nissan leaf maintenance schedule

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
khum808 said:
I just took my 2015 leaf in for 15,000 mile service. got estimate of $262 for all the things they wanted to do (flush brakes, rotate tires, replace a/c filter, inspect a bunch of stuff). seemed steep and unnecessary. when i called, they said it would void my extended warranty if i did not do preventive maintenance. read through this thread and still not sure what to do, but sounds like the car shouldn't need all this and i could get my tires rotated at Costco. thinking of canceling my extended warranty anyway. any advice?

They can't void warranty because "preventative service" requirement is not mentioned in warranty terms.
Brake fluid should be flushed no more than once per 2 years.
Tire rotation has nothing to do with warranty (except tire wear). A/C filter should be replaced if there is a smell or air is not blowing hard.
You can do it yourself. You can even buy the filter from EBay.
Brakes should be cleaned/lubricated for optimal performance. If something really gets stuck there it might not be under warranty. It should never happen if you maintain them at least once per two years.

Tire rotation takes 3 minutes and takes 0 minutes if anything is done with brake pads. You can use LeafSpy to register TPMS sensors, actually you can just ignore that but if you have a flat wrong tire will be shown on the dash :D

Back