ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lot on Central Street in Evanston, Il had all of the chargers blocked by ICE SUV's yesterday.

Great!!

Why? :?:

Because they were formerly all free until I Go Car Sharing sold to Enterprise Car Company, who within 10 seconds after the sale, charged for a hookup. :evil:

How does it feel to be "blocked" by ICER's Mr. Enterprise?

greengate said:
The lot on Central Street in Evanston, Il had all of the chargers blocked by ICE SUV's yesterday.

Great!!

Because they were formerly all free until I Go Car Sharing sold to Enterprise Car Company, who within 10 seconds after the sale, charged for a hookup. :evil:

Please tell me this didn't happen at the behest of EV owners? Enterprise is a business and they deserve to be paid for the product they sell. There are few enough public EVSEs in Illinois already. If Enterprise can profit from having stations, then let them. I don't want to see the Plugshare, Chargepoint, and Carwings maps go blank over the way EV drivers are perceived by businesses. We are the Ambassadors of Technology here, and the public is watching how we behave. I don't expect free charging to take root anywhere for long, that's a poor representation of how capitalism should work. Free for now, pay later when the industry is mature enough to compete with gasoline. Well, it's later somewhere, and that somewhere is Evanston today.

joewaters said:
greengate said:

Great!!

Please tell me this didn't happen at the behest of EV owners? Enterprise is a business and they deserve to be paid for the product they sell. There are few enough public EVSEs in Illinois already. If Enterprise can profit from having stations, then let them. I don't want to see the Plugshare, Chargepoint, and Carwings maps go blank over the way EV drivers are perceived by businesses. We are the Ambassadors of Technology here, and the public is watching how we behave. I don't expect free charging to take root anywhere for long, that's a poor representation of how capitalism should work. Free for now, pay later when the industry is mature enough to compete with gasoline. Well, it's later somewhere, and that somewhere is Evanston today.

+1

joewaters said:
greengate said:

Great!!

I have it that this is WAY too soon.

It's like picking the flowering buds from the fruit tree and then expecting to have a crop.

Greed is everywhere and this is another example.

Very sad to see how greed is seriously consuming and destroying the planet.

What was the stock market today; This barometer by which all progress is measured.

greengate said:
... I have it that this is WAY too soon.

It's like picking the flowering buds from the fruit tree and then expecting to have a crop.

Greed is everywhere and this is another example. ...
Are you saying it WAS done on purpose by EV owners? If so, I think you guys are the greedy ones, not the site owners who do not have to offer charging services at all. Talk about feeling entitled...

mikeyd810 said:
Interesting layout for those spots, any chance he was charging via the J1772 and the Leaf took the cord? Wondering if the J1772 cord would reach over to the driver side of the Volt parked like that.
I suppose it's possible, but doesn't strike me as likely. I think it would reach, but you'd probably have to drape the cord over the roof or hood to make it.

davewill said:
greengate said:
... I have it that this is WAY too soon.

Greed is everywhere and this is another example. ...
Are you saying it WAS done on purpose by EV owners? If so, I think you guys are the greedy ones, not the site owners who do not have to offer charging services at all. Talk about feeling entitled...

I did not read it that way, the way I understood what greengate was saying was that Enterprise is not making sure the spots are available for EV users, but because the spots are bloked by ICE'ers no EV's can charge and therefore Enterprise can not make revenue off of the site. It sounded like greengate was wanting to use the EVSE to charge, but could not because the spots were ICED. If Enterprise is concerned about underused EVSE sites, it is there own falt that they allow the site to be ICED.

I was at Kohl's in Arlington yesterday and noticed an ICE car blocking one of the blink stations. But my daughter noticed that they had a hanging handicapped tag on their rearview mirror. The signs in front of the parking spaces are just blue signs with white letters "EV" in the middle. I have to wonder if it was an old handicapped person who saw a close spot to the store with a blue sign, no idea what EV means, and assumed it was a handicapped spot?

adric22 said:
I was at Kohl's in Arlington yesterday and noticed an ICE car blocking one of the blink stations. But my daughter noticed that they had a hanging handicapped tag on their rearview mirror. The signs in front of the parking spaces are just blue signs with white letters "EV" in the middle. I have to wonder if it was an old handicapped person who saw a close spot to the store with a blue sign, no idea what EV means, and assumed it was a handicapped spot?

reasonable enough assumption, someone with cataracts that haven't progressed far enough to have surgery might not see the sign well enough to read it and just assume it is a handicapped spot.

adric22 said:

In that situation, yes, I'll bet your guess would probably be correct.

adric22 said:

Try this for an explanation:

They probably heard that we Leaf drivers are handicapped in the winter via the shortened range...and since there are many forms of handicaps...they are as entitled to park there as a Leaf driver.

Handicapped is handicapped!! :lol:

ILETRIC said:
Speak a 1000 words! Pictures, please! Pictures!

Ok..OK..OK. :!:

I just need a little assistance on how to do this from my iMac.

Lets say I have the picture I want to put on this site sitting on my desktop.

How do I upload it from the desktop to this area on the site?

:mrgreen:

greengate said:
You need to upload it to a third party site. I use Photobucket, but you can use most of the popular photo sites. Once uploaded, there's a button to get either the bare URL, or the IMG tag code that you use here to display the pic.

It's also possible to upload pics directly to the site, but you have to be "Gold" member for that. (Which reminds me I need to renew my supporter status...)

davewill said:
greengate said:
You need to upload it to a third party site. I use Photobucket, but you can use most of the popular photo sites. Once uploaded, there's a button to get either the bare URL, or the IMG tag code that you use here to display the pic.

It's also possible to upload pics directly to the site, but you have to be "Gold" member for that. (Which reminds me I need to renew my supporter status...)

I got the Gold Member part covered..so where do we go from here?

At Fashion Valley evGo the day after Christmas. It was a very busy shopping day and after charging I had to park in a dirt lot a couple blocks away, so maybe these offenders could be excused. ... Nope, I tried, but I can't excuse them.

The question is, who is worst? The SmartForTwo EV (not pictured) that was parked in one of the quick charging spaces (Smart doesn't have QC) not charging, with the driver sitting in the car? The gas powered Toyota parked in the L2 space which might be reachable with the Chademo plug? The black Leaf parked in the other quick charging space, not charging and not connected? Or me, parked in the maintenance area so I could get a charge?

Normally I'd show the license plate in Hall of Shame photos because I don't think people who steal charging spaces deserve privacy. But I couldn't quite bring myself to "out" my fellow Leaf driver, and once I blurred his license plate it didn't seem fair to show the Toyota plate.

walterbays said:
... The SmartForTwo EV (not pictured) that was parked in one of the quick charging spaces (Smart doesn't have QC) not charging, with the driver sitting in the car? ...
Did you talk to this person? I'd have certainly asked this person to move so I could QC.

greengate said:
davewill said:
greengate said:

I got the Gold Member part covered..so where do we go from here?

I figured out how to do it, so for now I have my camera locked and loaded.

Best place to hunt is the dealers parking lot!! :lol:

Back