Has Gudy's ship come in?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do MDA for the U.S. Coast Guard in sector LA/LB as a USCGA member. Without going in to details <wink>, there were no Leafs on that ship.

mwalsh said:
Possibly moot point at this stage in the game, but World Spirit just popped up as being at Nissan's dock in Long Beach. Where did she come from?

tcimpidis said:
I do MDA for the U.S. Coast Guard in sector LA/LB as a USCGA member. Without going in to details <wink>, there were no Leafs on that ship.

mwalsh said:
Possibly moot point at this stage in the game, but World Spirit just popped up as being at Nissan's dock in Long Beach. Where did she come from?

Of course not - they took them all off in Tacoma :lol:

Just got off phone with Greg at Rairdons in Auburn, WA. He was told by Nissan rep. yesterday that there would only be one Leaf delivered in Dec. I wasn't sure if he was talking about the state of Washington or everywhere.

downeykp said:
Just got off phone with Greg at Rairdons in Auburn, WA. He was told by Nissan rep. yesterday that there would only be one Leaf delivered in Dec. I wasn't sure if he was talking about the state of Washington or everywhere.

Is "Greg at Rairdons" a car salesman working for a dealership? If that is the case, then I believe him as I would any other car salesman. 0%, no matter who he says he got the info from.

downeykp said:

It's pretty much been verified (Mark Perry confirmed after I told him I KNEW there were 50 on the first ship) that there are 50, not just one to be delivered in Dec. Greg meant for WA. CA will probably get most of them.

Greg is a salesman and wondering if he meant his dealership was only getting one for December. that makes much more sense. if getting one in each major region, WA State would be getting 3-4 which is something i can believe

As a rule, a dealer will never talk about another dealership and are trained to behave as if they are the only game in town. I vote, one car for their dealership in Dec.

TRONZ said:
As a rule, a dealer will never talk about another dealership and are trained to behave as if they are the only game in town. I vote, one car for their dealership in Dec.
That reminds me of one local radio station that keeps bragging on the air that they're the only station in this county playing a certain type of music, but I know they're flat out lying because there are 4 other stations in the area playing the same music and each of them also claiming to be the only one in the county! Apparently it's a common practice in the biz...

JPC2822 said:
hill said:
Only 5 days until delivery! Long story short . . . . it's safe to say that gudy's ship HAS come in.
:D

I AGREE 100% with Hill! VERY exciting! I swear I am not jealous!

I'm VERY excited for Gudy, but I also have to admit that I'm a little jealous because I think my order was only 10-15 minutes behind him. Just glad that we are only 5 days from the first delivery!!!! Let's hope we all get our chance soon. GO GUDY!!

Ready2plugin said:
I'm VERY excited for Gudy, but I also have to admit that I'm a little jealous because I think my order was only 10-15 minutes behind him. Just glad that we are only 5 days from the first delivery!!!! Let's hope we all get our chance soon. GO GUDY!!

Nothing new in your dashboard R2P?

mwalsh said:
Ready2plugin said:

Nothing new in your dashboard R2P?

Yes, they closed my Carwings tab so I can't get to the owner's website from my dashboard, but I can still log into the owner's sight directly. My Carwings registration also looks like it was canceled. :( .

Ready2plugin said:
Yes, they closed my Carwings tab so I can't get to the owner's website from my dashboard, but I can still log into the owner's sight directly. My Carwings registration also looks like it was canceled. :( .

Interesting, but not completely unexpected....I don't personally think you were supposed to get in all along.

mwalsh said:
Ready2plugin said:

Interesting, but not completely unexpected....I don't personally think you were supposed to get in all along.

I have a feeling they may have been using my account to "test" the system.

Ready2plugin said:

Yeah. I'm trying not to be too critical of the process, but IMO using a live account was a bit dumb. Using a live account of someone (who should have appeared to them as being) quite active in/with their account was even dumber, at least without letting said someone know.

mwalsh said:
Ready2plugin said:

Yeah. I'm trying not to be too critical of the process, but IMO using a live account was a bit dumb. Using a live account of someone (who should have appeared to them as being) quite active in/with their account was even dumber, at least without letting said someone know.

Yep, at least I still can go on the owner website and keep tabs on if/when they post the LEAF manual. My VIN and car details still show, but just no Carwings account.

Ya know, it dawned on me today that just because we don't know what's going does not mean it is a mistake. Nissan is showing itself to be pretty together on alot of very big things and I would bet accounts opening and closing is not an accident.

My pet theory of the day; It looks like the first delivery is going to not only provide a perfect demonstration of the LEAFs 100 mile range advantage (compared to "others") but also provide some incredible venues for the first car to visit and use. What if Nissan was shopping for a Bay Area person even before Aug 31? I mean Gudy says that his system was being "tested" with an open dashboard that actually led to him getting the very first completed RAQ. Doesn't sound like a mistake to me or they would have invalidated the order. I mean, I think its great that Nissan has been thinking about the bigger pictures all along. There may have been dozens of open dashboards in the bay area for "testing" on Aug 31. Some might say these things are mistakes but I am not so sure there is not a method to the so called madness. Good for Nissan. San Francisco is beautiful!

I think the first batch of cars is a custom delivery. How could they not be? The Dashboard is really for when they are selling 2 thousand plus LEAFs a month. Month after month. It's all good! :ugeek:

Back