Low side and High side A/C charge specs needed for 2012 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The label also says "ND-OIL11 NON FLUORESCENT OIL". Since the compressor is hermetically sealed and operates at higher voltage than typical household air conditioners, the oil type is critical.

Edit: I forgot to note the above information is from my 2011, but I think the 2012's were the same air conditioning system.

Gerry

Well I can tell you with A/C systems, you will probably never see pressures on a sticker. The reason for that is Ambient Temperature, Barometric pressure, and even elevation can lead to different numbers being "normal". My leaf in Iowa would have different pressure numbers than a leaf in Texas as an example. There are average numbers for high/low pressures, but then again they are average. I've seen too many videos on A/C systems both home and auto and they both say the same thing. There is no "standard" high/low pressures.

As with any electric powered automotive AC system you need to be diligent to not contaminate the system with conventional AC oil. Even a small amount of oil can break down the insulation in the compressor motor and cause a failure.

Back