NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like we're in the same boat. Mine is scheduled for manufacture in June and delivery in August. Maybe our LEAFs will have sequential VINs.

I think there are far more LEAFs in middle TN than the spreadsheet reveals, although it would be nice to get their information on here (for statistical purposes). The father of my co-worker received his LEAF back in Feb, and I told him about the forum and mentioned the spreadsheet. I'm certain he hasn't joined yet, but it was worth a shot.

Just like a kid at Christmas, I need to learn to stop checking multiple times a day for an update on my dashboard; maybe the time will pass quicker if I stop.

Saw another blue LEAF in the wild today near the Vanderbilt Hospital. Talking with Stephanie Cox from ECOtality, Vanderbilt has plans to install more L2 chargers in some of the parking garages. I haven't been in any of the parking garages recently, so I don't know if any of these have been installed yet.

Was still exciting to see another LEAF around town in Nashville.

Haven't had much activity here, but just wondering if any other middle Tennesseans have taken delivery of their LEAF recently?

My DB still says August, so here's to hoping that I can squeak into July (or at least not slip past Aug)!

I'm in the same boat still. Month of August. I am also hoping this is over estimated and that when we are actually scheduled for production that that date will change to July. If we are scheduled to be built in June, it's not unrealistic to assume a July delivery is possible. Unfortunately for us here in Tennessee, the boats will hit port in Cali, then have to hit a train, then a truck, so it will be at least another 2 weeks added onto the typical Cali delivery timeframes once the boat hits port. Hopefully since June is practically here we will see an update email soon!

Newton Nissan has had a total of 3 hit the road so far... expecting 3 more this coming month. If Newton is your dealer, I know Justin will keep you in the loop about delivery updates as well. Hope you all get your Leaf sooner than later!

Have any more Tennessee LEAFers taken delivery (or are scheduled to take delivery) recently? I haven't spotted any other LEAFs in the wild, but I was told that a few more have been delivered, and at least 3 more are scheduled for delivery in the next few weeks (per Justin at Newton Nissan).

While out at lunch with some co-workers last week, one of them pointed to a car and asked "hey, isn't that one of the electric cars you're going to get?" But he was pointing at a Versa :lol: I pulled up some pictures of the LEAF and showed him some of the subtle differences. It was still a funny way to start up a conversation about the LEAF.

When going out to lunch at work, we normally rotate who drives, so it's usually a rotation of a G35, BMW 535, Xterra, or a Sentra. I think I will to volunteer to drive EVERYDAY once I get my LEAF. :D It definitely helps that we plan on getting a L2 charger installed here (but I'll believe it when I see it). C'mon August!

@TNLeaf, where do you work (if that's too personal, don't answer it)? I'd like to put a list together of places that have charging stations. I know the cars will have charging stations on their monitor... but is there a website that is keeping track of current ones and upcoming ones?

LocalLeaf said:
We ordered January 31 and took delivery of a silver LEAF on May 6.

Congrats! Silver was my choice of color, so if I see you around, you (and any other LEAFs for that matter) will be getting a big thumbs up from me! :D

I got one of the three from Justin at Newton, he brought it to me in Chattanooga (home is in Ooltewah).
My wife and I both really love it.
And with a little more than 500 miles on it, I ran the first numbers on variable cost (electricity) to operate it and couldn't be more pleased.
3.1 cents per mile!!! :D :D :D
Compared to 14.4 cents per mile for gasoline for my four cylinder Altima SL. And that doesn't include the 1 1/3 cents per mile for oil / filter changes on the Altima.
Only 21.4% of the cost of putting gasoline in a 4 cylinder Altima!!!
Now if the battery will last 100,000 miles, approximately 2900 discharge / charge cycles for my 35 miles round trip to work daily commute distance; and the battery replacement cost will start plummetting and/or charge capacity start improving a lot; then this will be a truly ground breaking technology.
As noted elsewhere on mynissanleaf.com, the vehicle range for driving that includes a lot of interstate driving at +65 mph speeds that are typical on the interstates in TN (even in the metropolitan areas), is more like 70 miles. A few people do report ranges up in the 90 to 100 miles, but that can only be done with conservative driving, in particular speeds less than 50 to 55 mph.
But the Leaf should become the primary (most miles driven) car for any household with daily commute driving under 45 to 50 miles round trip. Only the second car (less miles driven, the occasional longer range trip) may still need to be partly powered by gasoline or natural gas.
I do look forward to upgrading to a larger, more luxurious electric vehicle (possibly the Infiniti Electric). I miss having the electric leather seats and the Bose stereo, and the Altima is roomier and easier to get in and out of. The Leaf has only one horrendous error, and that is blind spot visibility. Nissan needs to send their idiot designers back to the drawing board immediately to improve this on the 2013 Leaf before they start manufacuturing it in Smyrna, and they need to correct the same stupid idiot designer problem on about 70% of the rest of the Nissan product line if they expect to improve their market share. But other than that one major flaw, overall we're pleased with Nissan's stellar Leading Environmnetal Affordable Family car.

Congratulations Tim. I got my Blue Ocean Leaf one week ago today.
Enjoy!
Brad in Nashville

brad said:
Enjoy!
Brad in Nashville

Awesome, Brad! Good to hear you finally got your Leaf. I hope to see you and your Leaf around Nashville.

