Gas at 67 cents a gallon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
It is not really fair to compare Leaf to my ten year old F150 at 15 mpg.
Very different vehicles.

There are two steps. First an economy savings from Leaf being a smaller vehicle and second is the savings from using electric.

Exactly, that was a key point in the comparison. The Leaf is (sorta) like having a Versa and your own private gas station that dispenses gas at 84 cents (or whatever) a gallon. But you need to be content driving a Versa, because that's the only car your private 84 cent gas station is only compatible with.

The question remains, when Nissan comes out with the EV version of the Armada, does the 84 cent gas comparison hold? I think it does, assuming the ICE Armada uses 3X as much gas as the Versa and the EV Armada uses 3X as much electricity per mile as the Leaf.

The Leaf is probably the only car where you can make money by getting the standard mileage reimbursement. That's without something like the CA state rebate.

LTLFTcomposite said:
The Leaf is (sorta) like having a Versa ..
Leaf is mid-size and Versa is a sub-compact.

Best ICE comparison for Leaf is Mazda 3 with 24/33mpg rating.

SanDust said:
The Leaf is probably the only car where you can make money by getting the standard mileage reimbursement. That's without something like the CA state rebate.
Nope. My diesel VW has paid for itself twice over after business mileage deductions.

The Leaf will be better but I don't care - I'm happy that the ~30,000 mile years are behind me. :lol:

Back