Joke Thread That Means Nothing :)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wantonsoup said:
I'm starting this thread so we can keep information on the updated 2013 Leaf together. Here's what we know so far:

Smyrna, TN plant should be online before the end of the year. New colors, optional leather seats, a darker new interior and a more efficient heating system that could garner 25 more miles of range in cold weather. And of course the 6.6kWh charger. What will be standard, what will be optional, what the prices will be, etc., are all unknown.

If you hear anything concrete (no speculation please), this is the place to post it.
It will be great if you will include source of the info that you provided otherwise, it is speculation.

EdmondLeaf, those are all pretty well known to be coming out in the 2013 model. As far as I know nothing else has been announced.

Better heater, seat options & 6.6kWh charger:
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1074273_2013-nissan-leaf-better-heater-leather-option-6-6-kw-charger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually, NOTHING has been announced to date. It's ALL speculation at this point.

gsleaf said:
EdmondLeaf, those are all pretty well known to be coming out in the 2013 model. As far as I know nothing else has been announced.
Better heater, seat options & 6.6kWh charger:
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1074273_2013-nissan-leaf-better-heater-leather-option-6-6-kw-charger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomT said:
Actually, NOTHING has been announced to date. It's ALL speculation at this point.
Depends on your definition of "announced" I guess. From the link:
Speaking to The Detroit News yesterday, Mark Perry, director of product and advanced planning for Nissan Americas confirmed that the 2013 Leaf will get an improved heating system and an upgraded interior fitted as standard.

Yep, it will come along with the 6.6kw charger retrofit for the 2011 and 2012s he once talked about! :lol:

davewill said:
TomT said:
Depends on your definition of "announced" I guess. From the link:
Speaking to The Detroit News yesterday, Mark Perry, director of product and advanced planning for Nissan Americas confirmed that the 2013 Leaf will get an improved heating system and an upgraded interior fitted as standard.

I just wanted to throw this in here... 2013 Nissan Leaf might actually boost up sales by a lot :) Especially 6.6kw and new heater.

Do you think the general populace really understands 3.3kW and 6.6kW and such ? All they care is about:

- range
- price
- battery quality

If you don't fix these three parameters, the other stuff don't matter.

I am hearing the Fit EV is 100 real world miles. Not the 100 fluff miles Carlos seems to spout out in every opportunity (even as recently as in the Wall Street breakfast discussion). 100 actual miles with AC or heat running with a good amount of highway driving is needed to get over the RA (Range Anxiety), with a price that gets it close to $25K after Fed credit

Okay I'm officially changing the first post to read: "post your opinions and beliefs about possible future changes with no respect to any press releases, spy leaks, insider information, or the entire topic of the thread as originally posted" :lol:

mkjayakumar said:
Do you think the general populace really understands 3.3kW and 6.6kW and such ? All they care is about:

- range
- price
- battery quality

If you don't fix these three parameters, the other stuff don't matter.

The 2013 LEAF will help with the range issues in cold climates/winter thanks to the heater improvements. I agree other stuff doesn't matter unless it has a material impact on a major feature. The improved heater will fit that bill.

The 6.6KwH charger doesn't really help us that much, especially those with QC ports. It'll help Nissan compete head on with the Focus EV.

One down two to go.

As for the Fit EV. It isn't available in most places and is lease only with no option to buy. So it doesn't count until it is available generally. By the time it comes out the EV landscape will have changed anyways.

I think the new Nissan NMC chemistry will boost the range about 30%, so perhaps the Leaf will get a 100 miles EPA range, and 200 miles for a hypermiler. People will still complain.

Herm said:
I think the new Nissan NMC chemistry will boost the range about 30%,...
I'm interested! Do you have a link? (Sorry if I misunderstood and you were just being facetious, it sounded like you really meant it!)

Re: NMC.. I dont have a link but going from memory, some people have said it would double the range but that is not so. Nissan could also reduce the size of the battery 30% and lower the cost.

Back