and out of the lane is a recipe for trouble...

DaveinOlyWA said:
So, not allowing large 8 mpg diesel truck to move freely thru traffic instead of spending significantly more time, speeding up and slowing down is not reducing emissions?

sounds like you have not been stuck behind one of them with your windows open before

actually i prefer a commercial vehicle ONLY lane. put it on the right if that is better for you. that will make merging into traffic real scary for many drivers.

ya, that will definitely reduce freeway traffic for sure!

Back