NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:
Revenge of the Electric Car opens at the Belcourt on Friday this week.

Anyone fancy a night at the movies? Opening night is expensive, but maybe later in the showing schedule?

We plan on seeing it some day OTHER than the opening night. We will probably see it on Saturday during the day (the 2:30 or 4:45 showing). We have a Halloween party that night, so the earlier showings look the best to us.

I wanna go see it, too! I think the opening night (Fri.) is sold out, at least that's what it says on the Belcourt website. Let me know which showing you are thinking of going to.
Thanks,
Jill

JPWhite said:
Herm said:
Perhps Leafers should leave a card on their dash with their cell phone number as a courtesy.

I carry a courtesy protocol card in the LEAF glove box. I place it on the dash to indicate when someone else can disconnect my vehicle and also provide cell number for them to contact me.

Here is an example of one such card. I modified it to suit my needs.
http://www.evchargernews.com/chargeprotocolcard.pdf

Great idea! I'm sure this will become a necessity once there are enough e-vehicles on the road.

Eleafgrrl said:
TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:
Revenge of the Electric Car opens at the Belcourt on Friday this week.

Anyone fancy a night at the movies? Opening night is expensive, but maybe later in the showing schedule?

We plan on seeing it some day OTHER than the opening night. We will probably see it on Saturday during the day (the 2:30 or 4:45 showing). We have a Halloween party that night, so the earlier showings look the best to us.

I wanna go see it, too! I think the opening night (Fri.) is sold out, at least that's what it says on the Belcourt website. Let me know which showing you are thinking of going to.
Thanks,
Jill

OK I've started a Facebook event for folks to sign-up and let each other know who's going.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139270289506225

How about 2:30 on Saturday? Some of us may choose to eat lunch at Boscos prior to the showing at 1pm for the 2:30 showing. Normally I'd pick Sam's place to meetup, but it will nuts due to the Vols playing away from home.

The movie is only on for a week, so it's this weekend or bust.
Their matinee rates are reasonable at $7.50 per ticket.

Each person responsible for buying their own tickets :)
I'll buy my tickets tonight once I have an idea that this showing is convenient for the majority of folks here that are interested in going. (I'm open to another time, but we can't spend too long debating it or we may run short of time to get tickets, so I picked a date/time - forgive me for being presumptuous).

Sign-up on Facebook. Post comments/suggestions here.

I'll call later today to get an idea if they are close to selling out or not.

The SO pointed out that the 445 showing is more convenient for us. So my vote would be for 445. Not meaning to be troublesome! :)

I would love to join too, but I have to work all Saturday, so I can only make it Sunday.

I actually saw that Belcourt Theater is playing Revenge of the Electric car all the way through:

Fri, Oct 28 @ 7:00 - Special Event (click here)
Sat, Oct 29 @ 2:30, 4:45, 7:00, 9:25
Sun, Oct 30 @ 2:30, 4:45, 7:00, 9:25
Mon, Oct 31 @ 4:45, 7:00
Tue-Thu, Nov 1-3 @ 5:30, 7:30, 9:30

http://www.belcourt.org/events?id=77154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I sure wish I could be there on the 28th of October to meet some of the other major roll players in our green Nashville scene.

Ralph

Eleafgrrl said:
I'm flexible so whatever day/time everyone else can make it, I'll be there. Did anyone else get an invite to the Friday night premiere?

OK let's do Saturday at 4:45. Maybe time for a drink/dinner afterwards.

Parking is always tough at that location. Behind Boscos/Sams is the best bet. On the street up from the Belcourt can also work if the parking lots are full.

I'll change the facebook page to reflect the new time.

JP

Eleafgrrl said:
I'm flexible so whatever day/time everyone else can make it, I'll be there. Did anyone else get an invite to the Friday night premiere?

We did get the email invite. I went ahead and claimed our tickets, it's for the opening and the after-show at Cabana, did anyone else get the invite or want to do that?

$40 a person was no go for us. But free is a different story.

I read that some people (in CA) didn't get their tickets in the mail until after the first showing... Snail mail.

Thoughts? Anyone else have the same idea?

