JDapter - Tesla charging for your EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
co2112 said:
Saw this today http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/19/diginow-super-charger-v2-tesla-ev/ its for an adapter to use Tesla Destination Chargers with any j1772 plug.

It looks like the kit you will need the is Tesla plug adapter $80-$100 and the j1772 handle another $200 but the article also states the Tesla Adapter is $350 so I am a little confused about the wording of the plug adapter.

Tony when you adapter is ready for primetime it will simply be a plug adapter we can put on the end of a destination charger handle and it has the j1772 connector built in. It this correct? Why do you think this cable adapter has a communication link.

I did actually communicate with this fellow a while ago. It looks like some crude 3-D printed parts.

With all the goofy names, I can't really figure out exactly what it is he is selling.

co2112 said:
... Why do you think this cable adapter has a communication link.
It looks to me like he is changing the pilot to limit charging...so that you can plug into an 80a HPWC, but he can limit the charging through the adapter to 32a. Saves him having to beef the thing up to handle 80a, since a lot of J1772 cars top out at 30a anyway.

I got a J1772 cable this week from quickchargepower this week and received a card in the box for the adapter, man I was excited, but looks like we are still a bit off. I hope all is going well. Do keep us in the loop.

Andrejun said:
I got a J1772 cable this week from quickchargepower this week and received a card in the box for the adapter, man I was excited, but looks like we are still a bit off. I hope all is going well. Do keep us in the loop.

I got the same card when I bought a JLong a few months back.

Andrejun said:
JPWhite said:
I got the same card when I bought a JLong a few months back.

And here I was thinking it meant that the adapter was at least close.

All depends on your definition of "close"

The introduction of the Outlander PHEV to the US market has been close for 3 years now :-(

Tony is an a EV enthousant . He is famous for announcing vaporware. Months to years later he usually comes through. You have to remember that Quick Charge is essentially a two man operation and he is easily overwhelmed.

TonyWilliams said:
co2112 said:
Saw this today http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/19/diginow-super-charger-v2-tesla-ev/ its for an adapter to use Tesla Destination Chargers with any j1772 plug.

It looks like the kit you will need the is Tesla plug adapter $80-$100 and the j1772 handle another $200 but the article also states the Tesla Adapter is $350 so I am a little confused about the wording of the plug adapter.

Tony when you adapter is ready for primetime it will simply be a plug adapter we can put on the end of a destination charger handle and it has the j1772 connector built in. It this correct? Why do you think this cable adapter has a communication link.

I did actually communicate with this fellow a while ago. It looks like some crude 3-D printed parts.

With all the goofy names, I can't really figure out exactly what it is he is selling.

That stuff he has in the other pics is scary and dangerous. More non-professional engineering.

No big company is incentivised to come out with this. If Tony or this motorcycle company does, it will be a blessing. If you aren't planning on helping the community with something like this, I wouldn't throw stones.

I personally would love to see this done to provide another pool of free chargers for non-Tesla drivers.

Back