Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kataphn said:
I wondering if they are still working things out with my utlility DWP and that is why I had not heard anything? Are you in DWP service area, too?
Forgot to say, I got the "need more information" email as well...way back whenever.

I'm Glendale Water and Power.

Dav said:
Woo-hoo! Just got my "We would like to welcome you as a participant in the EV Project" email. :D

Just came home and found mine in my inbox as well.. They had me worried there for a bit, but great to see that this little tick-box can be checked off before I commit to placing an order..

cdub said:
Has anyone who received the "ECOtality has some additional questions" e-mail been contacted again by them?
I received the e-mail on 7/22 and haven't heard anything since.
Nope - same as you. September order date.

I'm in the Same boat. no word of additional info for free charger and I'm in san Diego with an October order date. for others in sd & waiting for additional info from eco, what are your order dates?

Hello,
I got the "more info needed" email from ecotality and they contacted me this week. Just had the "team" here at the house, 2 Ecotality representatives and an electrician from McKinstry. I have a real simple install so it looks good so far. Will have to wait for the final word, they took pictures of my panel and charger location. They didn't seem to think there would be any problem. No HOA to deal with. They were headed to Eugene next with more surveys to do there.

PDX - August order date

Don

I got the email from Nissan on July 22 saying that I was approved for the EV Project. Nothing from anyone since. A few days ago I contacted ECOtality via the "contact" page of their web site. Still nothing. So this morning I sent an email to the local contact (San Diego for me) as listed in their contact page. I got a phone call within hours letting me know that ECOtality is working with Nissan, knows who will be receiving the free EVSE, and will make arrangements to install it within two weeks of the vehicle delivery date. That satisfied me. On the contact page linked above, you will find email and telephone regional contact information for each of the initial EV Project launch markets.

LEAFguy said:
I got the email from Nissan on July 22 saying that I was approved for the EV Project. Nothing from anyone since. A few days ago I contacted ECOtality via the "contact" page of their web site. Still nothing. So this morning I sent an email to the local contact (San Diego for me) as listed in their contact page. I got a phone call within hours letting me know that ECOtality is working with Nissan, knows who will be receiving the free EVSE, and will make arrangements to install it within two weeks of the vehicle delivery date. That satisfied me. On the contact page linked above, you will find email and telephone regional contact information for each of the initial EV Project launch markets.

LEAFguy, I think you may be the first one I've seen besides myself that has been approved (mine was a phone call), and not needing an assessment. I emailed them the other day to double check if I needed someone to come out and look over my layout...no answer yet.

I got the "we need more info" email.

EcoTality did my accessment on August 19. I received my "you're approved" email on August 26.

I am in the August Leaf order group.

YMMV.

evnow said:
I've not heard anything after the assessment either. Just sent an email to the etec contact ...

got my confirmation email on Thursday of this last week. Free charger and installation after initially having to go through the assessment. Image from email below.

EV_Project_Confirm_email.png

Seattle, I got the same email last week. I too had an assessment. Are you in the August order group? I am, and will be placing my order tomorrow. I wonder what we EV Project people have to select or notify the dealer of when we place our order.

Important Update : Even for EV Project buyers, you need SL to get the L3 port. I just confirmed this using chat - after I saw a couple of people reporting this.

I've been accepted into the EV Project and am getting the SV. Don't know what the Project has to do with Level 3 charging.

WWBD said:
I've been accepted into the EV Project and am getting the SV. Don't know what the Project has to do with Level 3 charging.

If you are in the EV Project - you get free L3 port with SL. Others pay $700.

WWBD said:
And you will not be able to charge on the road ie I-10 to San Diego or around town.

You can pay $900 more for the SL and get a bunch of nice extra and the get $700 charge port add for free so the SL upgrade only cost you $200.

Wow, so many questions and so little time to get it all sorted out (my order date is tomorrow). I was accepted into the EV Project, and the email I got last week said my charger and installation would be free. But during the actual assessment I was told that my electrical system needed to be upgraded before they could put in the Blink charger. A contractor was supposed to be sent out to give me an estimate of what that upgrade might cost me. But tomorrow is my date and I have no info yet. So I don't actually know if I am going to be an EV Project participant (if the cost to me is too high), which means I don't know if I am going to get the SL or SV package. :shock:

WWBD said:
Wow, so many questions and so little time to get it all sorted out (my order date is tomorrow). I was accepted into the EV Project, and the email I got last week said my charger and installation would be free. But during the actual assessment I was told that my electrical system needed to be upgraded before they could put in the Blink charger. A contractor was supposed to be sent out to give me an estimate of what that upgrade might cost me. But tomorrow is my date and I have no info yet. So I don't actually know if I am going to be an EV Project participant (if the cost to me is too high), which means I don't know if I am going to get the SL or SV package. :shock:

Even if they decide to charge you extra - it will still be much cheaper than getting an EVSE on your own. They will basically give you a free EVSE & 1200 towards the install.

Back