No charger assessment No order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GeorgeParrott said:
So in middle November the VOLT will/should arrive and the charge point perhaps be installed at or before that time, and in December when the LEAF arrives....we will be more than ready for it.

Cool. First person I've seen getting both Leaf & Volt. This is the best way to reduce oil consumption and yet not have to compromise on mobility. Well done.

I went onto their chat and they put a waiver on my account so that when I get the "ready to order" email I will be able to check off on the waiver and place my order :D

I have a September order date. In my dashboard it still says Ecotality needs more info from me in order to get the free charger. Does anyone know if I will still be able to order? I mean maybe I should opt out of the free charger and get the waiver just so I can order? HELP!

I just was talking to customer support...They could not help me as the system is updating, but they seemed to think the update would have the waiver up on line...they know about this issue.

They asked me to check the site in a couple of hours and if I couldn't do the waiver myself, to call them again.

Gavin

Gavin said:
I just was talking to customer support...They could not help me as the system is updating, but they seemed to think the update would have the waiver up on line...they know about this issue.

The site is up & down all morning ... looks like their s/w vendors are burning the midnight oil ... or should that be midnight baseload/wind electricity ?

Thanks Gavin! Does that mean by signing the waiver, I will be out of the picture for the free charger?

jev77 said:
Thanks Gavin! Does that mean by signing the waiver, I will be out of the picture for the free charger?

If you get approved for the free charging station/dock, the dealer can just take off the $700. I'm in the same boat right now, except I am approved for the free dock, but Nissan doesn't know it yet so if it isn't resolved by ordering time, I'm just going to check the waiver, and order the SL plus DC port. I was told the emails will probably be sent out in the afternoon, but I forgot to ask what time zone, probably PDT.

I now have a Leaf on order without having the assessment done! If you don't want an assessment before ordering you need to call or possibly chat with Nissan to enable the waiver option. I was in such a hurry to get my oder through I read the waiver very quickly and did not think to take a screen grab or copy of the waiver. Hopefully someone else will think to do it.

To allow me to order initially I just scheduled an assessment far into the future. Once I accepted the offer from my dealer I canceled the assessment appointment. However doing so made the my account page incomplete. Calling this morning once I was able to log in Patrick was able to enable the waiver check box and now I am all set. He seemed to think the down time this morning was related to the waiver option being installed.

If your day to order has arrived, you have no AV scheduled, and want to order, call CS and get them to check your account's box to enable the "waiver".

Then, open the RFQ/ordering line and you should see a "waiver" link that you can use to get past AV and "order".

This checkbox is a new feature this morning, and still requires a new call to Customer Service (or perhaps "chat"). 1-877-664-2738

CS said that they "enabled" the "waiver" for my account.

However, in their wisdom, they did not provide any way for us to verify that until our account is enabled for ordering.

Oh well, not great news on the waiver front.

I was told this morning that it was enabled, and to wait for the system to update.

4 hours later, no waiver, so I call again. This time I'm told that the waiver will be there when I am able to order the car, ie, once I get a "you can now order your LEAF" email, that at that time the waiver will appear.

I am not loving this as:

I have to wait for the email...we know some people will be able to order before the email...most already did just that.
I have to trust that it will be there at the last minute...We all know the likelihood will be that I get an email, i go to site, there will be no waiver and I will have to go through this all again, while losing time and place in line.

I would like to sign waiver now and get that obstacle out of the way.

I will likely wait a bit and call again and try and get a supervisor, though I was hoping not to seem too pushy.

Gavin

garygid said:
CS said that they "enabled" the "waiver" for my account. However, in their wisdom, they did not provide any way for us to verify that until our account is enabled for ordering.

A big "thank you" to this forum for stating that a call/chat with nissan customer service can get you past the "no assessment -> no order" block. I don't think this is ever mentioned anywhere on their official website. I can confirm it is indeed a quick and simple process. Here is the transcript of my (steve) Live Chat with the Nissan rep (Daren):

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:50:54 PM (9/1/2010 6:50:54 PM - GMT)
Welcome to EV Customer Support, Daren will be right with you.

Daren:
Thank you for contacting Nissan Electric Vehicle Customer Support, my name is Daren. How may I help you today ?

Steve:
i received my email to request a quote yesterday, but i have been unable to proceed without scheduling a home evse assessment with AV. can you enable an online waiver for this?

Daren:
Hello, Steve. You are correct. I can enable the waiver for you, and I'll be glad to do that. Give me a few moments to access your account.

Steve:
great. thx. incidentally, even though i will be placing my order today, do you know if i will still be counted as the "august" ordering group?

Daren:
You got your ordering e-mail yesterday, correct?

Steve:
yes

Daren:
Great! You are still considered part of the August ordering wave then.

Steve:
yay. i was concerned that i might lose my place in line due to the waiver delay

Daren:
Don't worry, Steve. You will not lose your place in line. It is secured by your reservation date.

Steve:
i'm currently logged onto my nissan account. should i log off in order for you to do your edits?

Daren:
Thank you for your patience. I have enabled the waiver in your account. Please log out, and log back into your account for the change to take effect. You should now be able to place your order without scheduling an assessment.

Steve:
do u mind staying on for a min, just so i can double check i'm doing it right?

Daren:
I would be happy to stay with you, sir.

Steve:
ah, okay, i see a big yellow strip that says "show me the checkbox..." Looks like i'm good now. thx for all ur help

Visitor Steve has ended the chat.

I wish I had a "show me the checkbox"...

hell I even just now resorted to doing something I didn't think i would do...

Justin
Thank you. I can activate that option for you. Are you aware of the differences in the warranty Gavin?

Gavin
Yes...Very aware...I am a moderator over at MyNissanLeaf.com

gah...threw in the "i'm a moderator"...how embarrassing...as if it means anything...i am a loser.

ha, and it still didn't get me a "show me the checkbox" grrr

Gavin

ok, I got a copy of the waiver text for those that wish to read it:

"before you proceed with your request for a Nissan LEAF quote, please read and indicate your understanding of the following important information regarding your home charging dock.

while your Nissan LEAF does come standard with a 110V trickle charger which will take up to 20 hours to charge your batter, Nissan recommends you purchase a 220V charging dock which will take up to 8 hours to charge your battery. AeroVironment Inc. is the Nissan recommended partner certified to conduct the assessment and installation of the home charging dock for the Nissan LEAF. AeroVironment Inc. is knowledgeable regarding Nissan LEAF charging requirements, functionality and the recommended charging equipment. while you are under no obligation to use AeroVironment Inc., use of other charging devices may not be compatible with the Nissan LEAF. please electronically indicate that by not doing so you will be:

sourcing and retaining your own home charging dock installer and/or equipment
[or] not purchasing a home charging dock

I have read and understand the above information and I wish to proceed without a home assessment from AeroVironment Inc.

I'd like to schedule a home assessment with AeroVironment Inc."

Back