Lance Armstrong to get the very first production Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
absolutley brilliant marketing move. No one ever said Nissan wasn't clever.

The no doubt free Leaf he is being given is probably only a small portion of his compensation for being the Nissan Leaf spokesperson.

This announcement encourages me more than it probably should.

Here's my thought - is it possible that some pre-order people will be getting their Leafs before December? My thinking is that if Lance is getting a true production car in September, what would stop the cars starting to come out for other people? It's not like they would have an assembly line, make one LanceCar, and then stop, would they?

I know, the exact same announcement says "December 1st", and even if some people get their Leaf early, it won't be me, but still... I'm encouraged.

Would Lance still take drugs to drive a Leaf ?

You don't want to make Lance your spokesperson about the time the scandal (re)breaks out.

Armstrong denies Landis’ claims, then crashes

0520-lance-story2.h2.jpg

Taking it a step further, offer a special "Livestrong edition", yellow with black rims, some special graphics and best of all, gel filled seats!

My guess is that Lance is not getting a car built with full production tooling, and he probably will get that later.

But maybe Nissan will make a big push to beat the Volt to market by several months. That would be nice.

I posted on Facebook, asking if Lance was going to be blogging about his Leaf experiences, once he receives it. They responded for him that he would be reporting his experiences on both his own Facebook page and the 'Master the Shift' one.

Why Armstrong?
He has a bicycle that he can bike to in a 150 miles radius.
He does not need any car nor EV to go anywhere, what Nissan is thinking?

Lance about Steve Jobs via Twitter yesterday...."I hear Steve Jobs reserved a Nissan Leaf today. You can have the second one boss, I got dibs on the first one!"

F*CK THAT! Jobs just ordered his, he can bloody well wait until after we get ours!

mwalsh said:
Lance about Steve Jobs via Twitter yesterday...."I hear Steve Jobs reserved a Nissan Leaf today. You can have the second one boss, I got dibs on the first one!"

F*CK THAT! Jobs just ordered his, he can bloody well wait until after we get ours!

Nissan is of course going to get them to the Hollywood Elite and the movers and shakers of the industry first. You must be kidding if you think "joe consumer" is getting their Leaf before the big wigs get one... Toyota did the same thing with the Prius, that seems to have worked out for them.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Taking it a step further, offer a special "Livestrong edition", yellow with black rims, some special graphics and best of all, gel filled seats!

Or maybe the "butterfly Leaf"?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/tourdefrance/armstrong-makes-riding-an-art-form/2009/07/22/1247941961724.html

wbTOURartbike_wideweb__470x315,0.jpg

This reminds me, has anyone else thought of how to carry bicycles on/in the leaf? I will certainly be pursuing this once my car is in my hands, but some pre-emptive speculation is always fun. Certainly folding down the rear seats and putting bikes inside would have the least impact on range. But if I put a roof or rear mount bicycle rack on what will range drop to? What if I stick to 40 mph instead of 70? My wife thinks I'm crazy to even consider it, and that I should just take one of the ICE cars we have racks for, but I'll want to take the Leaf where ever possible...

Electric4Me said:
This reminds me, has anyone else thought of how to carry bicycles on/in the leaf? I will certainly be pursuing this once my car is in my hands, but some pre-emptive speculation is always fun. Certainly folding down the rear seats and putting bikes inside would have the least impact on range. But if I put a roof or rear mount bicycle rack on what will range drop to? What if I stick to 40 mph instead of 70? My wife thinks I'm crazy to even consider it, and that I should just take one of the ICE cars we have racks for, but I'll want to take the Leaf where ever possible...

By pulling both wheels, I used to be able to fit my old Raleigh in the trunk of a Renault Alliance!
1983-Renault-Alliance-Car-A.jpg

The back of the Leaf looks a lot more roomy :)

Time to trade the canoe for a kayak and scrap the old school chain driven bicycle for one of these shaft driven rides.
http://www.dynamicbicycles.com/
Also no emissions. No dirty greasy chain to muss my new LEAFS interior.
I'm ready.
Jim

jgrode1 said:
Time to trade the canoe for a kayak and scrap the old school chain driven bicycle for one of these shaft driven rides.
http://www.dynamicbicycles.com/
Also no emissions. No dirty greasy chain to muss my new LEAFS interior.
I'm ready.
Jim

Interesting. I have heard of it before, but never seen one. Do you have one and how does it ride in comparison to a road bike?

Love the Alliance reference! Almost bought one before sanity prevailed. :lol:

Actually, I think they were pretty good, it was the long term viability of Renault in the US that concerned me.

Nubo said:
Electric4Me said:

By pulling both wheels, I used to be able to fit my old Raleigh in the trunk of a Renault Alliance!
1983-Renault-Alliance-Car-A.jpg

The back of the Leaf looks a lot more roomy :)

Back