EV Connect vs Nissan Connect - free for life?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doanster1

My ‘21 SV is ~6mos old so am getting the reminder emails about re-upping the Nissan Connect Premium plan. All I’ve ever used from day one was the EV Connect and have never gotten anything about future costs/charges so am wondering if it’s free since it’s Leaf (and impending Ariya) specific?
Why would anyone here use the normal Nissan Connect?

Doanster1 said:
My ‘21 SV is ~6mos old so am getting the reminder emails about re-upping the Nissan Connect Premium plan. All I’ve ever used from day one was the EV Connect and have never gotten anything about future costs/charges so am wondering if it’s free since it’s Leaf (and impending Ariya) specific?
Why would anyone here use the normal Nissan Connect?

I've never had to pay for the basic EV Connect services since 2013, but that only covers Checking Charge Level, turn On/Off Climate Control, etc. You get charged extra if you want the door lock/unlock features, valet, GPS speed tracking, etc.

Thanks. Perhaps I’ll have to call the renewal number and ask directly because the email was solely about Nissan Connect, not EV.

Doanster1 said:
Thanks. Perhaps I’ll have to call the renewal number and ask directly because the email was solely about Nissan Connect, not EV.
Nissan Connect is the service for Nissan vehicles. You use the EV app because you have a Leaf. Your premium trial ended at 6 months. You have to pay $8/m if you want to keep the extra features. My Premium features also ended but I don't use it so I'm fine with the free features.

Triggerhappy007 said:
Doanster1 said:
Nissan Connect is the service for Nissan vehicles. You use the EV app because you have a Leaf. Your premium trial ended at 6 months. You have to pay $8/m if you want to keep the extra features. My Premium features also ended but I don't use it so I'm fine with the free features.

Thanks. From Nissan’s website, looks like even the standard pkg is free for three years for us. Then we have to re-up.

AFAIK, the remote climate control and charging access are free for life. For $8 a month you get the ability to lock/unlock the doors remotely, and maybe sound the horn...

Back