List of Nissan Dealers who will sell LEAF for MSRP or Less

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miller Nissan in Van Nuys, CA (LA area) offered us less than MSRP ($1000 off plus free accessory).

Troy was our guy.

hvera said:
Miller Nissan in Van Nuys, CA (LA area) offered us less than MSRP ($1000 off plus free accessory).

Troy was our guy.

got the same deal (except I didn't ask for the free accessory-some day I'll up my haggle-game)

anyway, thanks Troy!

Don't go to this guy. He couldn't wait for me to reject the $3000 above MSRP.
He says he has people willing to pay $10,000 over MSRP.

Dealer info:
Vehicle Price $38510.00
Destination $820.00
Fees/DMV $548.75
Sales Tax $3638.03
Total $43,516.78

Dealer Name:
Eric Scheper
South County Nissan
Gilroy
(408) 842-1777

venamartin said:

Dealer info:
Vehicle Price $38510.00
Destination $820.00
Fees/DMV $548.75
Sales Tax $3638.03
Total $43,516.78

Dealer Name:
Eric Scheper
South County Nissan
Gilroy
(408) 842-1777

WHAT??? This is a joke, right? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My nearest dealer in Gilroy, CA sent a quote $3,000 over MSRP. When I called, they were very defensive, said the demand warrants $10,000 over MSRP, and claimed that another dealer sells $7,000 over MSRP.

I called around and learned that Santa Cruz & Salinas dealers sell at MSRP. Cardinale Nissan in Seaside sell at $1,000 below MSRP.

The Nissan GUI for soliciting a quote makes it hard to change dealers. I suggest calling around and selecting your dealer in advance, so that when Nissan tells you that you can get a quote, you know which dealer you want... the quote and acceptance process is a breeze.

derkraut said:
venamartin said:

Dealer info:
Vehicle Price $38510.00
Destination $820.00
Fees/DMV $548.75
Sales Tax $3638.03
Total $43,516.78

Dealer Name:
Eric Scheper
South County Nissan
Gilroy
(408) 842-1777

WHAT??? This is a joke, right? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not a Joke -- I got the same quote of $3000 over MSRP, and same lame excuse (people willing to pay $10,000 over MSRP...blah blah blah). Boycott South County Nissan in Gilroy!!

That dealer does not understand the difference between immediate price on the lot and finding a low price dealer and waiting for the order.
But if they snag a few at $3000 over well bully for them and a sad day for the uninformed buyer.

garygid said:
He may have customers willing to pay $10k extra for a LEAF now,
but with no Orders, he will not have any LEAFs to sell.
gary your correct. He has people willing to pay that have not put a penny down and or on a waiting list.

More dealer scum.

garygid said:
Not dealer scum, but people with $$ who do not need to save a few thousand.

I believe that (essentially) all dealers have such a list to help them dispose of orphan LEAFs.

It makes you wonder if this dealer's rep was asleep during the Leaf Certification Training. The dealership may be Leaf certified (I assume in order to take an order), but clearly they don't understand the sales process for the Leaf.

Not all dealers have guys as sharp as our dealer crew here.

I wish I knew about this forum when I was going through the Leaf ordering process!! Clearly I was stupid not to call around, but for some reason I didn't think that when I had to pick a dealer many months ago, that would permanently screw us later. :(

We are stuck with the Serramonte Nissan folks (Serramonte/Daly City, CA). The sales guy there (Claudio Teehankee) has been rude, never wants to answer any of our questions, and when we asked about negotiating the price, he said we were lucky that we were only getting charged MSRP because "everyone" else was charging over MSRP.

My friend got his from Hanlee's Nissan in Davis. Sales person was Soo Cho, who gave my friend 2% above invoice (a little over $2000 off MSRP, I think). I would definitely go with her if I could. Nissan USA won't let you switch after you pick the dealer online.

When Nissan re-opens the reservations system in May, tell all your friends to pick their dealer wisely and learn from my mistake!

I've just placed an order with Connell Nissan, Costa Mesa, Ca. Can anyone who has dealt with them recently tell me what "additional" fees like dealer prep they tack on. While I have an agreed on price, $1000 off MSRP, plus $850 destination, $55 doc, tax, title, and license I'm wondering what other fees I should be prepared for or can contest.

brownga said:
I've just placed an order with Connell Nissan, Costa Mesa, Ca. Can anyone who has dealt with them recently tell me what "additional" fees like dealer prep they tack on. While I have an agreed on price, $1000 off MSRP, plus $850 destination, $55 doc, tax, title, and license I'm wondering what other fees I should be prepared for or can contest.
For a straight-up cash purchase, it's been a long time since I've seen a reputable dealer try to jimmy fees into the contract. That was more rampant in the '90s.

850 Destination is fixed (was $820)
Documentation is $45 or $55 depending on i-don't-know-what. Mossy was $45
Title/Registration is set by the DMV. I paid $477.00
Sales tax is standard rate for the registration address of the car (includes Dest fee)
CA Tire tax is $1.75/wheel, or $7 total.

And that should be absolutely it on the documentation.
Now, if you add things to the sticker or contract, that's up to you. Possible adds are:
- Extended Warranty
- Teflon sealant (interior/exterior)
- Pinstriping
- Window tint
- Dealer-added alarm system
- Lojack
- "market adjustment", which is simply an honestly-labeled dealer profit (for orphans)

brownga said:
Don't worry about Connell. Whatever you agreed on in your RAQ is what you get. There will be a soft sell for the extended warranty by the finance guy who accepted our first "no, not interested" with grace. That was it. The best buying experience we have ever had for a car. :D

Back