ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seattlemocha said:
I agree and may join that group but am looking to start specifically a Leaf owners group.
May be we can have a special sub-chapter of Seattle chapter on Leaf ;-)

10:30am on Sunday here.. I had originally put in for Friday, but my sister wanted to meet up at the mall for lunch afterwards so the Friday option didn't work for her..

saturday at 1pm.

Holmes just came by. She tells me she already knows I will quality just fine. After reading plenty of horror stories, I decided to make it dead simple instead of running it into the garage/etc. I am having it put on the side of the house. There is enough of a cord, so if it ends up being -60F outside, I can at least run it into the garage if I want to.

Friday, 9am for me. I'm hoping not many people will be around at that time and we'll get a longer time to play with everything.

okay.. is there some common thing that any member of this forum could wear to easily identify themselves at the event? Shaved heads?, Leaf Tattoos with your MyNissanLeaf username in bold print?, Gold Chains?,.. or on a serious note - Hawaiian shirts... everyone has one.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
or on a serious note - Hawaiian shirts... everyone has one.

I can wear my Hawaiian shirt, but it will be underneath my REI rain shell. Yesterday's weather notwithstanding, it is November.

Just so everyone is clear (Even though Nissan still has not updated their website and some dealer(s) were not aware) the Washington state alternative energy sales tax exemption has been extended until July 1, 2015 and includes local, state, and motor vehicle sales tax. Lease payments are also included. So 0% sales tax on new Leaf purchases and leases.

I sent an inquiry to the DOR to clarify if local sales tax was also exempt and to ask if there would be sales tax on the residual value if a consumer were to lease to own but only got half the question answered.

For further information refer to our Special Notice on http://dor.wa.gov/Docs/Pubs/SpecialNotices/2010/sn_10_AltFuelVehicles.pdf

i would have to say that local taxes are exempt as well... but then again, i am getting feedback that that may not be the case. when i got my 2010 Prius, it was tax free...100% tax free. purchased in Olympia. now i am getting my Leaf in Auburn and the local tax rate is supposed to be different so will that be tacked on? i am thinking not. i would have to think my dealer would have mentioned that and he did mention that no sales tax applied.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i would have to say that local taxes are exempt as well... but then again, i am getting feedback that that may not be the case.
Washington Department of Revenue made a "private ruling" for me. Local taxes ARE exempt on new Leaf purchases and leases, so 0% sales tax.
DaveinOlyWA said:
i would have to think my dealer would have mentioned that and he did mention that no sales tax applied.
Out of curiosity when were you told that by Auburn Nissan?

QueenBee said:
I sent an inquiry to the DOR to clarify if local sales tax was also exempt and to ask if there would be sales tax on the residual value if a consumer were to lease to own but only got half the question answered.

For further information refer to our Special Notice on http://dor.wa.gov/Docs/Pubs/SpecialNotices/2010/sn_10_AltFuelVehicles.pdf
Nice.

When you say only got half the answer - you are talking about tax on residual that was not answered ?

evnow said:
When you say only got half the answer - you are talking about tax on residual that was not answered ?
Correct, I replied asking for clarification on that point and expect an answer in a week or so.

Back