NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jwallace3 said:
Just FYI Nissan of Rivergate is allowing anyone who has a Leaf to charge at their location.

That's great, Newton Nissan is too. I think all dealerships should do that... they're all Nissan's right? Lol.

My DB updated this morning with a delivery of week of August 4th! One step closer! Still have no idea about ships. That one is still a mystery for me.

jwallace3 said:
My DB updated this morning with a delivery of week of August 4th! One step closer! Still have no idea about ships. That one is still a mystery for me.

Yay! Post pics when you get it ;)

jwallace3 said:

Nice. Glad to see you got an update on your DB. I'm the same way about ships, but really at this point, it doesn't matter. What's an extra month of waiting rather than trying to find out what ship our car is/was on :lol:

Maybe your delivery will get pulled in a week and we'll be picking up our cars at the same time. You're at the Rivergate dealership, correct? (I'm at Gallatin, but I'd have to pass by Rivergate on my way home)

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

Nice. Glad to see you got an update on your DB. I'm the same way about ships, but really at this point, it doesn't matter. What's an extra month of waiting rather than trying to find out what ship our car is/was on :lol:

Maybe your delivery will get pulled in a week and we'll be picking up our cars at the same time. You're at the Rivergate dealership, correct? (I'm at Gallatin, but I'd have to pass by Rivergate on my way home)

Yup I'm at Rivergate. Dealer just called and said he took delivery of a Leaf for the customer in front of me and it came in a week early. Told me I could come by and see it if I wanted. He's not picking it up until the 7th so I'm going to go down there shortly and check it out.

Leggedo said:
LeafFan, how are you liking your new Leaf? Getting use to driving and charging it?
Leggedo

I absolutely LOVE it! CarWings wanted a 'name' for my LEAF, so I named her 'Pepper'. I love driving it and sometimes when I'm not in a hurry, I maximize my M/Kwh (using the dash, I've achieved 6.8m/kwh). I rarely use the brakes by using the streets (staying off the freeways), timing the lights, staying in ECO, and keeping it in 'N' by using the CC. It's fun to put the pedal to the metal sometimes though and be thrown back in the seat. There have been no problems charging it at all as I set my car timer to 6AM to 6AM and don't use any timer on the Blink. It starts charging immediately to 80%. Only once have I overridden the timer and charged it to 100%.
I'm glad you didn't have to wait 14 months (over 8 mos. from order) like I did.
I just did some calculations today and I'm averaging about 41 miles a day which would put the first year of my 36 month lease/15K miles at 14,999 miles. :mrgreen:

U' all -

Downtown Nashville Nissan called yesterday: ... your car is here...

WOW so I arranged for pickup tomorrow, so I could get a few minor things like finances settled.

Well today I did manage to go by there and pick up the beautiful read 2011 Nissan Leaf the whole process took
2 hours and I was off to my work. Due to sometime constrains I had to take the interstate, and managed to put 58 miles on the car, arriving at work with still 35 miles remaining, was able to grow one tree still even though I was going more than speed limit and AC set to 77F outside 90F.

This car is awesome, and worth the entire wait, we are now in a new era of car history looking into a greener future!

ralphmc said:
U' all -

WOW so I arranged for pickup tomorrow, so I could get a few minor things like finances settled.

Well today I did manage to go by there and pick up the beautiful read 2011 Nissan Leaf the whole process took
2 hours and I was off to my work. Due to sometime constrains I had to take the interstate, and managed to put 58 miles on the car, arriving at work with still 35 miles remaining, was able to grow one tree still even though I was going more than speed limit and AC set to 77F outside 90F.

This car is awesome, and worth the entire wait, we are now in a new era of car history looking into a greener future!

Awesome! Congrats on the car. Seeing your VIN makes me happy, it shouldn't be too long before mine arrives.

Quite a few Nashviller's are getting their cars it seems. Perhaps a Nashville meetup is in order? (or at least gauge interest)

Most dealerships are setup that when a car gets invoiced to the dealer, it will automatically get listed on their website, even if the car is reserved or already slated for a particular customer. This is good for tracking LEAFs at dealerships, so I've looked at most of the dealerships around Nashville and here are the dealers that have recently added LEAFs to their inventory. Keep in mind, this doesn't mean they HAVE the car yet, but that delivery should happen within the next few weeks.

