NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rslatkin said:
As frustrated as I am with the reliability so far of the Blink quick chargers, my trip from Atlanta to Murfreesboro and back would not have been possible without Blink. The vast majority of the charging stations I used were Blink Level 2, and many of them look like they haven't been used much so far. Blink is making a large investment in the charging infrastructure before the cars have really arrived. I appreciate their commitment.
I admire your patience, perseverance, and tolerance of mostly having only the Blink L2 available to make such a lengthy trip. :cool:
Not sure I have that amount of patience.
With the Blink DCFC reliability uncertainty, I aborted driving to Knoxville today in LEAF. Instead took my 4 cylinder Nissan Altima SL to Knoxville. A pretty good ICE, but its acceleration and braking are a piece of junk compared to the LEAF. After driving a LEAF, the Altima brakes seem downright scary.
I drove by the Cracker Barrel Blink DCFC at Campbell Station Road in Knoxville, and both sides showed Emergency Stop this morning around 11:30. Possible that reset of the right breaker might have fixed, but uncertain and didn't have Blink RFID card or LEAF to test.
Didn'd have time to check the Athens or Cleveland Blink DCFC to see if they were available.
Hopefully the repair effort will be completed by mid June.

The QC at Nissan HQ sure works! I had a lot of driving around to do, court houses, law offices and so forth, and I planned the whole trip around the Nissan HQ. When I finally got down to about 20 miles I pulled into their QC spot -- was pleasantly surprised to see an ocean of Leafs parked under the solar panel awning in the employee lot; there was already one Leaf parked at an L2 and JP came in a few moments later in his Blue Leaf also to get a QC. I had not difficulties plugging in, and keeping the A/C running inside the car. It took 10 minutes on the clock to charge from 20 miles on the GOM to 90 Miles. The Leaf next to me was a Nissan company suit and a passenger and he said he would have JP go next because "we were customers" and he sounded very sincere too. JP and I chatted with him a for a few moments. I pulled out and headed on my way. All in all a very successful QC.

Now, let's hope the rest of the QC's will someday be as easy to use and actually work.

Dave

CWO4Mann said:
The QC at Nissan HQ sure works! I had a lot of driving around to do, court houses, law offices and so forth, and I planned the whole trip around the Nissan HQ. When I finally got down to about 20 miles I pulled into their QC spot -- was pleasantly surprised to see an ocean of Leafs parked under the solar panel awning in the employee lot; there was already one Leaf parked at an L2 and JP came in a few moments later in his Blue Leaf also to get a QC. I had not difficulties plugging in, and keeping the A/C running inside the car. It took 10 minutes on the clock to charge from 20 miles on the GOM to 90 Miles. The Leaf next to me was a Nissan company suit and a passenger and he said he would have JP go next because "we were customers" and he sounded very sincere too. JP and I chatted with him a for a few moments. I pulled out and headed on my way. All in all a very successful QC.

Now, let's hope the rest of the QC's will someday be as easy to use and actually work.

Dave

Great to meet you Dave!!

Here's my write up
http://wp.me/p1sK3k-bi

Nathan DID let me go first :)

http://www.wkrn.com/story/18672261/nissan-looks-to-hire-hundreds-of-new-employees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nissan looks to hire hundreds of new employees

Yates Services was hosting a job fair for Nissan's Assembly and Electric Vehicle Battery Plant in Smyrna in an effort to hire 1,000 employees Saturday.

The event started Saturday from 9 a.m. and was scheduled to run until 2 p.m. at the Murfreesboro Career Center located at 1313 Old Fort Parkway.

Nissan is looking to fill long-term, full-time positions.

Available shifts include nights, afternoons, weekends and rotating shifts for various jobs including assembly and production, material handling, industrial maintenance and tool and die maker.

The jobs start out at a minimum of $13.25. Benefits include 14 paid holidays, among others.

"These are great jobs, jobs that start right away and we have plenty of them," RJ Sherr with the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. "It's going to help a lot of families here not only in Rutherford County, but in surrounding counties as well."

Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver's license.

