Official Mitsubishi i-MiEV Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using the AC to force cool the batteries is good, I prefer it to GM's liquid cooling system and the chance for coolant leaks.

So are both of these using Toshiba's Sicb batteries?.. or just the low range model?

Official EPA figures for the "i" are out today - 126 MPGe in city driving and 99 MPGe on the highway. EPA says real world is 62 miles.

The spokesperson I talked with today also quoted LA4 figures of either 98 or 99 miles (he couldn't quite remember which).

Is this a new website for 'i" information? I didn't go back through the whole thread to see if we knew about it already or not:

http://i.mitsubishicars.com/miev/features

I'm told that the car will be in dealer's showrooms on the West Coast and in HI come November this year.

mwalsh said:
Official EPA figures for the "i" are out today - 126 MPGe in city driving and 99 MPGe on the highway. EPA says real world is 62 miles.

The spokesperson I talked with today also quoted LA4 figures of either 98 or 99 miles (he couldn't quite remember which).

Is this a new website for 'i" information? I didn't go back through the whole thread to see if we knew about it already or not:

http://i.mitsubishicars.com/miev/features

I'm told that the car will be in dealer's showrooms on the West Coast and in HI come November this year.

So, the car is fairly smaller than Leaf - and is expectedly more efficient. Only 10 miles shorter in range.

plugin-dims.png

planet4ever said:
Well, it could be that by next year I'll have two EVs! I went ahead and put down the $299 deposit just now.

I just did the same thing, I'm curious about the i-MiEV and the deposit is refundable. On a related note, it doesn't look like Mutsubishi received many preorders yet. They are offering a free home inspection to the first potential 2000 customers, and mine was quoted as free.

I was slightly tempted but since a vehicle like that (or the Leaf) would not work as a second vehicle for us, and I didn't want to tie up 300 bucks, I passed...

surfingslovak said:
planet4ever said:
Well, it could be that by next year I'll have two EVs! I went ahead and put down the $299 deposit just now.

I just did the same thing, I'm curious about the i-MiEV and the deposit is refundable. On a related note, it doesn't look like Mutsubishi received many preorders yet. They are offering a free home inspection to the first potential 2000 customers, and mine was quoted as free.

drees said:
If the LEAF wasn't in the market (and in my garage), I'd be all over the iMieV...
Yes - "i" was the vehicle of choice for me before Leaf was announced. Mitsu delayed this a bit too much - otherwise they could have been in a better position now.

Come next year, it will be a fight among
- i & iQ
- Leaf & Focus EV
- Prius PHV, Volt & Energi
- RAV 4 EV vs ?

These new versions, one for USA and one for Europe, are apparently called "MiEV", no longer the Japanese "i-MiEV".

I was given a ride in the European version, apparently perhaps 4 or 5 inches narrower than the US model will be. Nice ride, but sparce on instruments. A Nav system (and other things, I guess) are/will be/should be extra-cost options, probably driving it from "around $27k" to over $30k, I suspect.

Plenty of headroom for me, more than the LEAF's "sufficient-with-the-seat-down" headroom.

Very nice hosting staff! But, they still thought the CA Rebate would be $5000.

Honestly, I still think liquid cooling/heating is the most elegant engineering solution...

Herm said:
Using the AC to force cool the batteries is good, I prefer it to GM's liquid cooling system and the chance for coolant leaks.

garygid said:
Plenty of headroom for me, more than the LEAF's "sufficient-with-the-seat-down" headroom.
According to stats above i has 6" less headroom than Leaf. May be US version will be different ?

I could easily be satisfied with the I Miev as I enjoy small
vehicles and the range would be no problem. If the Leaf
increases in price before we get a chance here in Florida
to purchase the Mitsu may be the next contender for my
bucks.

So I talked to Mitsubishi today and they said the Leaf Charging Dock will not work with the i-MiEV. This is crazy... so we are supposed to have a different charging dock for each different kind of EV? The i-MiEV would have fit perfect in my garage next to my leaf.

Can't believe I spent all that money for a proprietary charger...

Mitsubishi said it's not the hookup that won't work it's the Charger it's self that is not compitable.

Hmmm.....I'll bet that's not the case - J1772 is J1772. If I can charge my LEAF with the Eaton they're using for the "i" at Mitsubishi's HQ, I'd be pretty certain I could charge the "i" with my AV charger at home.

I'm not sure that is completely true... Remember the issues with different EVSEs, Volt versus Leaf...

mwalsh said:
Hmmm.....I'll bet that's not the case - J1772 is J1772. If I can charge my LEAF with the Eaton they're using for the "i" at Mitsubishi's HQ, I'd be pretty certain I could charge the "i" with my AV charger at home.

cmjars said:
So I talked to Mitsubishi today and they said the Leaf Charging Dock will not work with the i-MiEV. This is crazy... so we are supposed to have a different charging dock for each different kind of EV? The i-MiEV would have fit perfect in my garage next to my leaf.

Can't believe I spent all that money for a proprietary charger...

Mitsubishi said it's not the hookup that won't work it's the Charger it's self that is not compitable.
Who at Mitsubishi did you speak with? What EVSE(s) IS it compatible with? Blink?, Coulomb? Where is the list of compatible units? Did you get a home assessment? From who?

Latest posts

Back