Group Buy for 240v home charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gte037p

I just got my leaf and am together a group buy for the 240v charges from ClipperCreek ClipperCreek LCS-25.

http://www.metroplugin.com/shop/clippercreek-lcs-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would need to have at least 6 buyers by this coming Monday to get a good wholesale discount on these units which will contain the wall hanging clip.

If you are interested, please PM me with the following:
Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Method of payment (will be discounted if paid with bank draft or cashier's check):
Quantity:
Pickup or ship?:
Address:

Once I have at least 6 buyers, I can send you the price which will be well below the listed price. If you can pick up the cable in North Atlanta (OTP) then there would be even more room for discount.

I think you would get more responses if you could post a price, or post on other EV forums, since most EVs use the SAE J1772 standard. I might be interested myself, but can't tell how close to your goal you are so far ;)

Around $400 I would definitely be interested as well, that's for sure.

Hi All,

Group Buy Sound good to me as well. This is my first post. I just bought my 2013 SL today and the 110V charger is not going to cut it.

But I am new Here and so are you, I really don't want to send you $400, If we are paying the manufacturer directly then I'll be interested.

How Is this Unit Rated?, Today the Dealer told me $2000 for theirs, I found a GE for $850. My neighbor things he can get the GE for $600 and I was pretty happy. But if we can get this unit for $400 I'll pay tomorrow if I have to but I don't know anything about this unit.

I was going to start my research tonight.

TIA,

Lasareath

I want to clarify a couple things.

1) I can't disclose the price because that would create some legal issues for the seller.
2) I will work out with the seller how payment and shipping will be handled.
3) NOTE: This is a 20amp cable. That means that if you have a 6.6KW charger, this cable will max out at 4.8KW. This is somewhat equivalent to the EVSE Upgrade cable. The actual cost of the EVSE upgrade is the cable + the EVSE modification. The price of this cable will be less than $595 total.
4) If you want to be included on this group buy, please send me the details as requested in the first post and I will follow up with you with the final details.

Thanks! I love saving money and, with some motivation, I am going to be getting this cable along with a group of money-saving folks!

We have 11 buyers so far. We won't be able to finalize the pricing until tomorrow due to Earth Day events. If you want to get in on this deal, please PM me.

RegGuheert said:
gte037p said:
The actual cost of the EVSE upgrade is the cable + the EVSE modification.
Sure, except for the fact that if you bought a LEAF, the EVSE that you need to modify came with the car.

The value here is for those of us who leased one.

RegGuheert said:
gte037p said:
The actual cost of the EVSE upgrade is the cable + the EVSE modification.
Sure, except for the fact that if you bought a LEAF, the EVSE that you need to modify came with the car.
Getting another EVSE has its advantages.

With the EVSE upgrade, by the time you upgrade to be able to charge at 20A/240V as well as maintaining the ability to charge at 120V (extra cable needed), you are looking at about $350 after accounting for two-way shipping.

This Clipper EVSE is $595 with free shipping; with more discounts if you join the group buy. You have two EVSEs (a spare if you wish) -- you can leave the Clipper in the garage and the other in the car.

gte037p said:
I just got my leaf and am together a group buy for the 240v charges from ClipperCreek ClipperCreek LCS-25.

http://www.metroplugin.com/shop/clippercreek-lcs-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would need to have at least 6 buyers by this coming Monday to get a good wholesale discount on these units which will contain the wall hanging clip.

If you are interested, please PM me with the following:
Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Method of payment (will be discounted if paid with bank draft or cashier's check):
Quantity:
Pickup or ship?:
Address:

Once I have at least 6 buyers, I can send you the price which will be well below the listed price. If you can pick up the cable in North Atlanta (OTP) then there would be even more room for discount.
I've been interested in getting the Clipper Creek for some time. I have several locations around my area that would be useful to have L2 charging. Since I'm out in the sticks, I don't see anyone else putting in these stations since they won't make any money. I'm seriously considering buying at least three, maybe as many as five, if the price is right. My biggest problem right now is getting each site's agreement to cost share (e.g., pay for installation/permit) and maintain the unit. So you can tentatively put me down for several. However, I don't trust sending you any contact information or payments. Sorry, nothing personal, you may be a very trustworthy person, but I just don't pass out that information. It's just too much risk. Also, this will have to be a long-term offer. There are so few EVs in this area, I'm having a hard time convincing people that charging stations are needed. It may take me months (although it feels like years) to get people on board.

Well, I am working out the details of the group buy, but it will be a bulk purchase tomorrow and after tomorrow you can contact MetroPlugin directly. Do you want one to order one with us tomorrow?

Perhaps potential buyers, who were "interested" and PM'd you?
My own interest level depends upon the price you come up with.
However, I wish you good negotiating, and await your news.

garygid said:
Perhaps potential buyers, who were "interested" and PM'd you?
My own interest level depends upon the price you come up with.
However, I wish you good negotiating, and await your news.

The seller assured me today that this is a one time group-by deal. After this deal, the price will be as advertised (which is already a fairly good price compared to the competition).
If you want to be in on this, PM me with your details and you can get in on this deal. $595 is ok, but a bit high for me which is why I put this group-buy together, but I am not looking to rip off the seller, I know his costs are high and they still need to make some money.

gte037p said:
The seller assured me today that this is a one time group-by deal. After this deal, the price will be as advertised (which is already a fairly good price compared to the competition).
That's the same price that Clipper Creek is selling them for. It's a special deal, but it's been that price for the last 2m. http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/ClipperCreekInc/StoreFront.bok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back