ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom Saxton reported in the Seattle LEAF Owners group on FB that Bellevue Square is having a little PR around their launch of 15 (yes 15) charge stations at and around Bellevue Square tomorrow. You can see the real locations for these by going here: http://chargepointamerica.com/charging-find-stations.php. Great news!

Also - for those not already going. General Electric has their event tomorrow at EMP. I'll be there http://forms.geconsumerandindustrial.com/asbs/servlet/WebContView?C=21041710&R=19566031&K=4vrn. Their will be a breakfast and networking event at 8:30 AM and at lunch as well as a opportunity to drive a EV (I might jump in a Volt if they have one and I can).

I see that Nintento offices are getting charge stations soon as well. The Chargepoint network shows the locations but still shows them as offline.

Tom Saxton reported that the Bell Square stations cost $2/hour to charge. Opinions on the cost? Seems steep to me unless it was Christmas season and the guaranteed parking spot combined with a need to charge made this spot enticing. By that time we should have plenty of options at various malls. DC Quick charge at that rate would be awesome though.

$0.67 per kWh, including parking?
About 17¢ per LA4 mile?

Good if you really need it to get home, I guess.

In Laguna Beach there are parking meters that take credit cards ($1 per hour last time I looked). Not enough room inside for all the quarters, perhaps. :D

garygid said:
$0.67 per kWh, including parking?
About 17¢ per LA4 mile?

Good if you really need it to get home, I guess.

In Laguna Beach there are parking meters that take credit cards ($1 per hour last time I looked). Not enough room inside for all the quarters, perhaps. :D
Is parking free for everyone else? If not, you have to consider that... Otherwise, why not just pull in and plug in but not charge? Awesome parking without having to pay! (other than the moral aspects) :D

Anyone willing to offer a little ride in their seattle leaf?

In the last few days my dashboard moved from "month of April" to "week of April 22nd", and today i was called by the local company installing EV project charging stations and they want to install my charger NEXT WEEK...before I even have a car?! So, after thinking about this for many months...it's getting to be decision time. I don't want to install a charging station until I decide for sure I'm keeping the car.

Anyway, if someone would be willing to take me on a ride, give me a tour for 20-30 minutes, that would be great. I missed the local leaf meeting down in Renton a month or so ago, and in theory I'd have mine by the next one. The "drive electric" tour wasn't much of a taste. I know, I know, I'm not complaining about having mine come in...just have to make a $30k decision without as much information as I'd like.

I'd meet anyone wherever they want, and buy them a beer or breakfast for their trouble.

I'm in the Kirkland area.

Also, Campbell-Nelson has a Leaf that you can test drive(although you wouldn't have someone talking with you about the car). They let us drivie it around for 20 min or so.

lc96 said:
Also, Campbell-Nelson has a Leaf that you can test drive(although you wouldn't have someone talking with you about the car). They let us drivie it around for 20 min or so.

However I think this is reserved only for those people who have their order through Campbell Nelson. Always worth giving them a call and asking, though, you never know.

I had not ordered yet when we drove Campbell-Nelson's vehicle around. We did end up ordering from them a month or so later.

I'll give them a call...but will have to tell them I ordered from Younker. Would feel dishonest not too.

I asked Younker if they had an opportunity to sit in/drive a Leaf before mine showed up. They just said I could decide when mine showed up.

Decisions, decisions....this is killing me :roll:

sproqitman said:
Blackleaf - I just sent you a private message.

Thanks sprogitman for meeting up with me today and showing me your Leaf. It really helped me be more confident in moving forward. Too bad Nissan dealers can't all offer time in a Leaf, bu thank goodness for the My Nissan Leaf Forum and it's participants.

I'm going to scheudle the charger installation now that I'm more confident I'll go ahead with with delivery.

as posted in the FB group - a very negative piece by Dori Monson of KIRO Radio about the LEAF - starts 25 minutes in: http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=27261&p=6&n. He gets most of his facts just plain wrong.

It's killing me that MyNissanLeaf forums are becoming places where news folks are coming to create news stories. It limits our ability to share frankly the pluses and minuses of EV ownership when someone comes here and cherry picks only the most negative comments.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
as posted in the FB group
What FB group? Link please.
very negative piece by Dori Monson ... He gets most of his facts just plain wrong.
How many other things is he saying that are just plain not accurate. Whatever credibility he may have had is now gone AFAIAC.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
as posted in the FB group - a very negative piece by Dori Monson of KIRO Radio about the LEAF - starts 25 minutes in: http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=27261&p=6&n. He gets most of his facts just plain wrong.

It's killing me that MyNissanLeaf forums are becoming places where news folks are coming to create news stories. It limits our ability to share frankly the pluses and minuses of EV ownership when someone comes here and cherry picks only the most negative comments.

the piece is idiotic on so many levels, it could EASILY be on SNL with nearly no changes

It amazes me how many journalists are trying to write the EV equivalent of "Why the World Doesn't Need Superman". :?: <-- geeky movie reference
Of course their job has never been to transmit truth, but to generate ratings and revenue (buy a Jaguar *wank wank*)

Sorry Dori - That will be the final time I grant your show any credibility, or a moment of my time.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:

Dori Monson is an a-hole. I can't stand to listen to him. He's a sanctimonious blowhard. I listen to 97.3 in the mornings for the news and enjoy Dave Ross, even more now that he's balanced by Luke Burbank. But I can't even stand to hear Monson's voice, particularly when he goes off on one of his anti-government screeds.

Not a big fan of Ron and Don, either. About 6 months ago, I discovered the Men's Room on 99.9. I'd much rather listen to some funny old rockers talk about beer than Ron and Don self promote.

Holy ... Batman!

I have a date, and a VIN

I thought I was doomed. Apparently I was on the last boat out of Japan.

Back