Due to the still unreliable Blink L3 units, I again had to abort driving my LEAF to Knoxville from Chattanooga today.
I checked the Athens Cracker Barrel Blink L3 around 1900 today, and neither side was in service.
Right side showed "Port out of Service".
Left screen showed "Will not return to service until Thursday 12:00 a.m."
Kind of a strange message as it was Thursday at 1900.

I don't trust the Blink L3 units enough to go to Knoxville yet.
So I won't be going to Nashville till they demonstrate some reliability.

There used to be an expression when something was not working we would say that it is "on the blink". I'm beginning to see how the charger got its name. I've been to a restaurant in Phoenix twice to have dinner and charge the car at the same time. There are two Blink chargers there and each time one of them was not working. But then if the glass is half full at least one of them was working so I guess you can look at it that there's always a spare.

Blink posted an update about the quick chargers in Tennessee to their support page:

http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" Hi Rachel, thank you being patient as we roll out our new hardware and
software updates for the BLINK DCFCs. In Tennessee, we are currently
running field tests on all BLINK DCFCs and anticipate that by the end
of two weeks we will complete the upgrades and the chargers will be
fully functional by then!"

Thanks Rachel.
Full link:
http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink/topics/blinkmap_quick_chargers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had to hunt a while to find it.
Currently plan to be up within two weeks from 06-17-2012, which is by July 1.
So they're two weeks behind their original plan.
Blink needs a lot of improvement.

TimLee said:
Thanks Rachel.
Full link:
http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink/topics/blinkmap_quick_chargers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had to hunt a while to find it.
Currently plan to be up within two weeks from 06-17-2012, which is by July 1.
So they're two weeks behind their original plan.
Blink needs a lot of improvement.

TimLee,

Thank you for sharing this!

I have updated my blog on a status of BLINK sites and current installation projects follow this link please:
http://ralphmc.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=639&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks

Ralphmc

In case anyone needed an update, the Quick Charger at the Murfreesboro Cracker Barrel was working without a hitch last night/this morning.

TNleaf said:
In case anyone needed an update, the Quick Charger at the Murfreesboro Cracker Barrel was working without a hitch last night/this morning.
And I was passing by the Athens, TN Cracker Barrel Sunday. Everything was perfect: two working cords on the L3, not ICEd... except the Blink app still denies that it even exists! This is the easy part of their job, monitoring if their stations are up and running. No one (OK almost no one) is going to venture out to use these things if they have no reliable way to tell before they leave home that it is working and some expectation that it will still be working when they get there. And Blink seems to be trying to expand into other states based on their stellar past performance :roll:

Leaf died, waiting for tow truck to take it to dealer. Tuesday, my hubs had the Leaf (of course) at work hooked up to the BLink charger, hit the climate control on button on phone, got in some time later and took off for home. He got about 200 yards and the car died, he was able to restart it but when he did the EV system warning light (the yellow car with exclamation point) came on. He made it home and when he plugged it in, there was no response from the car, never started charging. It had 59 miles on the GOM so I figured we would take it in to the dealer. I made an appointment for this morning and it is totally dead, not recognizing a key, nothing happens when we got in, tried both key fobs just in case but still nothing, it is DEAD. No lights, no sound nada! Uh oh. Will keep you posted on what happened. Should be fun getting it out of the garage...

Eleafgrrl said:
Leaf died, waiting for tow truck to take it to dealer. Tuesday, my hubs had the Leaf (of course) at work hooked up to the BLink charger, hit the climate control on button on phone, got in some time later and took off for home. He got about 200 yards and the car died, he was able to restart it but when he did the EV system warning light (the yellow car with exclamation point) came on. He made it home and when he plugged it in, there was no response from the car, never started charging. It had 59 miles on the GOM so I figured we would take it in to the dealer. I made an appointment for this morning and it is totally dead, not recognizing a key, nothing happens when we got in, tried both key fobs just in case but still nothing, it is DEAD. No lights, no sound nada! Uh oh. Will keep you posted on what happened. Should be fun getting it out of the garage...

Yes please keep us posted. Sorry to hear it gave up the ghost. Don't forget the free roadside assitance, Nissan should tow it for free. How many miles do you have on it now?

JP

Back