Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
locman

compare the lease payments of '12 SL model to purchase payments of '13 S model, amortize the 3K over 7 years and see if you are ahead. Then factor in the cost of options required to get the '13 up to the specs of the '12. See which one works best for ya. There are a lot of good lease deals out there right now.

Here is an example of current lease deals on the '12 recently posted...http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067&p=260232#p260062

Shop around for pricing, visit/call at least two dealerships. And, of course, do the test drives!

I have a simple question somebody here is going to have the answer to.

The tax rate San Mateo County is 9%
A few miles away in San Francisco the rate is 8.75%

If I buy my Leaf in San Francisco county would my sales tax be cheaper or is the tax computed via the zip code in which the buyer lives, no matter where the dealership is located?

I know the difference would only be $85 but I would still like to know the answer to this question.

fooljoe said:
ehunter said:
The tax rate San Mateo County is 9%. A few miles away in San Francisco the rate is 8.75%. If I buy my Leaf in San Francisco county would my sales tax be cheaper or is the tax computed via the zip code in which the buyer lives, no matter where the dealership is located?
It's where you live, not where you buy.
Really? I didn't know the answer, but that totally surprises me. If I walk into Fry's and buy a computer, I pay tax by where the store is, not where I live, right?

Ray

planet4ever said:
Really? I didn't know the answer, but that totally surprises me. If I walk into Fry's and buy a computer, I pay tax by where the store is, not where I live, right?

Ray
I guess it's because it's a "use tax" handled by the DMV, so it depends on where you register, not where you buy. Here's a document with more details.

I live in Orange County, where the rate is 8%, and just bought a Rav4-EV in L.A. County, where the rate is 9%, and I just pulled up my sales contract to confirm that I did, in fact, pay 8%.

Unfortunately, that 8% ends up actually being almost 14% on the "real price" after Toyota's $10k discount and the other $10k from the feds and state. :(

This thread doesn't seem active ATM, but thought I'd chime in on the Lease vs Purchase and MSRP question.

Just bought my 2013 Leaf S w/ Charge package, bumper protection, tonight from Korum Nissan in Puyallup, WA.

MSRP: $31,350
Invoice: $29,550
Paid: $29,400

Trade ($13,500) down, $450/mo for 36 months(@ 0%), a pending $7500 credit I'm still due from the government, and I'll own it outright.

Not much off invoice, but they gave me $1,000 more on my trade than other dealers were offering, so it works for me.
As one would expect, the base price you pay is the same really, whether you buy or lease.

2013 Leaf S - Metallic Slate, with Charge Package.

Hello,

Looking to buy a Leaf SV on 01/08/14 (the day following the release of free chargers for some CA dealers). They have the 0.0%/0.9%/1.9% APR for 36/60/72 months, respectively, but on the Build Your Nissan | Payment Estimator (http://www.nissanusa.com/buildyournissan/paymentEstimator/calculate?e48=LAX803&lsrc=181&zipCode=90042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it shows that the offer ends on 01/02/2012 - a few days before I'd like to get the car. I'd much, much rather purchase the car in January over December, as I have monies coming in December that will help with the down payment for January.

Does anyone know if the Nissan USA financing offer will be repeated/extended in 2014?

cheers,
-Tal

2014 Leaf S with quick charge package, SF bay area lease deal:

I have got an offer for leasing which I think is a too good to be true deal. It is a VPP offer and written in email. i want to know if I am missing anything.

Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12000 per year, 0.15 per mile over allowance
Model: S with Quick charge, Red
Payment: 234$ pm including taxes. 0 down.
1000 off invoice VPP.

Basically everything is rolled un into monthly costs, taxes, DMV etc etc. I pay 36 x 234 $ in 36 months. = 8424$. I will get 2500 rebate from CA. Monthly cost will become 165$ (8424 - 2500 = 5924, 5924/36 = 165)

guzzler said:
2014 Leaf S with quick charge package, SF bay area lease deal:

I have got an offer for leasing which I think is a too good to be true deal. It is a VPP offer and written in email. i want to know if I am missing anything.

Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12000 per year, 0.15 per mile over allowance
Model: S with Quick charge, Red
Payment: 234$ pm including taxes. 0 down.
1000 off invoice VPP.

Basically everything is rolled un into monthly costs, taxes, DMV etc etc. I pay 36 x 234 $ in 36 months. = 8424$. I will get 2500 rebate from CA. Monthly cost will become 165$ (8424 - 2500 = 5924, 5924/36 = 165)

Seems like a strong deal.

