Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LTLFTcomposite said:
BrainDonor said:
evenoelle said:
Ok - here is the information I got...I had specifically asked if our little group could use their chargers since I already had range anxiety for BrainDonor :D
Thanks, Eve. From my house to the Convention Center is 70 (mostly highway) miles, and if I have to drop off the kids it's another 10 miles on top of that. I will definitely need L3 to get back! ;-)

I haven't mapquested it but if it's 70 for you it has to be at least 60 for me. I could make that but I'd need a full charge while was there... and I don't have the L3 port on my SV, remember I was the cheapskate :) Does their monster carnival generator truck only have L3 chargers, or L2 as well?

I recall that there were at the last event but I will email the marketing company to make sure!

Here's the e-mail regarding the L2 chargers...

"Yes we have L2 chargers available as well. Please work with our event staff and they will be sure everyone gets a charge for their ride home."

Here's who is coming so far...
BrainDonor
evenoelle
spike09
LTLFTcomposite?

Anyone else? Brightonuk? N1ghtrider? Weatherman? keydiver?

Okay, I can attend. The event is 3 days, right? (Sorry I did not read the earlier posts.) I can probably make it on Friday night and/or Saturday. Should we all go at the same time or stagger our appearances to make sure there are some real owners there for a good bit of the time? Whoever is coordinating, let me know when I am needed/wanted, and how I can RSVP to Nissan. Thanks.

I think I'll have to defer to the rest of you to represent S FL Leafers. Aside from my wimpyness to make a trip of 50+ miles one way at highway speed requiring a good 4 hours or so of charging without being 100% sure there is a nozzle waiting there for me, I should probably get caught up on some other things that weekend.

evenoelle said:
Did everyone get the e-mail invite from Nissan?
Eve, I communicated with now7grandkids and he received the email tonight. Looks like the emails are going out "randomly" as I have not received mine yet. BTW, now7grandkids is thinking of attending; we may caravan from up here!

As for planning when to get there (N1ghtrider's question), it may be good to have some staggered representation. One concern I have is that Saturday at 3 may not be that busy, the thought being that those who really want to see the car would plan to be there earlier. However, we should definitely overlap our times so we get to meet and talk to each other, too. ;-) I will plan to be there about 2-3 hours as I have to make it back to Lake Worth.

Looks like South Florida LEAF demand needs a little kick, that the Drive Electric Tour might provide.

For all the Maroone Nissan dealers, there are no pending arrivals, and one, lonely orphan in stock up at Delray. Weston Nissan now has three orphans, including mine (which they've had on their lot, now, for 48 days).

Weatherman said:
Looks like South Florida LEAF demand needs a little kick, that the Drive Electric Tour might provide.

For all the Maroone Nissan dealers, there are no pending arrivals, and one, lonely orphan in stock up at Delray. Weston Nissan now has three orphans, including mine (which they've had on their lot, now, for 48 days).

Hearing things like this makes me glad I leased. Instead of buying out the lease at the end there could be some bargains in 2-3 years if this whole thing turns out to be a big flop.

N1ghtrider said:
Okay, I can attend. The event is 3 days, right? (Sorry I did not read the earlier posts.) I can probably make it on Friday night and/or Saturday. Should we all go at the same time or stagger our appearances to make sure there are some real owners there for a good bit of the time? Whoever is coordinating, let me know when I am needed/wanted, and how I can RSVP to Nissan. Thanks.
I plan to attend Friday and again on Saturday. Anyone up for Sunday as well?

FYI: Just stopped by the Orlando Drive Event at the Florida Mall and got my free t-shirt and 480v quick charge. I'm assuming they'll have the same in South Florida.
They had to turn the 480v on for me but it was cool to finally get to use my quick charge port.

I talked to a guy that was checking out my Leaf and gave him all my range details. He was mostly interested in price and said the car was an easy sell for him since he's from Iceland where fuel costs are the equivalent of $8 - $9 an hour.
He mentioned only driving 30 - 50 miles a day max so I told him he'd be fine for the most part, even with cold weather.

njN9Q.jpg

I know the Leaf owners outside Florida is going to say that we have the advantage with our weather and flat land, but I am still proud to say that tonight I beat my own record by reaching 130 miles (209.4 km) on a single charge. It took me 4 days of driving my usual crosstown trips in city traffic. The temps were 65 to 75 degrees so I did not use climate control. I did not go on interstate.

I averaged 6.4 m/kwh. I hit low batt at 105.8 miles (when GOM showed 13 miles left), and VLB at 121 miles.
2094kilometersonsinglecharge.jpg

Any Orlando owners or Kissimmee? .....I see Orlando has a decent infrastructure. Was wondering how you guys been holding out? Very intrested in getting one!

rblover69 said:
Any Orlando owners or Kissimmee? .....I see Orlando has a decent infrastructure. Was wondering how you guys been holding out? Very intrested in getting one!

I'm an Orlando owner and loving the Leaf so far. I drive 62 miles roundtrip in from Clermont everyday and haven't had a problem yet. I've charged up at the Florida mall a few times but the charger is in a crappy location near the cab stand there so a lot of times the cab/vans decide they deserve the spot :(

I'd still like to see more stations around at more useful locations. I've charged at a Walgreens near International Drive and a Buffalo Wild Wings but most were merely to say I did it. Hardly get any extra miles. But outside of a movie theater or grocery store where I'm likely to spend more time would be perfect.

I'm trying to get one installed at my work off of John Young Parkway but it's taking a while.

Also, after getting a taste of the quick charge at the Leaf Drive Event I'm hoping a Nissan dealer nearby gets one so I can at least hit them up once in a while.

Back