Group Buy for 240v ClipperCreek LCS-25 less than $595

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gte037p

I don't know where the best place to post this, but I figure that people coming to the EVSE board would probably be interested in a group buy.

http://www.metroplugin.com/shop/clippercreek-lcs-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ClipperCreek LCS-25
240v charger

I would need to have at least 6 buyers by this coming Monday to get a good wholesale discount on these units which will contain the wall hanging clip.

If you are interested, please PM me with the following:
Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Method of payment (will be discounted if paid with bank draft or cashier's check):
Quantity:
Pickup or ship?:
Address:

Once I have at least 6 buyers, I can send you the price which will be well below the listed price. If you can pick up the cable in North Atlanta (OTP) then there would be even more room for discount.

Why would someone want to buy a charging dock that doesn't support the full charging capability of a 2013 Leaf with 6.6 Kw (or 6)? The LCS-25 is limited to about 5 kw. Even if one is going with a 3.3 kw Leaf now, I would want to future-proof by getting a charging dock that will support the higher charging level. Am I missing something?

I am still learning. I just took possession of my Leaf two days ago. The alternative lower price solutions all seem to be limited to 5kw like those offered by EVSE upgrade.

This unit is just more affordable. I do not know exact charge times on this charger. Does anyone else know? The manual says 4-7 hours depending on charger?

gte037p said:
I am still learning. I just took possession of my Leaf two days ago. The alternative lower price solutions all seem to be limited to 5kw like those offered by EVSE upgrade.

This unit is just more affordable. I do not know exact charge times on this charger. Does anyone else know? The manual says 4-7 hours depending on charger?

visit this site for another low cost alternative
http://evseupgrade.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apvbguy said:
gte037p said:

However, with the EVSE Upgrade you only have one cable. For those of us on a lease this means that we will have to buy a new cable to return the unit.

gte037p said:
apvbguy said:
gte037p said:

However, with the EVSE Upgrade you only have one cable. For those of us on a lease this means that we will have to buy a new cable to return the unit.
that is true, but I hoping that I could probably sell the unit to someone on here and do a swap as part of the deal.

Our assurance guarantee: At the end of your lease we will be happy to downgrade your unit for free. (you cover the shipping)

So far we've not yet had anyone take us up on the free downgrade offer, as it's easy to simply offer a swap with another owner who doesn't yet have an upgraded unit. You can even make some easy money, as almost any new owner will want to swap with you for lower cost than they can get their own unit upgraded for!

We've now had a number of customers turn in their LEAFs, including several that were given buy-back offers in Arizona, and they experienced no problems with the upgraded unit tucked in it's bag in the trunk with the 120v adapter attached. However, we are not advising people turn in cars with upgraded units. It would be far batter and to have it swapped out to a new LEAF owner in the community, and then everyone wins!

-Phil

Stoaty said:
Why would someone want to buy a charging dock that doesn't support the full charging capability of a 2013 Leaf with 6.6 Kw (or 6)? The LCS-25 is limited to about 5 kw. Even if one is going with a 3.3 kw Leaf now, I would want to future-proof by getting a charging dock that will support the higher charging level. Am I missing something?
Because someone might already have a 30amp 240v (i.e. dryer) outlet in their garage available for charging, and the additional cost of running a new 40 amp circuit just to improve charging times by 15-20% or so might not be worth it. Of course if the LCS-25 were capable of 24 amps instead of just 20 it would make it much more appealing for this application, and set it apart from EVSEupgrade, but that would probably also mean it would cost more.

Stoaty said:
Because of cost. You are usually only gaining minutes of charge speed, and you are going to pay a whole lot for that minimal increase! For most people, as long as the LEAF is ready when they are, there is no difference anyway. Where the 6kW LEAF really shines is public opportunity charging, where you WILL likely be waiting while it charges, so minutes matter. At home while you are asleep; not so much.

BTW, the LCS-25 outputs the same 20A just like our upgraded units.

The upgrade also has the ability to run on 120V as well as 240v, and includes programmable amperage capability. The LCS-25 does not have these features, is less rugged, and is not portable (for hard-wired use only).

-Phil

To be fair, and meaning no offense whatsoever, Phil is the owner of the EVSE Upgrade and promoting his product / service. I would do the same if I were in his shoes. However, I have no interest in Clipper Creek , but instead just want a good deal.

My interest in purchasing the LC-25 provides myself and others two substantial benefits:

1) Peace of mind that I can return the cable at the end of the lease and will not be tethered to the responsibility of selling / trading my cable to turn it in. I can sell the LC-25 later.
2) A second cable to charge my leaf at ~ half the price of other Level 2 cables. One to leave in the car for convenience, and one to leave a home. This means that I don't have to unplug from the wall in the garage, pop the trunk, put the cable in the bag. Instead I simply unplug from the front and go.

Anyways, I am planning on placing this order tomorrow if I have the final count above 6 so let me know ASAP if you are game and we can get a group-buy discount.

We have 11 takers so far and need to extend this until tomorrow due to Earth Day which has tied up the seller.

If you want to get in on this deal, please let me know before tomorrow morning.

gte037p said:
We have 11 takers so far and need to extend this until tomorrow due to Earth Day which has tied up the seller.

If you want to get in on this deal, please let me know before tomorrow morning.

I'm curious: what price did you end up getting on the group buy?

Back