End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
If you extend a lease, do you lose the $500 waiver on excess wear and tear? I got a card in the mail saying it expires 30 days after the original lease end.

prob not. you have 30 days after turning in LEAF to get another and maintain that waiver. remember you only get the $500 off wear and tear if you lease a new Nissan

I'm fairly sure the damage waiver applies to any officially extended lease. Many of these extensions are for the express purpose of enabling a new Nissan lease.

For a buy-out, is it fair to ask for the wholesale price + the $300 buy-out fee + TTL? Instead of negotiating down from the residual - discount, that is...

ObiQuiet said:
For a buy-out, is it fair to ask for the wholesale price + the $300 buy-out fee + TTL? Instead of negotiating down from the residual - discount, that is...

Absolutely, I would.

I probably won't negotiate from the residual then down. Because we all have different residual value based on the lease payment.

I think a more fair way to negotiate from everyone's perspective is what is the current value of the car? Because in 3 months time that current value may change again.

sonnylax said:
Bufordleaf said:
Gearscout said:
Who is eligible for this rebate? It says Clean Cities Georgia Stakeholders. Who is that?

Haven't been able to find the answer to that question. But it has been all over Twitter and other public sources, so I'm assuming Nissan would take "I live in Georgia" as proof of being a stakeholder. It appears to me they are pretty desperate to sell cars right now.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
If you extend a lease, do you lose the $500 waiver on excess wear and tear? I got a card in the mail saying it expires 30 days after the original lease end.
I extended the lease on my 2013. When I later turned it in and leased a new vehicle, I was given the $500 damage waiver and a waiver of the $395 lease disposition fee, as well as a $1000 loyalty award. You certainly get treated better if you buy or lease your next vehicle from Nissan. ;)

Thanks for the info. My lease is up in August and extending for a couple months may turn out to be my best option if they ever give a more definitive clue on when the gen 2 will show up.

sonnylax said:
How would one determine the current Wholesale price?

What is TTL?
Tax, Tag, Title, L ??

Wholesale, roughly the trade-in amount. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19362

Tax, Title, License -- tax being the big one. When quoted a price, it's nice to know if that's with or without tax.

Just received the $8k off residual offer for my 2014 Leaf. Definitely double check with multiple dealers, as it took my 5th dealer to get this option. Most dealers were offering me discounts of $5500-6400 off.

Lease deals on 2016 are going super cheap though. Strongly considering leasing another one from my original dealer. He is offering $0 down (except 1st month payment) and $240 per month for an SV trim

Iubball said:
Just received the $8k off residual offer for my 2014 Leaf. Definitely double check with multiple dealers, as it took my 5th dealer to get this option. Most dealers were offering me discounts of $5500-6400 off.

Lease deals on 2016 are going super cheap though. Strongly considering leasing another one from my original dealer. He is offering $0 down (except 1st month payment) and $240 per month for an SV trim

that is what happened to me too.. was called by the dealership we got the lease through and was told nissan was offering $5000 and then I called around and was told it was $8000 by someone who was honest enough.

I wasn't going to buy my 2015S unless I could get it for similar prices that they were selling for on the lots. ended up with a price of $8600 plus taxes, reg etc etc. so about $9700 out the door, on the road, 'show me the money and it's yours' kinda thing.

Thanks to everyone that has been posting on this thread.

I am in Atlanta and have a 2014 SV on 3 year lease that was coming due in June. I was able to get $6,500 buy down from Nalley Nissan, which brought the lease buyout down to $8,275 before dealer fees, TTL, and GA TAVT. They seemed pretty motivated, as it was end of the month.

I have a Tesla Model 3 reserved, but us East Coasters may be waiting a while for deliveries to start. So I was motivated to keep the Leaf as a bridge until Tesla delivers, and then my teenage daughter can drive it.

So between lease payments, lease purchase, and GA tax rebate, the Leaf only cost me $14,205.

CaptainScavo said:

I am in Atlanta and have a 2014 SV on 3 year lease that was coming due in June. I was able to get $6,500 buy down from Nalley Nissan, which brought the lease buyout down to $8,275 before dealer fees, TTL, and GA TAVT.

I have a Tesla Model 3 reserved, but no idea when that will actually be ready. So I was motivated to keep the Leaf.

So between lease payments, lease purchase, and GA tax rebate, the Leaf only cost me $14,205.

I'm in Atlanta too. About to play the email game with several dealers.....

Can you spell out all your fees upon your recent purchase?

Did you negotiate via e-mail? If so, can you share your email script?

thanks

sonnylax said:
CaptainScavo said:

I am in Atlanta and have a 2014 SV on 3 year lease that was coming due in June. I was able to get $6,500 buy down from Nalley Nissan, which brought the lease buyout down to $8,275 before dealer fees, TTL, and GA TAVT.

I have a Tesla Model 3 reserved, but no idea when that will actually be ready. So I was motivated to keep the Leaf.

I'm in Atlanta too. About to play the email game with several dealers.....

thanks
I would call each one and get their email address. I would then send them this in the email.
details:
VIN: 1N4AZ0CP3FCXXXXXX
Year 2015
Model S
Color: White
Miles 25,650
Lease balance: $16.426.16
maturity date: 4/14/2016

I see used Nissan Leafs of similar age and miles for less than $X,000

I am willing to process the financing through you and I am ready to buy today. call me 385.xxx.xxx

they get commissions on financing too, usually up to $250.

Get the "on the road' or 'out the door' price including sales taxes, registration and dealer fees.

sonnylax said:

thanks
PMed you the breakdown.

I emailed 4 ATL dealers using the Contact Us form on their website and requested contact via email.
Only Nalley emailed back. Some dealers called me, which I ignored.

You will need to supply your VIN number for them to get payoff and buydown info from Nissan.

Having to pay TAVT again really stinks, but you can thank your local GA legislator for that. Dealer claimed the $200 electric tax will cover all 2017 and you won't be billed again until 2018. We will see.

kkb said:
I e-mailed all the local (Atlanta) dealers about a buyout of my 2015 SV expiring this month. Offers varied greatly, but I took one for $9000, more than $7300 off my reserve of $16,326. I had to pay a $699 processing fee and finance.

I didn't have to pay the $200 Georgia EV fee when I bought out the lease in December. It seems that many others have reported that they had to pay it before their birthdays when purchasing.

remember, it's the last day of the month. if you are thinking about buying out your lease, today is a good time. contact as many dealers as you can and don't wait on any to "come back to you". I'm still "waiting" to hear back from two of them.

Back