Nashville/Middle TN LEAF Gathering -- August 28th, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Had a blast today, meeting you all. Thanks for answering so many of my questions! That was cool, seeing so many Leafs in one place. Hopefully at our next meet up, mine will be there, too. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Your delivery date is THIS CLOSE eleaf

Greenbriar, that will be a good trip for the LEAF down to Smyrna if we chose that location again. I had 4 bars left when I stopped at Goodlettsville (though I did stop off in downtown Nashville on the way back). I couldn't get the chargepoint charger to come on at the library there in Godlettsville, my card isn't activated yet dag-nab-it. Had plenty to get home anyway. You may want to get a Chargepoint RFID card since the Goodlettsville library isn't that far from you.

Look forward to you bringing the LEAF instead of the guzzler next time!!

Got an email today from Nissan-before I opened it, I thought, "oh no, don't tell me there's a delay" but it was only an email saying my car should be at dealership "soon" which I hope is true as delivery date is "week of Sept. 5"...
JP- is a chargepoint card different from the blink card??? Got the Blink card already. If I need the chargepoint card, how do I get one?
Thanks,
jill

Eleafgrrl said:
JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Had a blast today, meeting you all. Thanks for answering so many of my questions! That was cool, seeing so many Leafs in one place. Hopefully at our next meet up, mine will be there, too. Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Your delivery date is THIS CLOSE eleaf

Greenbriar, that will be a good trip for the LEAF down to Smyrna if we chose that location again. I had 4 bars left when I stopped at Goodlettsville (though I did stop off in downtown Nashville on the way back). I couldn't get the chargepoint charger to come on at the library there in Godlettsville, my card isn't activated yet dag-nab-it. Had plenty to get home anyway. You may want to get a Chargepoint RFID card since the Goodlettsville library isn't that far from you.

Look forward to you bringing the LEAF instead of the guzzler next time!!

Got an email today from Nissan-before I opened it, I thought, "oh no, don't tell me there's a delay" but it was only an email saying my car should be at dealership "soon" which I hope is true as delivery date is "week of Sept. 5"...
JP- is a chargepoint card different from the blink card??? Got the Blink card already. If I need the chargepoint card, how do I get one?
Thanks,
jill

ChargePoint RFID cards can be ordered from http://www.mychargepoint.net/ they are just $4.95 to access free chargers, all Tennessee ChargePoints (all 4 of them) are free right now.

I'm going to see if I can register my Blink RFID card with the Charge-point account. Based on your question it just occurred to me they may share RFID technology. I'll let you know if my blink card works with the ChargePoint account or not.

JPWhite said:
I'm going to see if I can register my Blink RFID card with the Charge-point account. Based on your question it just occurred to me they may share RFID technology. I'll let you know if my blink card works with the ChargePoint account or not.

Looks like you have to have a Chargepoint RFID card to operate a Chargepoint charger. Couldn't associate my Blink Card to the Chargepoint account. I'll have to wait for mine in the mail. Shame the networks don't share cards.

JPWhite said:
ChargePoint RFID cards can be ordered from http://www.mychargepoint.net/ they are just $4.95 to access free chargers, all Tennessee ChargePoints (all 4 of them) are free right now.

Of the 4 in Tennessee, only 2 of them are public accessible (the 2 at the library). The 2 downtown are listed as "for employee use only" in a parking garage, these two are also only 120v outlets (read: level 1 access).

Several months back I used their website to suggest at least 5 different areas to install EVSEs. Shopping center, movie theatre and a few other places came to mind. Would be nice to see more public EVSEs installed around TN. It would give us more options for another LEAF meet-up too!

TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:

Of the 4 in Tennessee, only 2 of them are public accessible (the 2 at the library). The 2 downtown are listed as "for employee use only" in a parking garage, these two are also only 120v outlets (read: level 1 access).

Several months back I used their website to suggest at least 5 different areas to install EVSEs. Shopping center, movie theatre and a few other places came to mind. Would be nice to see more public EVSEs installed around TN. It would give us more options for another LEAF meet-up too!
Just registered my Blink card today and asked about compatablility with ChargePoint and they said "not yet"...hmm. Guess I will start a card collection and get the ChargePoint one, too as Goodlettesville IS in my area (right down the hill from me) and I might need a charge someday to get back UP the hill!

Eleafgrrl said:
Just registered my Blink card today and asked about compatablility with ChargePoint and they said "not yet"...hmm. Guess I will start a card collection and get the ChargePoint one, too as Goodlettesville IS in my area (right down the hill from me) and I might need a charge someday to get back UP the hill!

I've put an envelope in the glove box marked 'RFID Cards' to keep my collection together. They are then all available for Karen as well if she finds herself in need of a charge.

Don't forget that the chargepoint chargers can be activated with your phone as long as you have one card registered to your account. So if you forget it there is another way.

rslatkin said:
It was great to meet everyone. I can't wait to get my Leaf in Georgia in November!

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

It was good to meet you too! Have fun at the Con this weekend. :)

I'm curious as to when you placed your order? I had the impression when we talked at the get-together that it was about the same time as me -- in my case Aug 8th. Just trying to figure out how come you have an estimated delivery date, and mine still says "Pending". :-/ No biggie, just curious.

