LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, Eric! Pics please! Take some in the wild :) I sold my vehicle this morning to Carmax. I think the deal was fair, considering it was a 2001 with nearly 89000 miles and a failing engine (they didn't notice that - :D ). I expect to hear from my dealer next week. It's been such a long ordeal, I won't know what to do with myself once the deal is done and it's in my garage :? .

Shiny new evse installed in garage.
Next step, new garage doors
Final step...new car
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3479/20120604173446899.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4915/20120604173439638.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice Schneider, Tom! Your plug will not be lonely very long.

Here's my new baby, got her last night. Her name is Eco :)

http://postimage.org/image/w3xt88hpb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://postimage.org/image/lslgfkpzz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eclecticflower said:
Nice Schneider, Tom! Your plug will not be lonely very long.

Here's my new baby, got her last night. Her name is Eco :)

http://postimage.org/image/w3xt88hpb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://postimage.org/image/lslgfkpzz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Congrats on your LEAF!! I'm picking up mine tonight. :lol:

<Kathy> edit.... Eric did you get yours last night?

Wife decided against the Prius V and last night bought a Prius 4. I checked my order today and jumped from week of June 28 to week of June 22.

Yeah new cars!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I got mine Monday and posted pictures previously. Eric was supposed to pick up his last night. Waiting for pics from Eric! You'll get yours pretty soon. My date moved up a couple times to "week of May 30th" and it came in Friday June 1, was prepped and ready for pickup Monday, June 4. Good luck! I'm loving mine and having the coatings put on tonight. :)

I picked up my new LEAF Tuesday evening. I was up until about midnight that night just trying to figure everything out on it. I've read the owner's manual already (last fall) and reviewed it again a few months ago, but there are so many gadget things, I'm going to be busy this weekend setting everything up the way I want.

Yesterday was very busy. This week I'm out at the data center for meetings. I've already put about 150 or so miles on it in just over a day's ownership.

My pictures are a bit goofy, but here they are:

This first picture is in the parking lot at work. A coworker of mine offered to buy me lunch in exchange for a ride. I have promised rides to lots of people at work.

IMG_0041.jpg

This second picture is of me charging up at Union Station.

IMG_0042.jpg

ksnogas2112 said:
<Kathy> edit.... Eric did you get yours last night?

Wife decided against the Prius V and last night bought a Prius 4. I checked my order today and jumped from week of June 28 to week of June 22.

Yeah new cars!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new Prius!! I've owned two of them, and they are fantastic cars!!

Gorgeous LEAF, Eric!! Congratulations! I was nearly panicked when I brought mine home Monday trying to make sure I didn't do something wrong in the connection and charge process. Good thing I read the manual to follow the steps or I probably wouldn't have gotten it charged (timers, etc.), not that it mattered since it was full from the dealer and was sitting on ~79 miles on the GOM when I got home (my next-day commute is ~ 17 mi RT). I can probably get away with alternate day charging unless I go running on the weekends. I still have to learn how to work all the features this weekend. Juice and radio good enough to get to work for me, until Saturday. :lol: Picking her back up tonight after having the sealer package performed inside and out (I will miss my leather, but this should help a lot).

Congrats Tom, on the "other" new ride. Your Leaf will be here soon and you'll love it. :)

So after a week of ownership, it's starting to sink in why other LEAF-educated members call the GOM a piece o' crap...was starting to believe it but now I can see it's just an estimate of your potential range if you drive like an old fart! :roll: Better to rely on the battery bars, kWh calculator etc. for SOC mentioned in other streams. I'll have to figure that out... but my commute is so short I dont have to tax my brain just yet! :lol: It HAS been fun trying to grow trees, though! :D

I've had mine for a week now. I love it!! The lowest I've been on the state of charge meter is 2 bars. I love the Carwings website. So far, here is some of my information:

My regional ranking is 5,309th place with an average energy economy of 4 miles/kWh (Silver status).
So far, I've acquired a little more than 25 trees. Does anyone know what a "tree" represents?
Just some stats so far:
Distance Traveled: 356.2 miles
Average Energy Economy: 4.1 miles/kWh
Electricity Consumption 87.0 kWh
Travel Time 18.3 hrs
CO2 Tailpipe Emission Reduction 231 lbs
Electric Rate Simulation:
Consumption: 110.2 kWh
- Regeneration 23.2 kWh
= Total electricity taken from grid 87.0 kWh
x 0.11 Dollars/kWh
= $9.57 in electricity so far (and a good portion of that has been at free charging stations, so my price is actually even lower)

For over a tanks worth of gas of driving in one week, paying less than $10.00 in electricity is awesome!! ... and it's so much environmentally friendly, double awesome!!

