NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I tried to quick charge yesterday at CB Stewart's Ferry. Everything seemed fine when the charge suddenly stopped at about 10% boost. The screen said my charge was complete but reported an error and my charge status at 40%. I tried several times to restart charge to no avail so I called Blink to start a problem ticket. I used the L2 pedestal instead which worked fine. We are the bug patrol!

fishfool said:
BTW, I tried to quick charge yesterday at CB Stewart's Ferry. Everything seemed fine when the charge suddenly stopped at about 10% boost. The screen said my charge was complete but reported an error and my charge status at 40%. I tried several times to restart charge to no avail so I called Blink to start a problem ticket. I used the L2 pedestal instead which worked fine. We are the bug patrol!
fishFool,

I drove by the Stewards Ferry L3 charger at Cracker Barrel today, and saw both charge point working fine, no errors on them. May I ask if you actually disconnected the charge plug from your car an put it back into holster onthecharger before you tried to restart charging again?

Ralph

Ralphmc,

Yes, 2 times on both plugs. The error does not report until you are actually cahrging. I put the plug in and locked it. The screen reports the lock in, I chose the %, pressed charge button, then the charge stops & reports the error. That's why I called Blink.

Tom

Fellow Leaf Owners,

I listened with disappointment to a story on NPR this morning. :( "Can the Electric Car Help Automakers Meet the 55 MPG?" was the query title. A more honest title might have been "Can We Kill the Electric Car Again?" Here is a link at the website: http://www.npr.org/2011/11/21/142464818/can-electric-cars-help-automakers-reach-55-mpg. Read and listen to the story yourself. If Glinton was going to voice an opinion at the conclusion, he could have included opinions of actual users of the EV. Maybe NPR needs some feedback.

Tom

fishfool said:
Fellow Leaf Owners,

I listened with disappointment to a story on NPR this morning. :( "Can the Electric Car Help Automakers Meet the 55 MPG?" was the query title. A more honest title might have been "Can We Kill the Electric Car Again?" Here is a link at the website: http://www.npr.org/2011/11/21/142464818/can-electric-cars-help-automakers-reach-55-mpg. Read and listen to the story yourself. If Glinton was going to voice an opinion at the conclusion, he could have included opinions of actual users of the EV. Maybe NPR needs some feedback.

Tom

I posted some feedback, it has to be approved before it will be visible. I too felt the title was misleading as well as some of the content. I see it's the first of 3 programs, so we can expect more of the same from folks who don't understand the subject very well.

The title although never really expanded upon, is interesting to me. I do feel if there is a change of administration in 2012/2013 the CAFE targets will be relaxed and we will see several EV models dropped from manufacturers product lines.

I posted a comment on the NPR website also. Perhaps others can comment on this form of journalism.

FYI, I drove through CB at Stewart's Ferry this morning. The QC station displays a "Terminal Out of Service" message on both screens. When it's broke I must croak!

Here's my response to NPR:

I wish you would stop believing all the Big Oil Company press releases. Would you buy a motorcycle and then complain that you can't transport your family of four on the thing? Not every mode of transportation is right for everyone. Why don't you talk to people who actually OWN an EV--Like me. I absolutely LOVE my Nissan LEAF 100% electric car. Over 3,000 happy miles, and I haven't once been stranded with no charge left in the battery. You buy and drive the thing knowing it's limitations--which are very few. I'm 64 years old, and this is the most comfortable, responsive, eco-friendly and just plain fun-to-drive car I have ever owned. Every friend or neighbor who has driven the thing is blown away with the pick-up, absence of noise, and handling of my LEAF. $3.00 of electricity gets me 100 miles of range. That's about 3 cents per mile. No gas, no oil, no anti-freeze, no transmission fluid, no emission test. Plus the LEAF will be manufactured here in Tennessee USA next year. What's not to like?

Steve Schmidt

JPWhite said:
Today blew.
Deer hit my LEAF did over $4k of damage

At least you are alive.. dont forget, the paint shop must remove the main traction battery if they have to bake the paint (in an oven). The door is aluminum and that will require special care to fix, most likely they will replace it with a new one, imported slowly from Japan :0

Is the hood damaged?

Herm said:
JPWhite said:
Today blew.

At least you are alive.. dont forget, the paint shop must remove the main traction battery if they have to bake the paint (in an oven). The door is aluminum and that will require special care to fix, most likely they will replace it with a new one, imported slowly from Japan :0

Is the hood damaged?

Minor dint to hood, that should be repairable.

Don't think I'll get a new door. First shop I went by was simply gonna repair the skin. Course it may not fit right after repair, so I'll make a noise about getting a new one. The wind noise is very noticeable due to the door being buckled, not sure if the seal will leak in the rain either.

Thanks for the info on the door being aluminum, I'll be sure to mention that to the adjuster.

JPWhite said:
Today blew.

Anyone know of a good body repair shop in the Nashville area? Not too impressed with the first place I went by?

Pics at http://jpwhite.smugmug.com/Cars/LEAF-Deer-Damage/20241245_VJ5ZxK/

So sorry, JP that does truly blow...I am glad you are okay, sad your Leaf got damaged...will ask around about body shops, if I hear of any reliable, HONEST ones, I'll let you know. Take care and try to have a good Thanksgiving.

JPWhite said:
Today blew.

Anyone know of a good body repair shop in the Nashville area? Not too impressed with the first place I went by?

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that! My truck has survived two deer strikes so far but I have a droopy front bumper to show for it! You're alive and hopefully unhurt so with any luck this will be just an inconvenience and you'll be back on the road soon!

BTW may I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving today!

Cheers, Bert

JPWhite said:
Today blew.

:( so sorry to hear that, JP. I hope you are okay and still are able to have a very happy thanksgiving.

Best of luck with the fixes. I'll ask around for good repair shops for you.

kg4bec said:
JPWhite said:
Today blew.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that! My truck has survived two deer strikes so far but I have a droopy front bumper to show for it! You're alive and hopefully unhurt so with any luck this will be just an inconvenience and you'll be back on the road soon!

BTW may I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving today!

Cheers, Bert

Thanks Bert. I hope you get your LEAF any day now !!

TNleaf said:
JPWhite said:
Today blew.

:( so sorry to hear that, JP. I hope you are okay and still are able to have a very happy thanksgiving.

Best of luck with the fixes. I'll ask around for good repair shops for you.

Yep all OK physically, its just the LEAF that is worse for wear. Thanks for any pointers you can provide with regard to body shops that do quality work.

I believe with Nationwide insurance that their adjusters estimate forms the basis of repairs done by shops of my choice. I get to see the adjuster Thursday. He's in our area every Thursday (except today of course). After that I'll get estimates from other shops and decide who will do a good job.

JPWhite said:
Today blew.

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I bet you're pretty shook up. Did this happen in Hendersonville by chance? A buck ran out in front of us last week in the middle of Vietnam Vet's... my husband saw it and swerved (thank goodness) but I was shook up for a while.

I'll ask Justin if he knows of any good places that do Leaf body repair. We're thankful that you're ok. :)

kelseypost said:
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I bet you're pretty shook up. Did this happen in Hendersonville by chance? A buck ran out in front of us last week in the middle of Vietnam Vet's... my husband saw it and swerved (thank goodness) but I was shook up for a while.

I'll ask Justin if he knows of any good places that does Leaf body repair. We're thankful that you're ok. :)

Hey Kelsey. No it was in Gallatin on the way to work on the 109 bypass just past Hancock. Yeah the experience does shake you up for a while. I've avoided deer in the past, but this time didn't even see the deer come from the side. The LEAF protected me well, its a well made car.

Back