Fee ChargePass Cards Thru April, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
turbo2ltr said:
So I registered on that page, and I clicked the "confirmation" link in the email they sent and it just brought me to the main portal page. Do I have to now create an account so I can sign in? Or have I done enough to be sent the card?
You'll still need to create an account and when you receive your card, you'll enter it into your account to activate it. Same with the cards they hand out at events...

The problem is, when you try to create an account you have to choose either to buy a new card, or register an existing card. Since I don't want to pay for another card, and I don't have my "free" card yet, I can't choose either one. If you bail out at that point, your account is not created. So I THINK that we have to wait for our free card to come in the mail, THEN we can sign up for an account.

It would be nice if they explained that in some way, though.

Other than the local Nissan dealer, who MIGHT make an L2 charger available, I don't expect to see any L2 charge stations within 100 miles of me any time in the reasonable future.

And for those of you who paid $10 before they started giving the cards away free, take consolation that it's common for things to go on sale or have their prices dropped, and if you bought before the price dropped you are just out of luck. Ten bucks isn't all that much, either. Have pity on those of us who ordered Sept / Oct and have now been bumped back to July due to the "computer glitch" resulting from incompetent programming.

Got mine in the mail today! I just had to go to the website, create an account and then put in the card number to activate it. I just did the free option for now since all the ones in Oregon are free so far.

Can y'all help to confirm that you don't need to own a LEAF yet (i.e. VIN or some other proof of purchase info) to complete the registration pages here?

http://www.mychargepoint.net/earthday/

I was planning to just put in an arbitary April date for the purchase date field.

Thanks!

mxp said:
Can y'all help to confirm that you don't need to own a LEAF yet (i.e. VIN or some other proof of purchase info) to complete the registration pages here?

I was planning to just put in an arbitary April date for the purchase date field.

Thanks!
I entered the "week of date" (April 18) from my dashboard and it seemed to accept it just fine.

mxp said:

When I got my free one over the phone, they never even asked. Also, I see the form is perfectly happy to let you select future dates for the next 30+ years, so I'd say, don't worry.

Has anyone successfully registered multiple cards for the same car? Any problems doing this?

The idea is so the wife has email/text messages going to her phone when she has the car.

Hope to find out soon. I want one card each for both drivers in case we r not together.

As far as cost. I bought one getting one so $5 each. I can live with that

ChargePoint applied a credit for my card purchase price. I just emailed them and politely asked if they would match their current offer.

One one CP account (where use is tracked or billed), one can have multiple cards, the "free-only" type cards and/or for "all-stations".

I just got a second card (for my wife), and added that card to my existing account (still "free" only).

CP shipped me a keychain card and a full card ... they both have different numbers. I registered them both without any issue. I haven't been able to use either, nor are there many pay stations even if i could.

Back