Nashville/Middle TN LEAF Gathering -- August 28th, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eleafgrrl said:
kg4bec said:
rslatkin said:
Yes, I placed my order August 8. My dashboard says estimated delivery November 2011.

Thanks Rachel, I appreciate it. I'm still in "pending" land. Sigh.

However... I cannot edit my color any more, so I take it that means my car has been built! Or at least, painted, which is one of the last steps in the build process. So I'm one step closer. :)

Cheers, Bert

...The night before I picked mine up, I was like a kid the night before Christmas! I could barely sleep...it is SOOOO worth the wait!! :D

Haha, I was the same exact way!

Eleafgrrl said:
Yay! Soon enough your Leafs will be here! We all know how it feels to have to wait for the Leaf! The night before I picked mine up, I was like a kid the night before Christmas! I could barely sleep...it is SOOOO worth the wait!! :D

Not soon enough for me, I'm SOOOO ready for it to be here, now that I've had a chance to drive one (and thanks to Ralph, ride in one too :) )

I'm going to do another test drive (hopefully) on Tuesday and concentrate on more of the doodads, widgets and thingummies, as well as testing the hill-start procedure (set the hand brake and then try to accelerate away to see that it releases automatically). I want to go through some of the information screens as well, and see what the GPS is like.

I'm really glad you're enjoying your LEAF! Slight tinge of green with envy but I'll get over that in... oh... December some time! :)

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Yay! Soon enough your Leafs will be here! We all know how it feels to have to wait for the Leaf! The night before I picked mine up, I was like a kid the night before Christmas! I could barely sleep...it is SOOOO worth the wait!! :D

Not soon enough for me, I'm SOOOO ready for it to be here, now that I've had a chance to drive one (and thanks to Ralph, ride in one too :) )

I'm going to do another test drive (hopefully) on Tuesday and concentrate on more of the doodads, widgets and thingummies, as well as testing the hill-start procedure (set the hand brake and then try to accelerate away to see that it releases automatically). I want to go through some of the information screens as well, and see what the GPS is like.

I'm really glad you're enjoying your LEAF! Slight tinge of green with envy but I'll get over that in... oh... December some time! :)

Cheers, Bert

How was your test drive? I am not the most tech savvy person but have found the car to be user friendly with all the doodads, widgets and thingummies. I haven't really used the GPS yet, tho. Biggest problem so far is the "new toy" thing. Hubs is taking it to work today AGAIN... :D

Eleafgrrl said:
How was your test drive? I am not the most tech savvy person but have found the car to be user friendly with all the doodads, widgets and thingummies. I haven't really used the GPS yet, tho. Biggest problem so far is the "new toy" thing. Hubs is taking it to work today AGAIN... :D

Hi Jill,

Regrettably I haven't had a chance to do another test drive yet because either I've been busy or the car hasn't been available because it's being shown around the various TV and radio stations -- so it's on a press junket! :)

Possibly near the end of this week or early next week will be my next opportunity. I'm patient... I'll wait... :)

Cheers, Bert

kg4bec said:
Eleafgrrl said:

Hi Jill,

Regrettably I haven't had a chance to do another test drive yet because either I've been busy or the car hasn't been available because it's being shown around the various TV and radio stations -- so it's on a press junket! :)

Possibly near the end of this week or early next week will be my next opportunity. I'm patient... I'll wait... :)

Cheers, Bert

If you make any plans to visit the Smyrna airport again, I'm not very far away and would be happy to drop by and let you take my LEAF for a test drive. I recall you mentioning wanting to play around with the NAV and the little features in the LEAF that you didn't get to before. Maybe allowing me to ride shotgun in your airplane for a quick flyover Smyrna would work as repayment :lol: We could even get some aerial photos of the Nissan construction site for the EV add-on!

In all seriousness, send me a message/email if you wanted to make a trip up to Smyrna and test drive the LEAF.

TNleaf said:
If you make any plans to visit the Smyrna airport again, I'm not very far away and would be happy to drop by and let you take my LEAF for a test drive. I recall you mentioning wanting to play around with the NAV and the little features in the LEAF that you didn't get to before. Maybe allowing me to ride shotgun in your airplane for a quick flyover Smyrna would work as repayment :lol: We could even get some aerial photos of the Nissan construction site for the EV add-on!

In all seriousness, send me a message/email if you wanted to make a trip up to Smyrna and test drive the LEAF.

You're on! I'll certainly try to make the next TN meeting if the weather holds (it's ALL about the weather) and if I get another pretty day one weekend in the meantime I might just jump in the plane and come on up there.

Of course you're welcome to come for a ride in the plane, no worries there. Don't forget to bring a camera. :)

So yes, I will call or email if it looks like another trip to Smyrna is doable. :) Thank you for the offer!

Cheers, Bert

rslatkin said:
kg4bec said:
rslatkin said:
It was great to meet everyone. I can't wait to get my Leaf in Georgia in November!

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

It was good to meet you too! Have fun at the Con this weekend. :)

I'm curious as to when you placed your order? I had the impression when we talked at the get-together that it was about the same time as me -- in my case Aug 8th. Just trying to figure out how come you have an estimated delivery date, and mine still says "Pending". :-/ No biggie, just curious.

Cheers, Bert

Yes, I placed my order August 8. My dashboard says estimated delivery November 2011.

Rachel,
Any update on your delivery date? Bert is getting his around Dec. 2nd in AL. and I was wondering how the Georgia deliveries were going...
Jill

Back