Ever notice that missing clamp on the a/c hose?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

It's easy to see. on the right side of the car. Under the hood. up near where you hook the servicing hoses up to the high pressure (small) line. there's a tab of the body with threads in it, and the hose has a nice rubber grommet right by the tab where a clamp should be. But no clamp. Plus the hose is too high above the tab for a clamp to work without incorporating a spacer. Apparently it's supposed to be missing because I drove back to the dealer all in a huff wanting to talk to service about the missing clamp (I just had my ac high pressure line changed for the second time). But I thought it would be wise to check under the hood of a new car first. It was missing too! So I just went home without bugging them. I looked at the whole installation, and it looks like it's support system is just barely adequate. Hope that ac line doesn't break again. They said they incorporated a new hose put out by a service bulletin this time so it shouldn't break again. I'd feel better if It was supported better, but I'm not putting a clamp there. Maybe they decided it was better off without it.

Back