For any Tennesseans (or anyone for that matter) that have taken delivery recently, if you could, please update your entry in the spreadsheet;

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

brad said:
Enjoy!
Brad in Nashville
Congratulations Brad. Glad you finally got your Leaf!
Sorry you had the delays, and I'm glad your letter to Nissan was successful in expediting delivery.
Did BESCO get your Blink installed? They did a good job on mine. A few glitches with it hanging up and having to be unplugged and plugged back in to reboot, but main irritation with it is that they only put an 18' cord on them. Why not the maximum length cord so you can either pull in or back into the garage and charge?
I'm curious when your Leaf was manufactured? My is VIN 2026, and was manufactured 03-10-2011 the day before the disaster, and was likely shipped to west coast after the disaster in mid to late April.
Curious as to when the glitches on your order happened.
Also a really big thanks again for your diligent comparison of prices from the various Nashville dealers. Justin Garza at Newton is a great guy. An excellent recommendation that I would second to anyone.
One last item, did you or anyone else have options missing?
Apparently the west coast facility isn't doing a very good job on quality. They left off the Eco package kick-plates, protection package, and couple other things that I've got to talk with Justin about getting Nissan to correct.

Hey Tim,
I just saw your post and forwarded it on to Justin. :) I can't believe the WC facility left those things out! I'll have Justin get you in the right hands to get this taken care of.

How are you liking your leaf? Have you been able to find charging stations in Chatanooga when you need them?

kelseypost said:
Hey Tim,
I just saw your post and forwarded it on to Justin. :) I can't believe the WC facility left those things out! I'll have Justin get you in the right hands to get this taken care of.
How are you liking your leaf? Have you been able to find charging stations in Chatanooga when you need them?
Really like the Leaf. Not many charging stations in Chattanooga yet, although I think the eV Project is installing 73 of them.
There are two Blink chargers already at the Doubletree Hotel.
Have tried them twice.
First time one had a fault that wouldn't clear, the other did start charging but didn't stay charging for the full 45 minutes I was parked because it only showed charging duration of 7 minutes on the Blink screen when I returned to the car.
Last week when I tried them both were hung up with message to touch the screen for calibration, but neither would clear.
Doubletree must not have them continuously connected to the Internet because they were way behind on the software version.
Plan to try them again in a couple weeks when I'm there, and if still problems will advise Doubletree.

That's too bad. Yeah, you should definitely let them know about that. I don't have a Leaf yet (still trying to convince my husband lol), but I really want one! By the way, my husband and I took a trip down to Chattanooga a few weeks ago. It was our first time to go, and we loved it! We went up to sunrise lookout (not sure if that's the right name) and looked over the mountains, and then ate downtown at The Terminal Brewhouse.. YUM! I can't wait to go back. Random side note, I wonder if a trip to Chattanooga is possible in a Leaf from Gallatin? It's about 145 miles... and I bet there's stations in Murfreesboro that we coud stop in.

Tim,
I got the Blink installed the day I got the car. It has had a few problems. The first day it wouldn't connect to my wireless network but the next day it did. I have to reboot and re-calebrate each time I connect it to the car to get it to charge. They say they will send someone out to check on it next week. I am curious how you determined the exact date of manufacture for your car. According to the sticker on the pillar behind the drivers door, mine was manufactured 3/2011. No specific date is noted. The only option I ordered was the floor mats and they were in the car when I picked it up.

Brad

The dealer has access to a database that includes the manufactured date. That and the other two dealer supplied dates in the spreadsheet were provided by Justin. Not too many people picked up on this though, as there's a dearth of manufactured dates in the spreadsheet.

kelseypost said:
Random side note, I wonder if a trip to Chattanooga is possible in a Leaf from Gallatin? It's about 145 miles... and I bet there's stations in Murfreesboro that we coud stop in.

So I know of a few places in LaVergne/Smyrna area that have EV chargers.

The first is;
LightWave Solar Electric LLC
3026 Owen Drive, Nashville, TN 37013

They are a Solar PV design and installation company. I have been by this area once, and have seen a Prius (not sure if it was a plug-in Hybrid) in their parking lot. I'm not sure if this is free or open to the public.

More recently, in Smyrna, a pharmacy Smyrna Rexall not only installed a 30 kW PV system, but they converted an ATM machine into a charging station that is free to the public. I don't know if "converted" means they replaced the ATM with a charging station or what, but my cousin was the one that called and told me that she saw it first hand. I'll stop by there pretty soon, and maybe I'll snap some pictures.

Here's the location if anyone is interested.

269 South Lowry Street
Smyrna, TN 37167-3007
The first "LEAF in the wild" I saw was actually at the car wash just up the street, so I wonder if it's the owner's car that I saw.

Here are 2 articles about that building:
http://www.environmentalleader.com/2010/06/14/smyrna-rexall-installs-30-kw-solar-roof-system/
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110522/NEWS/305220043/Rutherford-County-Briefs-ATM-Leaf-charge-station

It's not quite half-way between Gallatin and Murfreesboro, but the more charging stations the better!

Back