ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have an email from 7/27 where they had some 'additional questions' and you 'may still quality' ... but no response.

Casey, additional information is still needed to see if you meet the criteria for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. ECOtality will contact you in the next few weeks to review your survey responses and schedule an in-home assessment, as needed, to complete the review process. thank you for deciding to be part of the gasoline-free future.

were these contacts via email?

I did not initially look in my spam folder, unfortunately it automatically purges every week or so....not sure what to do if it was deleted. I have been checking spam folder recently. Hard to know if I'm just far enough down the list that it'll be a bit of a wait, or if I missed it!

This is what a dealer posted.

Seattle Test Drive
November 12th thru the 14th. 1st day for dealers and remaining 2 days for "Priority Reservist" and Handraiers.
14 or so LEAFs suppose to be on hand for the event! Locale: Southcenter Mall.

evnow said:

Seattle Test Drive
November 12th thru the 14th. 1st day for dealers and remaining 2 days for "Priority Reservist" and Handraiers.

Sweet. On my calendar. Curious how they will contact us and ask us if we want to take part. Thanks for sharing.

evnow said:

Seattle Test Drive

Or in other words, almost the entire 2010 Washington allocation of LEAF's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rainnw said:
Or in other words, almost the entire 2010 Washington allocation of LEAF's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. :shock:

I guess they will take a large car carrier and shuttle them from place to place.

I give credit for trying. GM produced a hundred pre-production Volts and won't have any test drives until each dealer gets a demo car after it goes on sale.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Sweet. On my calendar. Curious how they will contact us and ask us if we want to take part. Thanks for sharing.

I think that you will get an email from Nissan regarding the event. Here is a link with dates, times, etc. Hope that helps! :)

I went to the "Plug In - Get Ready" conference yesterday at Puget Sound Energy and have a few items to share with other NW folks.

1. King County released a map of the first 127 charging stations to be installed. (Don't worry - a lot more to come). Check out the map here - http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/KeyInitiatives/ElectricVehicles/ChargingStationProgram.aspx

2. Charging station building permitting - new rules and processes should allow for most Charge Station infrastructure projects to be permitted in 24 hours. (Note that in S. California this is taking as long as 3 months).

3. I talked to someone from Ecotality and asked about the timeframe for installations of Ecotality residential stations relevant to delivery dates for the Leaf. He said that they will have a commitment from Nissan to receive delivery date information three weeks before delivery and initiate the actual installation.

4. Nissan person - Russel Vare (spelling corrected 9/27) - was there - I asked him about the timeframe for 6.6 kWh charger and he stated it would come in the 2013 model (sold late 2012).

5. PSE representatives mentioned that they would appreciate hearing from customers intending on purchasing a EV. I have a form they provided with questions and contact details. PSE site for EV's will have this form available here. You should check this out if you live in their territory: http://www.pse.com/solutions/foryourhome/Pages/ElectricVehicles.aspx. I also confirmed that Seattle City Light will be acquiring its information about Residential charge station locations through the city permitting process.

A few other nuggets that you could also get from the PSRC recommendations that evnow has already linked too.. - public infrastructure recommendations are that any location installing a EV station for public use should have at least one ADA (American Disabilities Act) accessible spot. If a location is only getting one charging station, then this station should be setup in a ADA spot. (note - this just means the spot needs to be accessible to a disabled person and NOT reserved only for a disabled person).

- signage - proposed signage for EV charging spots is pretty cool - shows a crossed out P (international - don't even think about it circle with angled line through it) in red and then in all CAPS "EXCEPT FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING". - The "Charging" was put in to distinguish from "parking".. the spots are for charging.

I wish that I had the opportunity to talk to the guy from Nissan directly but he left before the end of the conference so my additional questions for him went unanswered.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I went to the "Plug In - Get Ready" conference yesterday at Puget Sound Energy and have a few items to share with other NW folks.

Thanks for the report. The map shows lvl 2 sites. I guess they haven't decided on the lvl 3 yet ?

BTW, there are some EV related classes in Seattle community college.

http://learnatsouth.org/index.cfm?method=ClassListing.ClassListingDisplay&int_category_id=3&int_sub_category_id=125

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
some of you may appreciate that King County has made all the presentations from the Get Plug-In Ready Now conference available on their web site. Lots of good stuff here.

http://www.kingcounty.gov/transport...ives/ElectricVehicles/GetPlug-InReadyNow.aspx

Thanks. Very interesting stuff. Look at the presentation by Sheida Sahandy (City of Bellevue). I've not seen anyone (in any govt) state this so clealy ...

Current transportation model does not scale:
2050 demand 440m bpd, current production is 82 m bpd! (Prof. Sterman, MIT) …and we are beyond peak oil

Here is the thread for the first Puget Sound meeting - if there is enough interest we can meet after the Volt test drive.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1386&start=0

Decided to take off Friday 11/5 to drive down to Hillsboro for the Solarworld test drive. Anyone else going? Figured late morning on Friday's not likely to be as mobbed as Saturday or Sunday.

DrPowell said:
Decided to take off Friday 11/5 to drive down to Hillsboro for the Solarworld test drive. Anyone else going? Figured late morning on Friday's not likely to be as mobbed as Saturday or Sunday.

While tempting, I think I'll wait for the drive next week here. Hmmmm ... anyway something to think about.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ken/news/105460778.html

Nissan of Auburn has reservations for 50 electric vehicles, including one to the Nelson's, during the first rollout.

"I sell them for $32,193 for the top-of-the-line model," said Greg Leach, Internet sales manager at Nissan of Auburn.

evnow said:
http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ken/news/105460778.html

Nissan of Auburn has reservations for 50 electric vehicles, including one to the Nelson's, during the first rollout.

"I sell them for $32,193 for the top-of-the-line model," said Greg Leach, Internet sales manager at Nissan of Auburn.

I am trying to get in touch with them now to find out the status of my order. Does anyone have email for them?

Back