Leaf Warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparky said:
Heck, even the Volvo I picked up at the factory in Sweden had 4 mi on it.
Anything under 200 is fine with me.

10 miles or under is just fine for transport and verification of operation. Anything over that and (IMO) they used the car as a demo of some sort.

The warranty is void if the car is exposed to "ambient temperatures above 120F (49C) for over 24 hours." This will never happen in the real world unless you leave the car in an oven, as I know of no place on the earth where night-time temperatures exceed 120F. So no concern there.

"Charging the lithium-ion battery full on a daily basis despite the lithium-ion battery keeping a high state of charge level (98-100%)" Now this is something to watch out for. One simple solution would be to be sure to use the 80% charge mode whenever the car will be stored for an extended period of time.

Ok, so the powertrain and EV system warranty is only 5 years and is transferable. Other parts, 3 years. That's rather disappointing and makes the lease all the more appealing. It also makes the battery's 8-year warranty all the more incredible. Nissan must have a huge amount of confidence in their battery. But I always considered Nissan to be a highly reliable respected brand, so why such a short powertrain warranty??

5 years drivetrain is the standard Nissan warranty, 6 years drivetrain for Infiniti. Bumper to bumper 3 Nissan / 4 Infiniti. 8 year battery is not necessarily an indicator of confidence, Toyota Prius and Chevy Volt have 8 year battery warranties. Warranties are usually set to optimize competative stance in the market, hence Hyundai, when stuggling, started 5/10..to their credit they have kept it. Honda is 3 years drive-train.

Back