ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electric Vehicle Charge Stations Coming to Bellevue City Hall

Join us on November 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm to preview the charging stations being installed at City Hall and get information on how you can install free EV charging stations at your location.

With American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funding, Campbell, California-based Coulomb Technologies will install 4,600 public and home “ChargePoint America” charging stations in nine regions around the country. The Bellevue/Redmond area was selected as one such region.

The 240-volt charging stations being installed at City Hall, intended primarily for use by visitors who have business with the city, will charge an average automobile electric battery in between 4-6 hours. Most people would likely use them to “top off” during visits to City Hall. ChargePoint stations are networked so users can check the charging status of their car and locations of unoccupied charging stations by using a smart phone.

Find out more about these stations, and how you can get one installed at your site for free.

What: Please join the City of Bellevue and Coulomb Technologies for the unveiling of the first two “smart” electric vehicle charging stations at Bellevue City Hall. Help celebrate the regional kickoff for the installation of hundreds of public and private electric vehicle charging stations in the Bellevue/Redmond area.

When: Friday, November 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm.

Where: Bellevue City Hall, Visitors Parking Lot 450 110th Ave. NE, Bellevue, Washington (http://www.bellevuewa.gov/parking-directions.htm).
Due to limited parking capacity, guests are encouraged to carpool, use public transit or park off site.

Speakers:
Dr. Don Davidson, Mayor, City of Bellevue Ted Fagenson, Vice President, Coulomb Technologies Glenn Bachman, Director of Retail Operations, Kemper Development
Andrew Wappler, VP of Corporate Affairs, Puget Sound Energy
Lynn A. Frosch, Puget Sound Transportation Service Manager, Microsoft
More information on the ChargePointAmerica program, see www.ChargePointAmerica.com.

Just got confirmation from the WA DOR that there would be no sales/use and no motor vehicle sales/use taxes due at the end of the lease if you decide to "purchase" the car. So to sum that up; prior to July 1, 2015 there will be no sales tax/etc due for any purchasing or leasing of Leaf cars.

Based on the language in the response it seems like "purchasing" the car at the end of the lease is less like purchasing and more like paying off a loan.

"Provided that the payoff is made prior to July 1, 2015, the transaction would be exempt from the retail sales and use tax. However, if the payoff amount is paid after that date, sales tax applies on the payoff amount."

QueenBee said:
Just got confirmation from the WA DOR that there would be no sales/use and no motor vehicle sales/use taxes due at the end of the lease if you decide to "purchase" the car. So to sum that up; prior to July 1, 2015 there will be no sales tax/etc due for any purchasing or leasing of Leaf cars.

Based on the language in the response it seems like "purchasing" the car at the end of the lease is less like purchasing and more like paying off a loan.

"Provided that the payoff is made prior to July 1, 2015, the transaction would be exempt from the retail sales and use tax. However, if the payoff amount is paid after that date, sales tax applies on the payoff amount."

great to know since my lease will expire in Jan 2014. that leaves plenty of time

If there is any sort of oil supply disruption in the future, you'll be sitting on a car worth it's weight in gold! Great to have that option, or perhaps the option of getting into something even better!

I talked to greg the dealer the other day and still specifics just the "1/11" is all it says.

Now somewhere they mentioned the ship launching from japan on dec15th which would mean hitting port first week of jan and average 5-7 days from port to dealer so I am guessing a 1/11/11 delivery

DaveinOlyWA said:
I talked to greg the dealer the other day and still specifics just the "1/11" is all it says.

Now somewhere they mentioned the ship launching from japan on dec15th which would mean hitting port first week of jan and average 5-7 days from port to dealer so I am guessing a 1/11/11 delivery

Not sure if you guys saw my "has Gudy's ship come in" post but there was a car carrier in Tacoma last week. Anyone know if Nissan delivers cars through Tacoma? I'd be relieved to know that local cars come in so close.

