Nissan Leaf Test Drive Tour Reports (Oct 1-3)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mwalsh said:
That was you? That was me sitting next to you in the passenger seat! :lol:

So, there are no Nissan minders with the car when you drive (or was this a stationary Leaf you were sharing ?).

evnow said:
So, there are no Nissan minders with the car when you drive (or was this a stationary Leaf you were sharing ?).
There are no minders during the "pre-flight" checkout where you can sit in the car look under the hood, etc. Those two cars were stationary. During the actual test drive you have a Nissan employee in the front passenger seat who is in radio contact with other personnel with a headset.

Stoaty said:
evnow said:
There are no minders during the "pre-flight" checkout where you can sit in the car look under the hood, etc. Those two cars were stationary. During the actual test drive you have a Nissan employee in the front passenger seat who is in radio contact with other personnel with a headset.

Stoaty, can you bring a friend along on your test drive?

malloryk said:
Yes, you can. Several people did that. I think the other person has to register too when you get to the event. They asked me at registration if I had any passengers (I didn't).

Stoaty said:
malloryk said:
Yes, you can. Several people did that. I think the other person has to register too when you get to the event. They asked me at registration if I had any passengers (I didn't).

cool thanks!

I thought the white looked elegant, a little better than mwalsh's nice photo.

I liked the white too. I almost wish that's what I'd gone for now. But, no, I love the blue too.

Here is a link to the full res version of the white. Sorry it didn't come out quite as well as you might want...I had to run up and quickly take the picture between drives.

http://home.earthlink.net/~michael_walsh/images/IMG_4337.JPG

The red:

33786_445186854843_704969843_5085798_7572480_n.jpg

Stoaty said:
During the actual test drive you have a Nissan employee in the front passenger seat who is in radio contact with other personnel with a headset.

Hmmm ... I was hoping to drive the Leaf home. :cry:

Do they mind moving the minder to the backseat ? I'm sure my wife wants to see how it feels to ride in the passenger seat ....

ps : I forgot the biggest question. What exactly will the eco package look like ?! I hope it is just that 100% electric and not the long Zero Emission.

Which video do you want to see....the one where we ran out of SD card part way through or the one where the Leaf "crashed" and had to be [embarrassing] rebooted by a tech [/embarrassing]. Or both? :lol:

mwalsh said:
Which video do you want to see....the one where we ran out of SD card part way through or the one where the Leaf "crashed" and had to be [embarrassing] rebooted by a tech [/embarrassing]. Or both? :lol:

both! :lol:

Both video clips sounds good to me.

I try to tell them (since there will be bugs) to make the software & firmware upgrade easy (but secure) to download from the Internet and then "apply" from a USB Flash Drive at home, NOT requiring a dealer visit.

But, mostly, nobody listens to us "old guys" with 50 years of experience.
Their loss, I suspect. :lol:

Uploading the videos as we speak (it'll take a while)

Rear seat legroom with drivers seat pushed all the way back. Guy in the front seat while I was sitting there said he was 6' and was fine with the legroom. I am 5' 8".

58149_445190049843_704969843_5085883_1549565_n.jpg

garygid said:
Both video clips sounds good to me.

I try to tell them (since there will be bugs) to make the software & firmware upgrade easy (but secure) to download from the Internet and then "apply" from a USB Flash Drive at home, NOT requiring a dealer visit.

The embarrassing start thing was one of those deals where it wouldn't work for either of us (me and the Nissan guy) but the tech did nothing different and yet it started for him - a familiar scenario for anyone who has been involved in desktop support for computers.

Going back to the photos I posted of range and energy consumption, it appears that the display for climate control wasn't working on the one car either. Note how it didn't change with the AC either on or off.

mwalsh said:
... a familiar scenario for anyone who has been involved in desktop support for computers.

Did you guys have the power cable plugged in ? :lol:

SilverLeaf said:
sparky wrote:3) I really liked all the colors except silver (sorry Silverleaf). It just seemed kinda flat, like a VW Jetta silver.

Actually I (SilverLeaf) ordered Cayenne Red. It's a fantastic shade of Red.
I think you'll be very pleased.

mwalsh said:
I don't know how the car was driven to get this figure, but is ~4kWh more in line with what we were expecting? Looks like maybe they've fixed that part of the display.

24 KWh battery pack, 100 mile range - equals 4.17 miles per KWh. 3.8 seems reasonable to me given any variances!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back