I also got the email invite. I replied to express interest but, haven't heard back yet. So, I don't know whether I will get in on the "limited supply".

Brad

brad said:
I also got the email invite. I replied to express interest but, haven't heard back yet. So, I don't know whether I will get in on the "limited supply".

Brad

No invite here. Wonder what list or method was used to select invitees.

I purchased tickets for the 4:45 Sat showing for me and my wife. Anyone else is welcome to join us.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139270289506225

I responded to the email as well and have not heard back, however, from the CA premeire, people were saying it's best to call the number.

1.877 NO GAS EV, then select Option #1, then select Option #4

This will let you speak to a CS rep, and from there tell them that you got an invite to the Nashville premiere of "Revenge of the Electric Car" they will take down your information and get your mailing address etc. From there they should let you know that the tickets should be on the way.

Got the confirmation email. According to the email "there are no paper tickets for this special screening. Please just give your name at the door, and that will get you in."

Brad

brad said:
Got the confirmation email. According to the email "there are no paper tickets for this special screening. Please just give your name at the door, and that will get you in."

Brad

Just got the same thing. See you there!

TNleaf said:
brad said:

Brad

me too - Just got the same thing. See you there!

Ralph

ralphmc said:
TNleaf said:
brad said:

Brad

me too - Just got the same thing. See you there!

Ralph
In my inbox this morning:
Hello!

Great that you’re joining us Friday evening for the Nashville premiere of Revenge of the Electric Car. Please note there are no paper tickets for this special screening. Please just give your name at the door, and that will get you in. (Two tickets)

Details of the premiere and party are provided below. We plan to begin promptly at 7 pm so please allow plenty of time to arrive, find parking and get seated. And if you no longer can attend, please let us know immediately. Thanks and see you Friday evening!

Revenge of the Electric Car premiere screening
Belcourt Theatre
2120 Belcourt Ave.
Nashville, TN 37212
Screening: 7:00 pm

Premiere After-Party,
- featuring “Revenge” director Chris Paine, the Urban Green Lab team, and the Nissan LEAF
Cabana
1910 Belcourt Ave.
Nashville, TN 37212
8:45 – 11:30 pm

For more info about the film, please visit http://www.RevengeoftheElectricCar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Nissan LEAF Launch Team

I will see you all tomorrow night!

JPWhite said:
Got mine this morning as well. Since I already have Saturday tickets I'll be the only one not going :-(

I actually bought mine too for Sunday, and I believe it will be worth while to go see it again.

JP,

Could you please try to make it for Friday, so that we (the hardcore) LEAF owners are all there? :)

It would awsome to see there too!

Ralph

CHEVY VOLT SEEN IN CHATTANOOGA

My wife and I drove the LEAF to Hillbilly's Restaurant on Hixson Pike in Chattanooga for lunch today.

There in the parking lot was a Chevy Volt. I talked briefly to the driver as he was leaving the restaurant. He's had the Volt about three months. He had considered a LEAF, but wanted the extended range of the Volt. I asked him where he acquired it, and he said it was a fleet car from Texas (?).

He seemed anxious to leave, so I didn't get a chance to ask him about his EVSE, or how much his battery only mileage was.

Nice looking car. Bigger than I imagined, and very "normal" looking.

Steve

stevedj98 said:
CHEVY VOLT SEEN IN CHATTANOOGA

My wife and I drove the LEAF to Hillbilly's Restaurant on Hixson Pike in Chattanooga for lunch today.

There in the parking lot was a Chevy Volt. I talked briefly to the driver as he was leaving the restaurant. He's had the Volt about three months. He had considered a LEAF, but wanted the extended range of the Volt. I asked him where he acquired it, and he said it was a fleet car from Texas (?).

He seemed anxious to leave, so I didn't get a chance to ask him about his EVSE, or how much his battery only mileage was.

Nice looking car. Bigger than I imagined, and very "normal" looking.

Steve

It very much sounds like the guy who was at the recent national plug-in day event in Nashville on the 16th. He had bought a Volt in Texas and driven it to Tennessee. He seemed to enjoy his vehicle. Sounds like he gets around a fair bit, which is why he probably chose the Volt.

Back