Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final BC2BC rally party today, 4pm - 8pm at http://www.thesurfincowboy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; @TheSurfinCowboy #BC2BC #WCEH

Track us with Glympse groups !BC2BC

Wish I could make it out... working today and tomorrow so I wouldn't get there until its too late and then have to turn around and treck back home. Take plenty of pics! :)

I already have all the doors I need but printed a ticket out anyway. Foolish me.

I will be coasting down from La Crescenta Valley if anyone wants a ride.

TonyWilliams said:
gbarry42 said:
I'm going to assume I don't have to print out my ticket and that it was just to get a head count. I can display it on my phone, though.

Everybody who prints it out and brings it will be entered for a door prize.

We are on our way down... along with "EV Kittah" :D

0f2703b84625c8e7da23c6c83908bd7c.jpg

See all of you there!!

drees said:
suggest meeting up at the Oceanside Transit Center where people can top-off (for free!) while waiting for everyone. Topping off a bit should also reduce the amount of charging needed in SJC to get back home - for people in north county you could get enough to make it all the way back without charging!
I will be at the Oceanside Transit Center at appx 3:15 - will hang out for about 15 minutes planning on leaving at appx 3:30.

Looks like there may be some traffic on the highway, unfortunately!

Currently looking at getting to Oceanside with enough time for some charging. If there is traffic it might be better to depart early. Of course traffic is good for MPK numbers!

Thanks everybody for coming out. We awarded the winner right of this hear's BC2BC rally at 8pm.

The team of Georg Kuhnke and Jack Bowers in Jack's Tesla Signature Model S won the BC2BC-2013 All Electric Vehicle Rally, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexico, with a perfect score. They had both the quickest time and the best poker hand, creating a score of 1/1.

They were awarded a trophy and the Teslaccessories Center Console Insert.

In second was the ZERO motorcycle of Terry Hershner, and third was the Tesla Model S of Randy and Cheryl Taylor.

Next San Diego EVent will be in San Diego, California. All Electric Vehicles and EV industry are invited.

NEW VENUE !!!

At my house in San Diego for a Saturday BBQ... details to follow.

August 24, 2013

11am - 2pm

NEMA 14-50 and J1772 on site

To get on (or off) the San Diego EVent email list, send an email to:

[email protected]

Please note time change!!!

Next San Diego EVent will be in San Diego, California. All Electric Vehicles and EV industry are invited.

August 24, 2013

5pm - 8pm

NEW VENUE !!!

At my house in San Diego for a Saturday BBQ with burger and hot dogs.

12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, CA 92128

If you can't find parking in my neighborhood (which we will likely fill up), then please park on Sabre Hill Drive and walk in.

NEMA 14-50 and J1772 on site. There is a free CHAdeMO DC charger about 5 miles away at the Nissan dealer.

Mossy Nissan Poway
14100 Poway Rd
Poway, CA.
1-858-668-3600

To get on (or off) the San Diego EVent email list, send an email to:

[email protected]

I am thrilled to announce that I will be able to make this meeting! :) Wasn't easy getting time off, but the stars aligned. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to mount my Brusa under the hood a few days before the event.

JeremyW said:
I am thrilled to announce that I will be able to make this meeting! :) Wasn't easy getting time off, but the stars aligned. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to mount my Brusa under the hood a few days before the event.

So, how many amps will you need and what receptacle?

The 40 amp J1772 is reserved from 3pm-7:30pm.

There are two additional 50 amp outlets, one currently 6-50 and one 14-50, although I might add yet another 14-50.

TonyWilliams said:
So, how many amps will you need and what receptacle?

The 40 amp J1772 is reserved from 3pm-7:30pm.

There are two additional 50 amp outlets, one currently 6-50 and one 14-50, although I might add yet another 14-50.
We are going to have 2 Brusa powered Leafs there that will be thirsty!! :D

I have both 6-50 and 14-50's on my EVSE if I need to bring it? Just 7.2kw. Isn't that what your Clipper puts out? Or will you need another EVSE down there for all the vehicles?

Back