Not being in initial 7 states ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Timehorse, my commute is 34 miles roundtrip, but the parking garage I park at in downtown Boston has set up 2 EV/PHEV parking spots, as I have been speaking/emailing with the garage manager since I reserved the Leaf in April. They have the spaces each setup with a 20A-120V circuit, and a 30A-240V circuit... I started to tell them about EVSEs and the like, but I think I kind of lost her in the technical details :) at any rate, the 120V will be availble to plug it in while I am at work, so I should be doing my entire commute all EV. Even if both spaces are taken up I will still be mostly all electric, depending on the tempature. Volts seem to be getting about 30 miles EV range with temps at 32F (winter temps here).. The garage hasn't posted the EV/PHEV policy yet (there are no EVs in Boston yet, for the most part) but once EVs become more popular, I think the EVs will have priority for these 2 spaces (Versus PHEVs which always have the gas option), they are right near the garage office, and I think they want you to leave your keys so they can move around the vehicles, that would be my guess, but nothing official yet. They are also going to paint the spaces/wall "green" and have signage made up that sais something like "EVs only" or somesuch, they tell me they are going to make a big splash with the announcement soon, and good for them for taking this seriously.

BTW, this is a very progressive, forward thinking garage, and I do need to give them credit for taking my advice, investigating this, and moving forward and designating 2 EV spaces, at least it's a start. I am going to give you the link, so they get credit, and you will know where to park your EV if you visit Boston :)

http://www.posquare.com/facility.html

Here is a link to pictures I took of the outlets/spaces, they are so close you can read the circuit numbers :)

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/mitch672/EV%20parking%20spaces/

Mitch,
Congratulations, and thanks for keeping us posted on happenings and progress there. I look forward to following your experiences and learning a lot from your posts.
Cheers, Gary

mitch672 said:
The dealer sells at MSRP, no "additional dealer markup"
Mitch
Mitch - I must say that I am truly amazed that any dealership is offering to sell a Volt at MSRP. Having worked in the industry for over 20 years, I am still amazed at how many "old school" auto dealerships are still in existence. I am always pleasantly surprised to hear of some stores that actually want to have repeat and referral business, as a result of their initial contact with their customers. Too slowly the industry is improving. But it is always nice to see that improvement.

LEAFguy said:
Mitch - I must say that I am truly amazed that any dealership is offering to sell a Volt at MSRP. Having worked in the industry for over 20 years, I am still amazed at how many "old school" auto dealerships are still in existence. I am always pleasantly surprised to hear of some stores that actually want to have repeat and referral business, as a result of their initial contact with their customers. Too slowly the industry is improving. But it is always nice to see that improvement.

Some D.C. dealers have committed to MSRP; so far 2 of the 31 I've contacted. Of those, 4 have been reviewed; 2 have reviews I've yet to write up, 2 to 4 promised to get back to me, some of them never returned my calls or e-mail or in 1 case FAX, and the rest just don't get it, sending me constant fliers about the " " car I asked them about. :roll:

Back