2014 Leaf S with charger package and floor mats. (Blue Ocean)
Purchased (not leased) in Los Angeles, CA
on 4/25/2014

Dealership: Nissan of Van Nuys (Michael Skierka, dealer)

MSRP: $31,400
Savings from using TrueCar and Costco Auto program: $2987
(Dealer matched the TrueCar price! About $500 less than Costco price!)
Sale price: $28,413

Taxes, License, Documentary Fees: $2,956.37
Nissan Cash back: $2500

Total Cost including taxes and Nissan Cash back: $28,869.37

Down payment: $6,000
Amount financed: $22,869.37 at 0% over 72 months
Monthly payment: $317.63

After I get my $2500 CA rebate in September, and my $7500 next year with my tax refund. . .
My net out-of-pocket cost after car is paid off (including all taxes, rebates, etc.):
$18,869.37

dgalvan said:
2014 Leaf S with charger package and floor mats. (Blue Ocean)
Purchased (not leased) in Los Angeles, CA
on 4/25/2014

Dealership: Nissan of Van Nuys (Michael Skierka, dealer)............
After I get my $2500 CA rebate in September, and my $7500 next year with my tax refund. . .
My net out-of-pocket cost after car is paid off (including all taxes, rebates, etc.):
$18,869.37
-------------

I believe the Fed Raised the $7500 to $8200 recently.

Dealers in Bay Area were offering lease rebates of $8200-8300 over Memorial Day weekend.

I bought mine on 5/31.

2014 Leaf S with charge package (mats + splash guards) - MSRP 31400
Sale Price: 27650
Final Price after Tax + fees came to 28K at 0% APR (after NMAC 2500 cash and before 2500 CA rebate and 7500 fed rebate)

I purchased mine.. not leased on 5/25
2014 NISSAN LEAF® SV $32,000 * BASE MSRP
LED Headlights and Quick Charge Port Package $1,630
Splash Guards (4-piece set) $150
Carpeted Cargo and Floor Mats $170
Holographic Kick Plates (2-piece set) $130
Rear Cargo Cover $300
Cargo Net $25
Destination & Handling $850
TOTAL MSRP $35,255

I got this car for 28,000 before taxes and title registration but after dealer discount and NMAC 0% 60 month loan discount

Have applied for the 2,500 CA refund and looking forward to the Fed tax rebate of $7500 ..
Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City Bay Area California

maini said:
I purchased mine.. not leased on 5/25
2014 NISSAN LEAF® SV $32,000 * BASE MSRP
LED Headlights and Quick Charge Port Package $1,630
Splash Guards (4-piece set) $150
Carpeted Cargo and Floor Mats $170
Holographic Kick Plates (2-piece set) $130
Rear Cargo Cover $300
Cargo Net $25
Destination & Handling $850
TOTAL MSRP $35,255

I got this car for 28,000 before taxes and title registration but after dealer discount and NMAC 0% 60 month loan discount

Have applied for the 2,500 CA refund and looking forward to the Fed tax rebate of $7500 ..
Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City Bay Area California

Did dealer apply NMAC cash before taxes? I thought mfr cash was applied after taxes? Mine did unfortunately. Can you elaborate on the purchase details?

With the end of the 3500 rebate being yesterday, does anybody have any experience in how quickly/routinely new programs are offered or other relevant inside info? Starting looking for potential replacement as my lease nears the end.

thanks!

Current deal in Phoenix
2014 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $3,500 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers
Subject to residency restrictions. Customer may choose (a) special APR with NMAC cash, (b) standard APR through NMAC with NMAC cash. Financing is subject to NMAC Tier 1 through Tier 3 credit approval. $13.89 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 72 months, on all new above-noted vehicles in dealer stock. NMAC cash available when you finance through NMAC and is subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Offers end 07/31/2014

Wondering if i can get 2015 SV leaf for above offer ? ,did not reach out to dealers yet .Planning to do shopping in last week of july ;)

azguy said:
Current deal in Phoenix
2014 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months plus $3,500 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers
Subject to residency restrictions. Customer may choose (a) special APR with NMAC cash, (b) standard APR through NMAC with NMAC cash. Financing is subject to NMAC Tier 1 through Tier 3 credit approval. $13.89 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 72 months, on all new above-noted vehicles in dealer stock. NMAC cash available when you finance through NMAC and is subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Offers end 07/31/2014

Wondering if i can get 2015 SV leaf for above offer ? ,did not reach out to dealers yet .Planning to do shopping in last week of july ;)

In Seattle, the rebate is the same for the 15, but the interest gets slightly higher past 36 months. I think Edmunds is where I saw this, and confirmed with a dealer on the rebate portion. Making the rush to get deals on the dwindling number of available 14 models less of a rush. Also wondering whether a mid model year price cut could come. $3500 rebate in the first month of the model year seems like a crazy high incentive.

Back