Nissan of Murfreesboro

Downtown Nissan
3622 (has been listed for at least 2 weeks, possibly an orphan?)
3919 (has been listed for at least 2 weeks, possibly an orphan?)

Nissan of Rivergate

Nissan of Cool Springs
3714 (has been listed for at least 2 weeks, possible orphan?)

I checked the spreadsheet, and none of the VINs were listed to anyone here, but maybe there's a MNLer that hasn't put in their VIN. I also checked pretty much every Nissan Dealer's website selling LEAFs, and if they aren't listed (ie, my dealer Newton Nissan) then their website didn't list any LEAFs.

My observation is that the LEAFs in the 3600-3900 range had been delivered to CA's around the last week in May and 1st weeks in June. The 4300-4500 LEAFs were delivered in CA's around June 15-20th, and since these have just been populated in TN dealer sites, it's about a 2 week delay for TN deliveries.

The one you listed at Rivergate is there. I went and looked at it yesterday. They just took delivery of it yesterday so I wonder how long it's been on their site. Does the system list the vehicle when they take delivery? Or when it's invoiced to them?

TNleaf said:
ralphmc said:
U' all -

Awesome! Congrats on the car. Seeing your VIN makes me happy, it shouldn't be too long before mine arrives.

Quite a few Nashviller's are getting their cars it seems. Perhaps a Nashville meetup is in order? (or at least gauge interest)

I would be interested in a Nashville meetup.

jwallace3 said:
The one you listed at Rivergate is there. I went and looked at it yesterday. They just took delivery of it yesterday so I wonder how long it's been on their site. Does the system list the vehicle when they take delivery? Or when it's invoiced to them?

Talking to Justin at Newton Nissan, it sounds like when the car is invoiced to them. So it could be on the website up to 5 days before the dealer physically takes the car. I had just checked earlier this week (ok ok, I admit I've been checking almost everyday :lol: ) and the 4000-ranged VINs just got listed today (or late last night).

I have a quick question for the Nashville Leafs. I live near Jackson (Medina, TN) and have posted on your thread a few times. When I last looked at the spreadsheet, which gives all Leaf order details, it looked like at least 6 Leafs were due for delivery in July, just from people who are forum members, with my car being one of the six. I had received my Vin# over a month ago, my Vin is 4806 and I was given at that time a week of July 6th estimate for delivery of the car. Earlier this week that estimate was changed to week of July 11th and now today I just received an email from Nissan asking me to log into my DB for an update on delivery, it is now showing delivery to be week of August 4th, what a "bummer". Just wondering what's happening and if others in Tennessee who were expecting July deliveries are seeing the same delay happening with them? Would appreciate your comments.
Thanks, Leggedo

Hey Leggedo,

I never got an email about my original DB update, and my est is week of July 29. I checked my DB as of today, but it hasn't changed. I also still haven't received an email, but I'll let you know if I see any changes. Hopefully you'll get an update soon.

kelseypost said:
I just saw this green website on twitter. It's interesting, but I'm curious to see what we think of painting our roofs white? whiteearth.org

Thanks for the link. You should put that link in a new thread (under 'Environmental'). It sounds like a great idea! How many coats would it take to cover Cayenne Red? Maaco? If I hadn't leased, I would do it Tuesday! :mrgreen:

I cannot find information about where public charging stations are located in the Nashville Area.

Where are public charging stations located?

Is there a list of stations or map I can refer to? Google does not be of much help.

Thanks.

LeafDriver said:
I cannot find information about where public charging stations are located in the Nashville Area.

Where are public charging stations located?

Is there a list of stations or map I can refer to? Google does not be of much help.

Thanks.

There aren't many currently. The Lowes at Vanderbilt Hotel was one of the first public use Blink chargers to be installed. There are chargers at all of the Nissan dealerships. Check out the plugshare app if you have an iPhone. So far it's the best resource I've found to locate chargers.

@Leggedo....I'm not sure if Nissan would do this, but yours is probably here in the US, but they may be wating to ship until the next batch comes in. So far there have only been 80 LEAFs sold in TN through June so its not like they're pouring in around here. My estimated Delivery is week of Aug 4th as well, but my VIN is much later.

Back