Although we have a flat summer electric rate where I live, I've been charging starting at midnight. KCP&L has an enormous amount of excess capacity starting around 11 p.m. or so. I'm sure they are more than eager to provide power to me at that time.

One person at work the other day asked me why electric companies (particularly in California where brownouts are all to familiar) would want to promote electric vehicles. The answer is actually quite simple. Electric companies are kind of like IT (information technology) companies in that they have to design their systems to be able to support the absolute maximum load that they will encounter (usually successfully), that one day a year when it's 115 degrees outside and everyone is maxing out their air-conditioning. For the rest of the year, equipment remains idle, but the power company still has to pay to maintain it. They would much rather sell any excess load they can so at least the equipment is making some money. Believe me, utility companies are very happy to sell their unused capacity to electric car owners.

I digress. I'm loving the LEAF!! No strangers have asked me about it yet, but I do get a lot of odd looks, particularly in parking lots and also driving downtown. I hope, for those that are still waiting on LEAF's, that the cars come in soon. Someone told me the other day that State Line Nissan was advertising the LEAF in the paper. They sounded like they might have stock available. Maybe? At Lee's Summit Nissan, my sales guy said that they have sold about 10 of them so far.

So when are we going to have a LEAF get together?

Hopefully car will be here in 10 days. So maybe the sunday before or after the 4th??

Pierponts for lunch around 1pm ....if they're open then. You two can have the charging station. Still don't have chargepoint cards. Since none of the devices are handy, not sure when i'll charge away from home. Maybe the walgreens near waldo when i stop at culvers.

Hoping the 10 day thing is accurate.

Pm each other for email addy for coordination

Ps. Any other kc leaders are welcome

(Crickets??)

Wow, Eric, that's more information than I've had a chance to figure out about my LEAF! :lol: I have yet to take time to set up my XMRadio, but the account is set up. I went to the DMV today and picked up my personal plates and the registrar did my registration wrong - had to do it all over again manually. She didn't do it as electric. Ya think the personal plate would've given her a clue, G'BYGAS, had she not just been putting up with my registration (she had 13 years experience!). Had to convince her I had to buy the alternate fuel decal and it s/b prorated (but they don't have decals - oh yes they did!). Took over an hour and a half standing there working with her and 3 other clerks to get it right. And I still didn't get the tax credit difference between the LEAF purchase and sale of my other car (couldn't find documents, which I found later in my purse :roll: ), so have to submit to the State for a refund (tomorrow). I think it killed her to apologize after the first hour! I did get all of them interested in my LEAF though, showing a couple pics and explaining how it works. I was their first 100% electric car registration, downtown at the State Office Building (SOB) DMV. They were unprepared, even though my registrar was competent. She's lucky I'm nice and didn't go postal like a lot of the other clients there do! But I'm a nice person and that would've made things much worse.

I've also had drivers leaning their cars into my lane just gawking (eek!), which is highly unnerving :!: The night I brought the car home, I had a semi on my butt so close coming down I-29 (in the middle lane) I was about to freak! The passing lane was fee and open.

Nobody has stopped me yet to talk about my car, but I get plenty of stares. Somebody PLEASE talk to me!

Tom hasn't taken delivery yet, so no get together with all 3 of us just yet, but soon. Eric, I would be glad to meet you before then and ogle your Leaf, since I haven't seen you in the wild :) . Driveway chat or public place like Walgreens to play with their EVSE?? Union Station parking lot? Maybe you can help me with some features I haven't yet learned or discovered.

In the meantime (with my plate installed), I'm waving at gas stations (in my mind :p)!

So, just a few thoughts about the week of owning my LEAF...

I just love all the little noises she makes - the ones that irritate the heck out of a lot of other people on the forum (from what I've read!). Her backup beep is subtle, the VSP is neat. I listen for it with my windows down - it's like I'm sneaking around when I cruise but barely being noticed. :twisted: It's hardly perceptible and actually sounds kinda cool. :cool: I also don't pay attention to the OK button until I drive down the road and start choosing radio stations. I get the giggles over making trees, so cute. :p My G'BYGAS plate is installed, so sending my message out there today (read me)! More later...

Back