Cheers, Bert

Hey Guys and Gals,

I put some pictures up on the web of our 1st meet-up here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105941281945686376371/1stNissanLeafOwnersMeeting#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!

Ralph

I wonder if u all want to get together again... :)

Let me suggest that we all "nag" Nissan on when they are planning to have the opening Ceremony for the 18 - yes 18 "eighteen" solar assisted AV chargers available in front of their HQ next to the employee parking facility.

I have sent several emails, and Facebook queries to them - but they are as still as the batteries that are in the LEAF.

According to some insider I asked about it at Nissan HQ - they should be ready sometime next week.

Honestly I really hate the way Nissan corresponds with us - aaaarg not - almost like 99% of there business is 'counter EV' friendly - I guess they are getting to much pressure from there "rotten" Dealers, not to promote the LEAF any further in the HOME turf.

If I where the marketing Boss - or even Carlos Ghosn himself I would kick there A... if they didn't use every chance to ride the wave of promotion that crests - like a surfer would (a I am not one, but...).

So let's nag them - let's see if we can't get that big Walrus mov'n here in TN....

ralphmc said:
I wonder if u all want to get together again... :)

Let me suggest that we all "nag" Nissan on when they are planning to have the opening Ceremony for the 18 - yes 18 "eighteen" solar assisted AV chargers available in front of their HQ next to the employee parking facility.

I have sent several emails, and Facebook queries to them - but they are as still as the batteries that are in the LEAF.

According to some insider I asked about it at Nissan HQ - they should be ready sometime next week.

Honestly I really hate the way Nissan corresponds with us - aaaarg not - almost like 99% of there business is 'counter EV' friendly - I guess they are getting to much pressure from there "rotten" Dealers, not to promote the LEAF any further in the HOME turf.

If I where the marketing Boss - or even Carlos Ghosn himself I would kick there A... if they didn't use every chance to ride the wave of promotion that crests - like a surfer would (a I am not one, but...).

So let's nag them - let's see if we can't get that big Walrus mov'n here in TN....

I have a contact inside Nissan in their IT department. Let me see what happens if I pull his chain.

kg4bec said:
rslatkin said:
It was great to meet everyone. I can't wait to get my Leaf in Georgia in November!

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

It was good to meet you too! Have fun at the Con this weekend. :)

I'm curious as to when you placed your order? I had the impression when we talked at the get-together that it was about the same time as me -- in my case Aug 8th. Just trying to figure out how come you have an estimated delivery date, and mine still says "Pending". :-/ No biggie, just curious.

Cheers, Bert

Yes, I placed my order August 8. My dashboard says estimated delivery November 2011.

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Great pics, Ralph! Thanks for posting!!

OK I'm dying to know. Did you get your car yesterday? Let us know how it's working out :)

Sorry, I haven't been on this site for a few days...So, yes I got my car on Saturday morning! We met at dealership at 9am, went smoother than expected... Have had fun learning all the gadgets. As of this morning, we have driven 178 miles at a total cost of $3.84 worth of electricity. On the way home from the dealership, we stopped at Lazzaroli Pasta down town and had a crowd gathered by the time we left, checking it out. Today, I drove downtown and back, then ran errands in Greenbrier and still had 29 miles left so this car is definitely perfect for me. Still learning but having fun and loving it!! Thanks for asking, looking forward to our next meet-up!!

Eleafgrrl said:
JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Great pics, Ralph! Thanks for posting!!

OK I'm dying to know. Did you get your car yesterday? Let us know how it's working out :)

Sorry, I haven't been on this site for a few days...So, yes I got my car on Saturday morning! We met at dealership at 9am, went smoother than expected... Have had fun learning all the gadgets. As of this morning, we have driven 178 miles at a total cost of $3.84 worth of electricity. On the way home from the dealership, we stopped at Lazzaroli Pasta down town and had a crowd gathered by the time we left, checking it out. Today, I drove downtown and back, then ran errands in Greenbrier and still had 29 miles left so this car is definitely perfect for me. Still learning but having fun and loving it!! Thanks for asking, looking forward to our next meet-up!!

Glad it's working out for you Jill.

Yes, the cost savings are nice. I've spent just over $45 to do 1,500 miles in the LEAF. Just filled my wife's car up tonight, cost over $50, and gas has gone down lately !! Yikes!!

Shame the range isn't greater on the EV's. I'd have two of them rather than mess with gas if I could get away with it.

I now think of my LEAF as my little Mercedes it drives so well.

Happy Motoring!!

rslatkin said:
Yes, I placed my order August 8. My dashboard says estimated delivery November 2011.

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate it. I'm still in "pending" land. Sigh.

However... I cannot edit my color any more, so I take it that means my car has been built! Or at least, painted, which is one of the last steps in the build process. So I'm one step closer. :)

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
rslatkin said:

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate it. I'm still in "pending" land. Sigh.

However... I cannot edit my color any more, so I take it that means my car has been built! Or at least, painted, which is one of the last steps in the build process. So I'm one step closer. :)

Cheers, Bert

Yay! Soon enough your Leafs will be here! We all know how it feels to have to wait for the Leaf! The night before I picked mine up, I was like a kid the night before Christmas! I could barely sleep...it is SOOOO worth the wait!! :D

Back