November Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
Does anybody really know the order in which Nissan will deliver vehicles to those who have placed orders? I see a lot of information, often contradictory, on this site. When I called Nissan customer service they disparaged this site for spreading false information.
All the "information" here about order of delivery is just guesses.

As for Nissan customer service, they tried to convince me that Seattle suburbs are not included in the initial rollout :lol: I'm sure they don't like us - they can't escape with made up answers.

evnow said:
All the "information" here about order of delivery is just guesses.

This is what bothers me. With cars scheduled to be delivered next month and many firm orders placed, Nissan should tell people where they stand. Living in the Phoenix area, I know that a number of people have placed orders in Washington state. Now they debate about whether they will get delivery as anticipated because of the Nissan allocation system.

Quite frankly, if Ford could promise me delivery of their EV by next July I would switch even though I still think that the Leaf is a fine car.

The only people Nissan provides with hard info is the EV Project. The next contact I expect will be an out-of-the-blue call from an EV Project subcontractor wanting to schedule a date for EVSE install. That will be my first clue that I'm ~3wks from delivery.

After that, I expect about 6 weeks of fingerpointing before the car arrives, missing Hologram kick-plates because they're not yet in production. It will have an Eco badge on it, for no explicable reason, which they will eventually strike from the invoice under duress.
After I've been driving it for a week and a half, the Dashboard will show that my Leaf delivery date has been scheduled.
This pegs my Carwings activation at around March. Early March, if I'm lucky.

:lol:

Desertstraw said:
Living in the Phoenix area, I know that a number of people have placed orders in Washington state. Now they debate about whether they will get delivery as anticipated because of the Nissan allocation system.
Why ? Allocation system is for future orders. Nothing to do with orders already placed.

Quite frankly, if Ford could promise me delivery of their EV by next July I would switch even though I still think that the Leaf is a fine car.
LOL. You think Ford will deliver faster ?! BTW, they aren't even releasing in states other than CA in the beginning ... and they are completely outsourcing the whole design/manufacturing to Magna.

evnow said:
Desertstraw said:
Living in the Phoenix area, I know that a number of people have placed orders in Washington state. Now they debate about whether they will get delivery as anticipated because of the Nissan allocation system.
Why ? Allocation system is for future orders. Nothing to do with orders already placed.

LOL. You think Ford will deliver faster ?! BTW, they aren't even releasing in states other than CA in the beginning ... and they are completely outsourcing the whole design/manufacturing to Magna.

Magna makes good stuff and they are doing something very big things on the EV/Auto front that is going to be ground breaking.

EVDRIVER said:
Magna makes good stuff and they are doing something very big things on the EV/Auto front that is going to be ground breaking.
Nothing against Magna - just shows Ford's level of interest & commitment.

Infact the CEO has openly said many times that it is too early to make EVs ...

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:
Nothing against Magna - just shows Ford's level of interest & commitment.

Infact the CEO has openly said many times that it is too early to make EVs ...

Partnering may not be a sign of interest level and remember what Audi recently said about EVs. Despite all that I don't like the idea of converted vehicles.

We all need to look at the big picture with respect to EV`s. Nissan has done a spectacular job to get the Leaf ready for the mass market. Sure we can point to this or that that they could do better. Despite the few things we complain about they have done a GREAT JOB!!! I would however like to see more details on the battery warranty.

evnow said:
Desertstraw said:

I said "if".

EVDRIVER said:
Partnering may not be a sign of interest level and remember what Audi recently said about EVs.
From what I've read the the whole concept actually originated from Magna - who are obviously interested in EVs. Ford just went along ... so, as such I won't expect the same level of involvement my higher level Ford execs in Fosc EV (compared to Nissan or even GM with the Volt).

November is half over and I have not seen many recent reports of actual orders this month on this thread. Has there been a stoppage of order releases, or is there another thread I should be watching ? November is supposed to be my order month, but since I did not reserve until the night of April 21, there should be a lot of folks ahead of me who have not yet been given the opportunity to order.

tbleakne said:
November is half over and I have not seen many recent reports of actual orders this month on this thread. Has there been a stoppage of order releases, or is there another thread I should be watching ? November is supposed to be my order month, but since I did not reserve until the night of April 21, there should be a lot of folks ahead of me who have not yet been given the opportunity to order.

I reserved Leaf on 04/21/10 at 8:35 am PST, order month is November, still waiting :x

I reserved on 4/20/10 in the evening Pacific time, with a November order month, and I am still awaiting being able to order. I live in Oregon but am outside the EV project boundaries so I am not elgible to participate.

September the evse installation or waiver was being sorted out

October the allocation to dealers was getting sorted out

November apparently the estimated delivery date is getting sorted out along with allowing preproduction color change

December???

leaf561 said:
The wait is killing me now. With holidays coming up, it seems there are only 6 working days left in this month :evil:

Quit your whining! I bet if us Decembers orders aren't sent by 23 Dec, then the next batch ain't going out until about 5 Jan. :p

Back