I can't wait to hear of someone getting their Blink EVSE installed here in WA as well. I haven't seen anyone with a higher position (lower number) than mine that takes part in the forums.

Dave - what are all your details? EV Project? Got a WAR-0... id?

I have the folks from McKinstry coming out this Friday in regards to my L2 charger, but I believe this is just going to be another installation assessment as opposed to an actual installation. I'm seriously hoping that they'll be able to set me up with an install date for the Blink at this time..

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Not sure if you guys saw my "has Gudy's ship come in" post but there was a car carrier in Tacoma last week. Anyone know if Nissan delivers cars through Tacoma? I'd be relieved to know that local cars come in so close.

I can't wait to hear of someone getting their Blink EVSE installed here in WA as well. I haven't seen anyone with a higher position (lower number) than mine that takes part in the forums.

I live a few minutes from the port, and have a great view. Too bad its probably already left, otherwise, we could have counted the cars :)

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

umm well, i dont have any details. no EV project, no EVSE install, ummm, hmmm, well i live in Oly. getting the L3 charge option and i plan to use it at least once on a trip up north to the Seattle Tacoma area. other than that, no need for it. L1 will pretty much cover my day to day needs.

planning on moving sometime in 2011 so after that, i might look again at L2, but no real hurry on that

TLeaf said:
I have the folks from McKinstry coming out this Friday in regards to my L2 charger, but I believe this is just going to be another installation assessment as opposed to an actual installation. I'm seriously hoping that they'll be able to set me up with an install date for the Blink at this time..

If you can, take the opportunity to quiz them about their installs. Have they started? when? is McKinstry doing all of them? etc.. as much info as possible. I made a list before they came to my house and I asked questions I knew the answer to and ones I didn't to test out how much the installers really knew.

Reported today that Blink is not yet UL listed, so those that need them for early deliveries are getting a different unit, with a free swap when the Blink is UL'd.

(See this reported in posts on Page 9 of the "ECOtality...Blink" topic.)

so if you follow the etec thread - you'll see that Arizona customers that purchased through Rairdon (Auburn) are being contacted to get their EVSE installations done (and the report of the Blinks not having UL certification appear correct). So if Rairdon is getting Leaf's, does that mean we should be seeing some for local buyers soon? hmm..

So unfortunately I didn't glean a whole lot of information out of the McKinstry rep this morning.. Seems that this was one of several "spot checks" of the previous assessments and that it has no immediate bearing on when an install might actually take place. The rep had no idea when an install might take place only offering the oft-quoted party line of "two weeks before delivery". Though it seems like the coordinator at their main office might have a bit more information on the matter, this certainly is not sounding as promising as the "your car is on its way" that's been reported by several out-of-state folks.

TLeaf said:
So unfortunately I didn't glean a whole lot of information out of the McKinstry rep this morning.. Seems that this was one of several "spot checks" of the previous assessments and that it has no immediate bearing on when an install might actually take place.
I was also "spot checked" this morning. Nothing new to add, other than the contractor will be getting trained next week and will be installing an EVSE unit at their offices. The contractor has not been told by Nissan or Ecotality when deliveries will start, only that they will be notified 15-30 days before customer takes delivery of the vehicle.

Going to share here too (shared in ETEC thread too) - got my call from Ecotality this morning. Install is set for 12/9. I'm getting a Clipper Creek EVSE until the Blink is ready to be swapped in (30 days after car delivery they thought).

A few more details after original post: Evergreen Electrical is doing my install and they are coming by this afternoon to do one more walk through before next week. I guess they don't want to encounter any surprises doing these first deliveries so they are being extra cautious.

Just set up my installation on 12/9 as well. Same story as the above! It will be a temporary unit until the blink comes through.

--------------

lkmtleaf
Reserved on 4/20
Ordered Blue Ocean SL-e: 8/31 @ 10am and accepted at 9 PM
Dealer: Younker Nissan
Estimated Delivery: month of January 2011
EVPID: WAR-0013

Back