I wish the had quick chargers on I-90 in eastern WA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

If they put one in vantage (at the bottom of the hill, at the Texaco station), Moses Lake (maybe at the Nissan dealer), and Ritzville (maybe at the Best Western Tesla Supercharger) a Leafer could drive all the way to Spokane without it taking 12 to 13 hours! I suppose one in downtown Spokane would be a good idea too... By the way.. why is it that AV doesn't put a quick charger in the seattle area either. they are all at a leaf's range out of the city.. I never get a chance to use my subscription!

So the less than 300 miles from Seattle to Spokane will take 4-6 charges and take a five hour drive and turn it into a 7 or 8 hour drive. Diving a leaf is fun but the extra time would make the trip a non starter for me.

Agreed. Rent a hybrid from getaround.com for the long trips.

I only go a max of 2 hops.

downeykp said:
So the less than 300 miles from Seattle to Spokane will take 4-6 charges and take a five hour drive and turn it into a 7 or 8 hour drive. Diving a leaf is fun but the extra time would make the trip a non starter for me.

One other thing that's a problem is the battery gets kind of hot with that many successive quick charges. You have to do it on a colder day. The way I figure it, the car will use about 70 KWH for the trip. take off 15 for the initial charge minus the safety factor and you need 55. Level 3 comes in at 50 KW usually, add some hook up times plus the extra driving to get to that remote charger in cle elum (they should have put it in Ellensburg) and it should only be 6 or 7 hours Max. I like to stop once an hour for a few minutes anyway. The whine of the road puts me to sleep!

I'll check on the hybrid rental next time since right now there are no quick chargers 12 hours is too much! Thanks.

Back